New, first time Porsche owner saying hi!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 06:01 PM
MichaelB1969 is an unknown quantity at this point
New, first time Porsche owner saying hi!

Hi Everyone, just introducing myself as a new, first time Porsche owner (from an Audi RS5).

Just bought a certified 2014 991 C2 with 15K miles and pretty much all the options I wanted except for the PSE and backup camera. FWIW, I am currently investigating the Sharkwerks crossover pipes.

The Audi RS5 was a great, fast and comfortable car. Definitely had stronger acceleration than the Porsche and the V8 made awesome sounds - especially at 8,500 rpm. However, I wanted something more engaging. My two main gripes with the RS5 were its weight and the completely numb steering...but mainly the weight.

I'm very much looking forward to getting to know the 991, especially in the twisties. Going to take it slow. The Audi was incredibly planted. I could take the RS5 pretty close to the limit feeling as though I'd have to do something really, really stupid to get into trouble. My assumption is that the Porsche, even the 991, isn't as forgiving. But maybe not.

Anyways, nice to meet the community here. It certainly was helpful as I conducted my research, so thank you all for that!

Mike

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	911.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	448808  
Old 05-16-2016, 07:05 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Beautiful- Congrads! You will love it.

PS You can only get a hint of what makes it so special by driving on the street. Go to a PCA Drivers Ed event and find out just how amazing it can be when properly driven.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:24 PM
dassArse is on a distinguished road
Official p car park job. A pro

Old 05-16-2016, 08:42 PM
nyc996x50 is on a distinguished road
congrats! nice color!

Old 05-16-2016, 08:45 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Welcome!
Clear corners make me Happy!

Old 05-16-2016, 09:33 PM
Agree 100%! I did the Skip Barber 2 day high performance driving program down at Laguna a few years back and it was phenomenal. I learned so much, including all the things I had been doing wrong in the past. Very humbling experience to find out that there are drivers out there that are simply in a different league. Maybe different universe, and I thought I was pretty skilled!

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
Beautiful- Congrads! You will love it.

PS You can only get a hint of what makes it so special by driving on the street. Go to a PCA Drivers Ed event and find out just how amazing it can be when properly driven.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:36 PM
Thanks! Yeah, I wasn't sure I'd like the clear corners and especially the clear tail lamps, but I do think they look sharp with the white paint and platinum wheels. Gives it all a monochromatic look.

Originally Posted by eldertec
Welcome!
Clear corners make me Happy!

Old 05-16-2016, 09:37 PM
Ha ha, glad you noticed my neuroticism.

Originally Posted by dassArse
Official p car park job. A pro

Old 05-16-2016, 09:39 PM
Thanks, my first two choices were white and silver. Both great, but glad I went white. The blue (Sapphire I think) was also interesting but the one I saw was sold before I got a look at it.

Originally Posted by nyc996x50
congrats! nice color!

Old 05-16-2016, 10:19 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
Are you missing the protective film on the sides? At least from the photo.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:53 PM
If you mean the film just in front of the rear wheel arch, it's there. The car was well cared for, but dirty. The dealer pretty much washed, vacuumed and waxed the car, which wasn't nearly enough. So last weekend I spent about 12 hours getting it to like new condition. After a clay bar, buff with a random orbital and 3 coats of Ultima Paint Guard Plus...and lots of paint cleaner with fingernail action around the protective film you referenced, they look like they're not there.

Originally Posted by trovan
Are you missing the protective film on the sides? At least from the photo.

Old 05-17-2016, 04:46 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats. Great looking car. Oh, and I love the color.

Old 05-17-2016, 05:07 AM
BOBP is on a distinguished road
Go for the Sharkwerks crossover pipes. The car will sound incredible.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:12 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Congratulations and welcome! As fabulous as your RS5 was, I think you will find your 991 to be a more nimble and enjoyable ride. Enjoy!

Old 05-17-2016, 11:45 AM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! Great looking new ride!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New, first time Porsche owner saying hi!