Sport exhaust or aftermarket?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 09:22 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Db750
Have you driven the PDK in the 991? I'm assuming you have, but if you have not I would highly recommend giving it a try. I have friends that are die hard manual guys that constantly give me a hard time about my paddle shift cars, but even they admit that they would consider PDK in the 991. The PDK has a different and more sporty feel that the other dual clutch transmissions I have driven, and it really adds to the unique experience for me.

I personally really like the wheels on the GTS, but I understand that is personal preference. Wheels are pretty much the easiest mod to make though, so you could either have them powder coated if you don't like the color (hyper silver would look amazing), or you could purchase a new set and then when it comes time to sell put the GTS wheels back on with new rubber and no curb rash.

I am big on holding out for the perfect car and having no regrets. If the PDK GTS isn't it for you then hold out for a 7MT car. Porsche lets you customize the cars almost any way you want, and when spending new 911 money there is no reason to compromise even a little!
In fact, I test drove a PDK GTS one and it was very fast it scared me LOL
It was faster than my late Turbo (stock) for sure. I do not know what they are rated for 0-60.
I think I could get used to it.
I just did an eBay search for the hyper silver (Polished) center lock wheels and I found a few. 5-6K for the set, not took bad. I love the stock look on these cars and DO NOT plan on modding them. Looking back on my previous vehicles, no one would believe me saying so, but I mean that. I want to buy a great P car from the get-g and keep it as is and enjoy it.
I would much rather get one equipped as perfect as possible and just keep it that way.
I should go back and drive the GTS I signed a buyer's order on in Houston again and go from there, it is the one I posted pictures in my post above.

Old 02-05-2016, 09:51 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
For clarification

Are all 991 GTS (4 and non AWD) a wide body?? Just trying to make sure.

Old 02-06-2016, 03:27 AM
exponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to behold
Yes, all 991 GTS are wide body. Get one and enjoy.

Old 02-06-2016, 06:03 AM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
PSE=No warranty issues.

Old 02-06-2016, 06:06 AM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KA 997TT
This brings up a whole new question to mind:

is the GTS a better car?
I have an opportunity to buy a 2016 GTS with every option in it.
It is a PDK however and it has black center lock wheels...
It is a wide body which is what I like about it. Both the C4S and the GTS are Rhodium Silver, both new, both black interior. but the GTS will run me 6K more which is not a big deal considering the sport exhaust and the sport steering wheel options added plus the X51 package...
Just can't get over the black wheels.
Definitely go for the GTS. The black CL wheels look great. You will get used to them, if you don't already like them. The GTS is a fantastic car. I had a 997 GTS and traded it on my 991 GTS. Can't say enough good things about it.

Old 02-06-2016, 12:24 PM
mikeva will become famous soon enoughmikeva will become famous soon enough
Ok!

I'm about to go pick up a 2016 991 C4S. It has everything I want (7MT) sport chrono but no sport exhaust.
I asked how much would be to add it as an option and it would run me $3750.00 installed at the selling dealer. I wanted the factory button and all...
Advice here please!!
I bought a CPO 2013 CS without PSE so I faced the same issue. After a lot of research I decided to go with the PSE so that I would have the dealer install of the switch and the rest of the "stuff" that goes with PSE all dealer installed and under the Porsche warranty. I have been very happy with my decision as the sound is great when open, I really like being able to quiet it down whenever I want, and it shouldn't have any negative impact if I ever decide to trade it in.

I think I paid a bit less than you were quoted but that is probably dealer hourly rates.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:07 PM
Gathering from most replies, PSE it is but I think I'm going with a GTS it has everything on it. I can't wait to finalize this and own it!

Old 02-07-2016, 09:06 AM
Gathering from most replies, PSE it is but I think I'm going with a GTS it has everything on it. I can't wait to finalize this and own it!
Good choice.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:46 AM
Banned
R_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really nice
Ok!

I'm about to go pick up a 2016 991 C4S. It has everything I want (7MT) sport chrono but no sport exhaust.
I asked how much would be to add it as an option and it would run me $3750.00 installed at the selling dealer. I wanted the factory button and all...
Advice here please!!

Completely personal preference! PSE + fister is the best oem solution. I'm going aftermarket + oem button for just a little more than your price. If it was a daily driver I would do PSE + fister but I want something more exciting for my weekend toy.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:49 AM
Banned
R_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really nice
If you can afford, GTS is way more special. I love my C2S but that decision was purely financial. Will probably trade for a 2015/16 Gts at some point in a few years and keep forever.

Old 02-08-2016, 06:26 AM
Originally Posted by R_Rated
If you can afford, GTS is way more special. I love my C2S but that decision was purely financial. Will probably trade for a 2015/16 Gts at some point in a few years and keep forever.
It is not the affordability for me, I am paying cash for the thing, it is about picking the right car and not wanting to trade it in like everything else i've owned in the last 17 years. I have gone through over 80 cars and gotten bored so quickly. This time I am shopping around, test driving and trying to make the best decision.
I will tell you the most expensive lessons I've learned and what made me not want to keep ANY of my past vehicles... MODDING THEM! especially my last "super car" the 997 TT... 40+K in mods then I absolutely hated it. It was no longer the super awesome car I could just jump into and drive it just "because" and not worry... Porsche 911's are designed to be driven and driven hard stock and that was a lesson learned.
An after market air filter and little tinkers here and there is one thing, but other than that, I will leave it alone.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:58 PM
Banned
It is not the affordability for me, I am paying cash for the thing, it is about picking the right car and not wanting to trade it in like everything else i've owned in the last 17 years. I have gone through over 80 cars and gotten bored so quickly. This time I am shopping around, test driving and trying to make the best decision.
I will tell you the most expensive lessons I've learned and what made me not want to keep ANY of my past vehicles... MODDING THEM! especially my last "super car" the 997 TT... 40+K in mods then I absolutely hated it. It was no longer the super awesome car I could just jump into and drive it just "because" and not worry... Porsche 911's are designed to be driven and driven hard stock and that was a lesson learned.
An after market air filter and little tinkers here and there is one thing, but other than that, I will leave it alone.

If you want the most OEM exhaust with the best sound then go PSE plus a Fabspeed/AWE/etc midpipe or PSE plus Fister mod.

I'm the same way... I had a Volvo with 6 figures in mods. After that I said I would just buy the car I wanted to build... even so.... xpel, clears, bigger OEM lip, paint the emblem and many other things.

Old 02-08-2016, 06:07 PM
TheBeav will become famous soon enough
Sport exhaust or aftermarket?

I picked up a GTS a few months ago specifically so that I didn't have to mod it. It's perfect as is from the factory.

I did opt for 5 lug wheels instead if the CLs though because I live in Chicago and drive this baby in the snow

Last edited by TheBeav; 02-08-2016 at 06:15 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:32 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Hey guys!

I thought I would quickly jump in here! We are now offering a VALVED 991 exhaust and customers are loving it. I have even had a few customers take off the Porsche Sport exhaust because they heard ours in person! There are a few variations depending on which model 991 you opted for so I can build the perfect package for each of your needs.

Our performance package is the perfect example of our 991 product line, including sport headers with cats, center muffler bypass with valves, side mufflers with tips and an intake. It produces +25 whp and +23 ft/lbs while saving 15 lbs from the rear of the vehicle. The valves are controlled by a key fob to lock them open or closed, if you currently have PSE you can re-use the interior PSE button. This system sounds amazing and completely transforms your car!

Valvetronic Performance Package - Product Link

Old 02-09-2016, 08:45 PM
jnx
jnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to behold
Ok!

Advice here please!!

7MT....NICE!!!!! I would go with aftermarket. Switching on/off not a concern to me, always left it on and was not loud enough for my taste.. Not that I want screaming loud, just wanted more noise than PSE afforded.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sport exhaust or aftermarket?