Ordering a 991.2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 07:53 AM
Carrera316 is on a distinguished road
Ordering a 991.2

Hello! Brand new member here and I joined based on all the google searches I did leading to this forum. I am very interested in ordering or buying a 991.2 (base Carrera or Carrera S) and just wanted to know when the best time is to get serious about this. Should I wait until reviews come out (first drive impressions are already out) or should I be contacting the local dealerships now? Thank you.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:19 AM
robbie9999 is on a distinguished road
I'm interested in the same product c4s but the price is absurded, not sure if others got deals or considerable money off on new builds

From reviews the 991.2 is better all around driving wise defiantly torque wise. Sound wise you can get after market systems to make what ever sound you want, 991.1 NA may have had better exhaust note

Old 02-07-2016, 08:22 AM
CSK 991 C4S is on a distinguished road
In about a year from now when the 1st wave of CPO's hit the dealers.

But

Unless you already have a relationship with a dealer I would start the talk now so when you finally decide to get serious you know who to go to and can lead you in the right direction.

Good luck on your future purchase.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:43 PM
carsnob is on a distinguished road
Angry

Just go for it. The car will have better torque at lower rpm's and you'll love it. A preowned 2013 is about $100-125k, so for another $25k ++, you'd have a car that's 4 yrs. newer as a 2017...
Then after they come out, there will be only a few preowned 991.2's until leases come due 3 yrs later

Old 02-10-2016, 10:49 PM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
If you can afford it, go for it. I think 991.2 look better than 991. Torque and power increase is a plus, don't let people talk you out of it because of the exhaust sound (there are plenty of options to make it louder/meaner/ruder LOL. Good luck and post pix when you get one.

Old 02-11-2016, 02:30 AM
MagicRat has a spectacular aura aboutMagicRat has a spectacular aura about
Just make sure you like turbo engines before you commit. Yes the .2 is faster than the .1 but the feel of the engine is very different. Many people like the feeling of being kicked in the back by boost. Some not so much.

Old 02-11-2016, 05:25 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
First get the S, it's more money but you won't end up having S envy and you will appreciate the power and other differences. Cars are arriving now, go to the dealer of your choice and first drive a late model, 2014-2015, 991.1 so you have the Naturally aspirated reference and then drive the 991.2 new turbo version.

Then buy the one that puts the biggest smile on your face. On any of these sights you are going to get a flood personal opinion and also great insight but this is a huge departure for the standard 911 to go turbo so you will have the turbo hate crowd and the turbo love crowd and all it will do is confuse you. Buy what really turns you on, they are different cars but both still great 911's.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:52 AM
Good stuff and thanks for all the feedback. I started reaching out to the dealers to inquire about the process. Didn't realize the wait time can be 3-6 months. Does that sound right to you guys? I'm pretty open to a base configuration as long as it has PDK, Sports Chrono Package, and the Sport Exhaust System. I was thinking base Carrera but now need to consider the Carrera S based on a lot of posts I have seen about the S envy.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:01 AM
@jerseyshore
@Gotgold52
@magicrat

Thanks for the information, I have spoken to dealer on 991.2 here, with a great deal on table. Still the depreciation, is mental no ? Within 3/4 years 40k loss ?

Agree with buying new ( can't believe I'm saying that lol ) I have been all over the 2013-15 and all said and done there 15-20k less then newer technology.

With the anger of many with Porsche guys going NA to Turbo - its a slippery slope, if you really thing about it, the last water cooled, with the last mechanical steering car was the most pure, you could even go further back. Having built a 66 GTO restomod I do appreciate the old school, not even comparing the products, but the older machines are not going to be driven much ( love the 964 ) but the pricing is through the roof and really driving it .

hmmmm scared lol on this purchase, pacing halls, shaking my tea cup .....

Old 02-11-2016, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Carrera316
Good stuff and thanks for all the feedback. I started reaching out to the dealers to inquire about the process. Didn't realize the wait time can be 3-6 months. Does that sound right to you guys? I'm pretty open to a base configuration as long as it has PDK, Sports Chrono Package, and the Sport Exhaust System. I was thinking base Carrera but now need to consider the Carrera S based on a lot of posts I have seen about the S envy.
Do the Carrera S at minimum I have taken out both, there is a considerable difference.

The sports exhaust does not sound as throaty .... but you can get the baffles realigned to make it as throaty as the NA 991.1 ... bruv do the "S"

Old 02-11-2016, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by robbie9999
@jerseyshore
@Gotgold52
@magicrat

Thanks for the information, I have spoken to dealer on 991.2 here, with a great deal on table. Still the depreciation, is mental no ? Within 3/4 years 40k loss ?

Agree with buying new ( can't believe I'm saying that lol ) I have been all over the 2013-15 and all said and done there 15-20k less then newer technology.

With the anger of many with Porsche guys going NA to Turbo - its a slippery slope, if you really thing about it, the last water cooled, with the last mechanical steering car was the most pure, you could even go further back. Having built a 66 GTO restomod I do appreciate the old school, not even comparing the products, but the older machines are not going to be driven much ( love the 964 ) but the pricing is through the roof and really driving it .

hmmmm scared lol on this purchase, pacing halls, shaking my tea cup .....
Yes the deprecation sucks but you are getting a BRAND NEW 991.2 Porsche and it is impossible to buy a used one obviously. The way I look at it you are simply paying for being able to drive this car now and not having to wait. I am hoping I can afford 36 month financing so that I never get negative amortization on the car but if so oh well. I too have been obsessed looking at used 2013-2016's thinking the price difference can be well worth it, but at the end of the day I know the envy will get me.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:50 PM
arlan in arizona is on a distinguished road
I have been searching for a 2013 to 2016 CS and have not been able to find what I wanted. Seems all were missing options I wanted or had options I did not want. Or did not even offer what I wanted. The 991.2 has those options. It's hard to settle when you are making this type of purchase.

So after several months of not being able to find what I was looking for I bit the bullet and put down my deposit on a 2017 991.2 C4S. I was not really looking for a 4 but allocations would have made the arrival date of the car about two months longer. So, I have an all wheel drive coming in early April.

This will be my First Porsche and I really have limited knowledge other than what I have acquired here and on Rennlist. I realize the initial hit (deprecation) on this car is going to be huge, but this will most likely be the first and last Porsche I ever buy. If I buy a car and I love I keep it for a long time. Hopefully, I will love it.

Here is my build.

http://cc.porsche.com/icc_pcna/ccCal...bcode=PHFSTWR9

Old 02-11-2016, 12:59 PM

Hi Arlan,

Can I ask what it cost in total with tax ? Your in the states .. just curious ...

Congratulations on the purchase I hope it brings you years of driving pleasure

Rob

Old 02-11-2016, 01:11 PM
arlan in arizona is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by robbie9999
Hi Arlan,

Can I ask what it cost in total with tax ? Your in the states .. just curious ...

Congratulations on the purchase I hope it brings you years of driving pleasure

Rob
I'm not really sure. The dealer told me tax and registration will add about 10%. So that puts my build at about $150,000. I am also getting Expel Bra and Passport 9500ci radar detector. So that will add another $7,000 or so. Ouch.

If not the Passport 9500ci then the 9500ix.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:07 PM
tnns911 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by arlan in arizona
I have been searching for a 2013 to 2016 CS and have not been able to find what I wanted. Seems all were missing options I wanted or had options I did not want. Or did not even offer what I wanted. The 991.2 has those options. It's hard to settle when you are making this type of purchase.

So after several months of not being able to find what I was looking for I bit the bullet and put down my deposit on a 2017 991.2 C4S. I was not really looking for a 4 but allocations would have made the arrival date of the car about two months longer. So, I have an all wheel drive coming in early April.

This will be my First Porsche and I really have limited knowledge other than what I have acquired here and on Rennlist. I realize the initial hit (deprecation) on this car is going to be huge, but this will most likely be the first and last Porsche I ever buy. If I buy a car and I love I keep it for a long time. Hopefully, I will love it.

Here is my build.

http://cc.porsche.com/icc_pcna/ccCal...bcode=PHFSTWR9
Nice build Arlan. But I noticed you could have saved money by selecting the "Sport Package - P3P" instead of selecting the PSE/AXL/PDK individually and you also get the Chrono Package included.

See my build below, expected arrival of late April and still have till next week or so to finalize build.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PH5QWQQ2

Any suggestions welcome.

Temi

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ordering a 991.2