electric door lock acting weird

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 07:36 AM
megmarc is on a distinguished road
electric door lock acting weird

Anyone had this problem? Unlock my 2014 Carrera, step away for a few seconds and it relocks itself. Happens every time I unlock after just a few seconds.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:29 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
I think this is a standard feature - if you unlock door and do not open it, door will relock. Don't know what the timeout period, but assume it would be 15 - 8- seconds. I know Benz does this too and I am sure other cars as well. But does not seem normal if only a few seconds

Last edited by PorscheCrazy; 06-27-2016 at 09:33 AM.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:15 AM
megmarc is on a distinguished road
Thanks PC. Just confirmed with local Porsche dealer. Salesman thinks it can be programed out within the onboard vehicle section.

Old 06-27-2016, 02:58 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Mine does, like 20 sec or so...

Old 06-27-2016, 06:27 PM
Pmorritt is just really nicePmorritt is just really nicePmorritt is just really nicePmorritt is just really nice
RTFM to change setting. ��

Old 06-27-2016, 06:41 PM
Pmorritt is just really nicePmorritt is just really nicePmorritt is just really nicePmorritt is just really nice
Ok. That was a little harsh. My bad. Go to the PCM screen. Veh-Settings-Locking. Choose locking settings and unlocking settings. Simple. Do you have the cd that came with car from PNA titled Good To Know. All. Info is there.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:36 PM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Pmorritt
Do you have the cd that came with car from PNA titled Good To Know. All. Info is there.
"Good to Know" is also an App which is incredibly useful and convenient.