Back-up camera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 07:24 PM
UMD911 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think I'm going buy this On/Off Switchable OBD2 Flat Wire Extension Cable so I don't have to routinely unplug the Pearl OBD2 Device.

https://www.amazon.com/Fotag-Female-...le+with+switch

Old 12-06-2016, 10:42 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by UMD911
I think I'm going buy this On/Off Switchable OBD2 Flat Wire Extension Cable so I don't have to routinely unplug the Pearl OBD2 Device.

https://www.amazon.com/Fotag-Female-...le+with+switch
That's a great one, but I think it will only be needed if you only drive the car once or twice a month.

ChuckJ

Last edited by ChuckJ; 12-06-2016 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Green Hornet has a spectacular aura aboutGreen Hornet has a spectacular aura about
Thanks Guys !

I hope to set this thing up next week.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:49 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Green Hornet
Thanks Guys !

I hope to set this thing up next week.
Did you set it up, Hornet?

ChuckJ

Old 12-14-2016, 11:44 AM
Green Hornet has a spectacular aura aboutGreen Hornet has a spectacular aura about
Not yet - I'm getting a new phone.
I'll get it set up in the new phone. iPhone 7

Old 12-21-2016, 04:17 PM
Hurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond repute
New update out today - 1.4. Push notification for iOS when you mount it on the Pearl mount. Swipe notification for app.

Old 12-22-2016, 01:39 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Should receive mine today.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Jersey Shore
Should receive mine today.
Did you get it installed, Jersey? What do you think?

ChuckJ

Old 01-06-2017, 03:02 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
I did do the install last week. Easy, easy install. I loaded the app and booted it up. Really impressed with the quality of the camera and the size of the field of vision. The new app has the guidelines included. Which make use super easy. I'll use it much more in the Spring so I can't give weekly updates till the weather warms but initial I mpressions are really positive. My wife drives a Macan S with Porsche camera and I think the Pearl has a clearer camera.
Hope this helps.

Old 01-06-2017, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Jersey Shore
I did do the install last week. Easy, easy install. I loaded the app and booted it up. Really impressed with the quality of the camera and the size of the field of vision. The new app has the guidelines included. Which make use super easy. I'll use it much more in the Spring so I can't give weekly updates till the weather warms but initial I mpressions are really positive. My wife drives a Macan S with Porsche camera and I think the Pearl has a clearer camera.
Hope this helps.
I agree, I think the FOV is wider and the camera resolution is better than my Chevy.

ChuckJ

Old 02-22-2017, 01:58 PM
Learned a great trick today. If you have an old smartphone you don't use anymore you can set it up as a permanent rear view camera even if it doesn't have a sim card in it. Just remove the app from your current phone and load it on the old phone using wifi. That way it is always ready mounted in your car saving you from having to take it out of your pocket.

ChuckJ

Old 02-22-2017, 03:27 PM
Uncovered the car last weekend for a quick ride on a beautiful Pa day. Loaded up the latest Pearl updates and have to say I am really impressed how fast the camera comes up and the quality of the picture.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:49 PM
Yep, and the support is amazing if anything goes wrong. They speak good English, and when I questioned a strange line in my first one, they had me take a picture of the lens and replaced it immediately. I have two of them (one for the 991 and one for the 993) and they walked me through setting it up so the cameras wouldn't get confused as to which camera was supposed to be operating (thus hooking up the second sim-less phone.

ChuckJ

Old 05-18-2017, 09:58 AM
Just an update for anyone that is interested. Pearl just modified their software so that you can see behind you while you are moving forward. You just turn it on even if you are moving forward and it will stay on and display what's behind you for the time you have set it up for it to remain on.

For the life of me, the only thing I can see using it for is checking the front license plate for someone that is tailgating you, but they say many people asked for the capability so there must be something I'm missing.

ChuckJ

Old 07-20-2017, 01:36 PM
Well it appears Pearl ran out of funds and was sold to another company. Right now, my camera is working fine but the future is uncertain. The team is gone and has not been reconstituted by the purchasing company. I did reach someone in there who was in a different area but said he would have someone get back to me. I'll keep you updated if I find out anything else.

ChuckJ

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Back-up camera