My thoughts on 991 Techart kit for 991 Carrera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 07:33 PM
nyc996x50 is on a distinguished road
My thoughts on 991 Techart kit for 991 Carrera

I've had the kit which consists on the front spoiler, side skirts, and rear wing for a few months now. I figured I'd write a review partially to vent because of the fitment issues and also to educate others who are thinking of buying anything Techart. I don't see too many detailed reviews on Techart so here's my take on it.

Let's start with the pros:

1. IMO better looking the the aerokit cup and sport design kits.

2. rear wing and front spoiler are supposedly wind tunnel tested.

3. made of polyurethane.

now the cons:

1. way overpriced!

2. fitment is terrible with the side skirts. they don't rest flush against the rocker panels and there are uneven gaps in the front of the side skirts. I had screws drilled into the rocker panel to try to make the gaps even but that didn't work. I'm getting the side skirts removed next week and they will be for sale at a hugely discounted price. Also, after countless hours of staring at the sideskirts, I feel they look added on as oppose to blending with the rest of the car like the front spoiler and rear wing.

3. the front spoiler rests fairly flush against the bumper... I would say it's an 8 of 10. It's tight on some places and noticeable on others. For $1400, you would expect perfection.

4. The fitment with the rear spoiler is not so great either. The gaps are equal on both sides but wider in comparison to the engine lid. also the hex screws strip easily and the replacements screws are made in china (i know because i bought them off a chinese seller on eBay) for $3600, I want strip proof German made screws

My final thoughts: If you want the techart look and can live with the fitment issues, just go with the wing and front spoiler as they are supposedly wind tunnel tested. The sideskirts look ok in the pictures but look terrible in person and the uneven gaps will just drive you nuts!

It may be no surprise to most people that an aftermarket kit is going to have fitment issues but for the price Techart is commanding, you would expect OEM fitment.

The exterior options are limited on the 991 carrera. There's Vorsteiner, Mansory, and Caractere just to name a few. If the aerokit cup and sport design float your boat, then they're worth the money since they should have factory fitment.

Old 09-19-2016, 08:26 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
Tks for review and feedback 👌🏼

Old 09-21-2016, 04:18 PM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Nice write-up.

But one significant detail missing from your review-- who performed the install?

Old 09-21-2016, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by plenum
Nice write-up.

But one significant detail missing from your review-- who performed the install?

I had two shop try to fit the sideskirts. One detailing shop told me fitments issues occur even with techart and wouldn't even attempt to fix the fitment. In a nutshell, I think the problem is with techart and not the shops.

Old 09-24-2016, 05:26 PM
Here are the gaps in talking about with the techart wing

Old 09-24-2016, 06:48 PM
combatninja has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Aftermarket aero parts are garbage, and you're picking from the top of the line with TechArt. Top of the line garbage is still garbage at the end of the day though.