Porsche Independent ShopP Northern NJ for Service and PSE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 03:47 PM
dkim12 is on a distinguished road
Porsche Independent ShopP Northern NJ for Service and PSE

Thought I would just post a new thread instead of adding to the 4 year service one.

I bought the parts from my dealer in Northern NJ who price matched it to Parts.com. While I was there, the head technician asked where I was going to do the service if not the dealer. I told him a shop close by, and he said to give Sam at Elite Motors in Lodi, NJ a call. He works mostly on BMWs and Porsches.

Called Sam and received a quote for the 4 year/40k mile service that was half that of the dealer.

Dropped my car off this morning at 8am and got a call from Sam at 3pm saying the car would be ready around 5pm.

Had Enterprise dropped me off and was suprised to see that it had been washed. My car was pretty filthy haha. Most independents I've taken my other cars to never do a wash.

The service was done at the price we agreed on and he also noticed that my AWE exhaust was making a rattling sound because the way the tips were sitting. He made an adjustment and the rattle is gone.

He also said that he has all the dealer tools, so if you need PSE added, he can program the center console cheaper than the dealer. I wish I had known that before doing it at the dealer. I didn't ask how much he charged...didn't want to know haha.

If you have a service or mod you are looking to do, look them up. I did a pretty thorough search on the web looking for negative reviews and nada. All positive on BMW forums and google reviews.

Just thought I'd post a really positive review for a shop that clearly cares about the work they do. The place is immaculate too. You'll save a good amount for the same work the dealer can do.

Last edited by dkim12; 07-13-2016 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:48 AM
Arcoril is on a distinguished road
I purchased my used 991 from Jack Daniels Porsche in Upper Saddle River. Unfortunately, I live in Los Angeles and couldn't check out the car in person so I looked up nearby indie shops and decided on Elite Motors.

The PPI was incredibly thorough and Sam was extremely patient and answered all of my questions. If I were in NJ I'd absolutely bring my car there without any hesitation.

Old 07-19-2016, 05:26 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
OP -- Thanks for the rec. Always great to have a quality non-dealer option. When you say he has the Porsche tools, you are sure that he reset the service indicator? That's important to me.

Old 07-19-2016, 05:35 PM
dkim12 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by KonaKai
OP -- Thanks for the rec. Always great to have a quality non-dealer option. When you say he has the Porsche tools, you are sure that he reset the service indicator? That's important to me.
It was important to me too so I was sure to ask before scheduling my service. Yes, the service indicator was reset. He said that factory tool cost close to $30k and a few thousand a year because of the updates he has to download.

So he can also do the PSE reprogramming of the center console for those looking to add it.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:35 PM
unconscionable has a spectacular aura aboutunconscionable has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for recommendation. I'm also looking for places that can provide great service and help me save a buck.