Interior door panel coming off! Need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 05:47 PM
White991S is on a distinguished road
Interior door panel coming off! Need help

I have a 991 S and the interior door panel is coming off. It is in perfect condition but it is just separating from the the door. The dealership said they would have to replace the entire panel. When I told them I wasn't going to spend $2,000 per panel and remove them they quickly gave me the number for a person they recommend. A interior guy I guess. They said it is an incredibly common problem. Has anyone else dealt with this? Any luck getting it fixed instead of replace? Mine is out of warranty

Old 08-21-2016, 06:16 PM
ak78 is on a distinguished road
I had the same issue, I took my car in to the dealership for a window switch replacement and the tech noticed the driver door panel was separating. I took a closer look at the passenger one and although it wasn't as bad it looked like it had also started to separate. The dealership replaced both panels under warranty and my car was in the shop for over a week as they had to be ordered from Germany. Not sure what causes this separation but I've read that it's the adhesive used. If you need the part numbers let me know, I still have the invoice.

Old 08-21-2016, 06:38 PM
does195 is on a distinguished road
Anyone have a pic?

Old 08-21-2016, 07:29 PM
Porschejeff is on a distinguished road
Supposedly an early 2012 991 build problem with the adhesive used on the door.

Old 08-21-2016, 07:52 PM
ak78 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Porschejeff
Supposedly an early 2012 991 build problem with the adhesive used on the door.
Mine is a 2013, I've also heard of the issue on 2014s

Old 08-22-2016, 03:17 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Here is a great video by Plenum on how to remove the door panel. Maybe remove and reglue the part that is separating or use double sided tape? Hope this helps.

Old 08-22-2016, 02:43 PM
dkim12 is on a distinguished road
didn't even know it was separated until I saw someone post another thread about it. Took it to dealer this morning and they replaced the entire door panel. I don't have full leather btw

Old 08-22-2016, 05:59 PM
White991S is on a distinguished road
Were you still under warranty?

Old 08-22-2016, 07:15 PM
dkim12 is on a distinguished road
sorry meant to put that in. Yes, I'm still under factory warranty til november 2016 which is why I did it now

Old 08-23-2016, 01:09 AM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Mine is getting replaced on Wednesday due to this problem. It's a 2014.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:45 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
I'll second the request for a photo of this problem. I'm having trouble picturing it.

Even a link to another thread with photos of the problem would be appreciated.

I'm nearly out of warranty and want to get this addressed beforehand, if necessary.

Thanks.

Old 08-23-2016, 11:00 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brianja
I'll second the request for a photo of this problem. I'm having trouble picturing it.

Even a link to another thread with photos of the problem would be appreciated.

I'm nearly out of warranty and want to get this addressed beforehand, if necessary.

Thanks.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...s-warping.html

Same problem happening on my 981 currently

Old 08-23-2016, 01:20 PM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...s-warping.html

Same problem happening on my 981 currently
Thanks. That's pretty hard to miss. Hopefully they take care of it under warranty for you.

So far I am in the clear.

Old 08-28-2016, 01:44 AM
mdrobc13 is on a distinguished road
Yes...its a common occurrence due to change in glue vs fastners used in the 991. Dealer should replace under warranty. Happened to mine also..easy fix. Just let them know as there's a Service Bulletin on it also I believe.

Attached Images  
Old 12-03-2017, 05:16 PM
guardsRed991 is an unknown quantity at this point
2014 991.1 Passenger Door Panel Warping

My wife noticed that the passenger door panel on our 2014 991.1 is separating at the top, near the window. I gently pulled back the door panel and it looks like really bad adhesive that lost its "stick." I scheduled an appointment with the dealership this week, hoping to get it replaced under factory warranty. Thank you all for the previous posts on this issue! I'm surprised that an expensive brand like Porsche would use adhesive for its panels.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Interior door panel coming off! Need help