4 Years. 61000 miles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 07:13 AM
stealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud of
FWIW I do my oil changes with 0W-40 and I believe that was the factory spec. My dealer put in 5W-40 last oil change they did, but I went back to 0W last month.

Old 07-12-2016, 05:57 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
0w-40 always. Never thought about any other.
This is the OEM fill.
Every 10k
Do it myself
Wal-Mart oil.
Dealer filter and c ring.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:48 AM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
So you're probably using the Euro formula I was talking about. I just read this article on oil specification and testing and now I feel comfortable with the 0W-40. It has one of the highest zinc ratings also as shown on the Mobil 1 spec sheet below.

ChuckJ
http://www.upmpg.com/tech_articles/motoroil_viscosity/
https://mobiloil.com/~/media/amer/us...guide-2016.pdf

I've been trying not to think too much about this stuff. Seems to me that there were a a bunch of German engineers who figured it out for me. I've been going with their recommendations

I do change the drain plug each time.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:00 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rnl
I do change the drain plug each time.

Am I reading this right? You change the drain plug each time or the drain plug washer each time? I know you need to use a new washer each oil change, but I never heard of changing the plug each time. Is there a reason for this?

Old 07-13-2016, 08:04 AM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Am I reading this right? You change the drain plug each time or the drain plug washer each time? I know you need to use a new washer each oil change, but I never heard of changing the plug each time. Is there a reason for this?

For no good reasons other than it's $5 and i and I am obsessive and compulsive

Old 07-14-2016, 12:20 PM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
In theory, worse case... it could get stripped then it would have to be tapped out, which could put metal shrouds in the oil. I believe this is why people change the plug each time.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:58 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Are you looking in to getting extended warranty?

I forgot but do you have PDK ?

Old 07-23-2016, 04:43 AM
rnl
Originally Posted by Fester
Are you looking in to getting extended warranty?

I forgot but do you have PDK ?
Yes

Pdk, PSE, leather interior (black over platinum), spacers, and a rag stuffed in the sound symposer

No extended warranty. Waste of money if you don't track.