COBB Accessport Now Supports 991 Carrera, Carrera S, and Carrera GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 04:13 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
COBB Accessport Now Supports 991 Carrera, Carrera S, and Carrera GTS

Porsche 991 Carrera, Carrera S, and Carrera GTS Accessport Support

We are very excited to announce the immediate availability of Accessport support for the Porsche 991 Carrera, Carrera S, and Carrera GTS. This release comes by the way of a firmware update to our already available POR-007 Accessport. To ensure compatibility, use Accessport Manager to verify that the Accessport firmware version is 1.7.2.0-11827 or higher.

The following vehicles are now supported with firmware and Off The Shelf Maps :

2012-2015 Porsche Carrera (991) MT/PDK WM
2012-2015 Porsche Carrera (991) S MT/PDK WM
2013-2015 Porsche Carrera (991) 4 MT/PDK WM
2013-2015 Porsche Carrera (991) 4S MT/PDK WM

Additional information regarding Off The Shelf Maps can be found on the Map Notes Page.

The following vehicles are supported with firmware and our Stage 0 (Non-Performance) Map :

2014-2015 Porsche Carrera (991) GTS MT/PDK WM
2014-2015 Porsche Carrera 4 (991) GTS MT/PDK WM

**If you own a 991 Carrrera GTS or Carrera 4 GTS, please let us know! While the Accessport should be able to install onto those vehicles, we do not yet have performance Off The Shelf Maps available. While we do not yet offer those maps, custom tuning is available via Accesstuner Pro from your preferred COBB Protuner.**

Porsche 991 Carrera Power Gains

Porsche 991 Carrera S Power Gains

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 02-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
This is awesome!

Old 02-10-2016, 05:15 PM
991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold
Nice, can you post the real dyno chart?

Last edited by 991C4s; 02-10-2016 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:11 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 991C4s
Nice, can you post the real dyno chart?
The graphs posted here are all directly from our Dyno Database. Is there a specific dyno chart you're hoping to see?

Marshall@COBB

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 02-11-2016, 09:38 AM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent news Marshall. Really glad to see the Cobb AP on the Boxster and Carrera as well.

Dzenno@PTF

Old 02-20-2016, 06:01 AM
Antonio_Spain will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
The graphs posted here are all directly from our Dyno Database. Is there a specific dyno chart you're hoping to see?

Marshall@COBB
The graph gains look really nice. What is the secret ? Do you really get those gains just with software ? It´s very similar, even better than factory powerkit.

Is it safe for the engine ?

Old 02-20-2016, 06:58 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
This is a good question Marshall.

Old 02-21-2016, 07:35 AM
combatninja has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Carrera 3.4 93 octane tune seems like a waste over the 91 octane. 3 hp and 2 lb-ft gain. As most posters here have indicated, the gains seem healthy. Almost too good to be true.
Cobb, what parameters is this tune changing to give these types of gains? I would love to see this verified by an independent user on an independent dyno. Does anyone have this yet?

Old 03-12-2016, 06:54 PM
White991S is on a distinguished road
Will I notice a big difference?

i am thinking of getting the Cobb Tune for my 991S and had a few questions.

1). Will I feel a big difference in acceleration?

2). Is it worth the $$

Old 03-12-2016, 07:38 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by White991S
i am thinking of getting the Cobb Tune for my 991S and had a few questions.

1). Will I feel a big difference in acceleration?

2). Is it worth the $$
I have had the tune about 5 days. What I notice most is how much more responsive the car is and how smooth the delivery of power is the car feels quicker but I have not run any 0-60 or other tests. I am happy with the overall improvement of the power delivery. Cobb has a 30 day return guarantee so the only real investment is time.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:04 PM
White991S is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jersey Shore
I have had the tune about 5 days. What I notice most is how much more responsive the car is and how smooth the delivery of power is the car feels quicker but I have not run any 0-60 or other tests. I am happy with the overall improvement of the power delivery. Cobb has a 30 day return guarantee so the only real investment is time.
I appreciate the information. It sounds like you see a noticeable difference. Is that difference more in the low range or through out? Lastly, was it pretty easy to install?

Old 03-13-2016, 06:07 AM
Originally Posted by White991S
I appreciate the information. It sounds like you see a noticeable difference. Is that difference more in the low range or through out? Lastly, was it pretty easy to install?
I do Like it and do feel the car is more responsive in the lower range. But for me I really feel the whole power band is smoother and more responsive.

Extremely easy to install. The guys at Cobb, particularly Jared, are great and if needed will walk you through the install. Once started it takes minutes for the install. You need and Cobb recommends using a battery charger during the install. Again no big deal. You can leave the AP connected after the install and use the gauges and diagnostics or just remove it. All updates are free of charge.

I'll keep updating as I continue to drive more.

Last edited by Jersey Shore; 03-14-2016 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:43 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hey Marshall!

I have done 2 and the guys both love it! One was a 50th anniversary w/o X51 and he feel he has meet or beat that level with the Cobb tune and exhaust/intake!

Great stuff!

Old 04-17-2016, 08:27 PM
thedayet is on a distinguished road
Please PM me the price 2015 991 3.4

Sent from my iPhone using 6SpeedOnline

Old 06-27-2016, 08:17 PM
builthatch is on a distinguished road
hiya OP -

friend bought one of these, P/N
AP3-POR-007, for his 2012.5 991 Carrera S. he tried to flash it tonight and is telling me that it backed up his stock tune but said it's not compatible with his car and thus won't flash the Cobb tune.

any idea what's going on?

Last edited by builthatch; 06-28-2016 at 01:30 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: COBB Accessport Now Supports 991 Carrera, Carrera S, and Carrera GTS