Any 2017 991 wanting Ducktail near San Fernando Valley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 10:56 AM
robbie9999 is on a distinguished road
Any 2017 991 wanting Ducktail near San Fernando Valley

Hi Guys,

I am new to the form, living in Toronto, I have been scouring the net to look for a ducktail to order for a 2017 C4S.

Speaking to Beau at Wicked Porsche today, be great if anyone with a 2017 991 went by his shop, he will try the 2013-2016 ducktail, if it does not work, he will manufacture one that will work. Just needs to test fit on an actual car. Then will provide product to anyone else wanting the part.

Beau - 1.818.426.3909

Old 02-12-2016, 11:13 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
In all honesty I have never heard anything positive about Wicked Motors. Just saying what I have heard on the forums, no personal experience.

Old 02-12-2016, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the response ! I just joined I spoke to him seems there is no one with reputable claims or invoices that have dealt with him that he can help resolve. I am going on a mans word, he or anyone burns me I would not deal with them again.

Will ensure I am aware of the deal though thank you sir.

Old 02-12-2016, 01:51 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Just proceed with caution and do a search for them on this forum and Rennlist.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:03 PM
chio4 is on a distinguished road
There is a reason it is not coming with the option on 991.2! Has to do with cooling for the engine!

Old 02-12-2016, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by chio4
There is a reason it is not coming with the option on 991.2! Has to do with cooling for the engine!
There is nothing that can't be done
This extra cooling requirement seems it should not be covered from factory ?

Sun coast and wicked are saying it can be done

Old 02-12-2016, 08:30 PM
Vise is on a distinguished road
Seeing as there are no 991.2s landed yet in the US you might be waiting a while for a solution. Best case 6 months or so for cars to land and someone to try and hack together a solution.

Agreed I'd stay away from Wicked as well, no personal experience but have read horror stories from others.

Old 02-13-2016, 06:55 AM
991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by robbie9999
Hi Guys,

I am new to the form, living in Toronto, I have been scouring the net to look for a ducktail to order for a 2017 C4S.

Speaking to Beau at Wicked Porsche today, be great if anyone with a 2017 991 went by his shop, he will try the 2013-2016 ducktail, if it does not work, he will manufacture one that will work. Just needs to test fit on an actual car. Then will provide product to anyone else wanting the part.

Beau - 1.818.426.3909
If you take a close look at the 991.2 raised spoiler you will notice that there is a covered material that looks like it is designed to assist in the cooling process. I am not certain, but it is so hideous looking that I can't imagine it could be for anything else.
If you modify the current spoiler with an enclosed ducktail similar to that of the 991, there can be serious warranty issues. I can envision you experiencing a service nightmare with the dealer saying "revert to stock before we will look at it under warranty".

I have two pieces of advice for you:
1) Wait until the car is on the road and see what aftermarket parts get born, including perhaps Porsche options or
2) Buy a 2012.5-2016 the way you want it. There are plenty of them around.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:41 AM
There is nothing that can't be done This extra cooling requirement seems it should not be covered from factory ? Sun coast and wicked are saying it can be done
You seem very determined to do what you want regardless of some good advice. First do the research on Wicked. If you are still determined, then talk to your dealer or tech and ask if any mod like you are contemplating not currently supported by Porsche will be an issue. Then if you're still dead set on mods before you even experience the car knock yourself out.

So you know I am a fan of modding, having flashed ecu's on 3 TT Porsches, exhaust and suspension mods, etc. just proceed with all eyes open.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jersey Shore
You seem very determined to do what you want regardless of some good advice. First do the research on Wicked. If you are still determined, then talk to your dealer or tech and ask if any mod like you are contemplating not currently supported by Porsche will be an issue. Then if you're still dead set on mods before you even experience the car knock yourself out.

So you know I am a fan of modding, having flashed ecu's on 3 TT Porsches, exhaust and suspension mods, etc. just proceed with all eyes open.
Oh wow your the man I need to keep in touch with ! what you reckon on flashing the new 3.0 turbo's ? how more safely can we get out of them ?

Old 02-13-2016, 12:00 PM
Oh wow your the man I need to keep in touch with ! what you reckon on flashing the new 3.0 turbo's ? how more safely can we get out of them ?
The pro tuners are brilliant at finding extra power in the turbo based cars. It's really too early to tell as there aren't enough cars on the road yet. But remember all tuning comes with risk.