991.2 tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 10:01 AM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
991.2 tuning

Hi
Besides McChip is there another tune in the market that you guys know of for the base 991.2? I heard some not so nice stories about piggyback directly from the service advisor at a Porsche dealer, recommending flash tune instead. He says they normally look the other way on that, as long no obviously hardware changes (typically cats) they respect the warranty.

So, I tried Cobb, awe, Fabspeed, fvd websites and nothing. Fvd and vr have piggyback for the S.

I changed my side markers to clear led (orange led for sale) but surprisingly didn't add that much hp

Old 10-13-2016, 05:01 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Did anyone actually got tuning done by McChip? I'm sort of doubting they have a commercial product...

Old 10-16-2016, 07:02 AM
For what's worth, BMC filters now have a high flow filter for the 991.2 and there's an IPD plenum as well in the market

Still no definite ecu flash tuning, only piggyback

Old 10-19-2016, 12:48 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
We hope to have one available very soon, development is nearly done.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by GMP Performance
We hope to have one available very soon, development is nearly done.
Any spoilers? Flash tune? Piggyback?

Old 10-24-2016, 12:21 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by John McLane
Any spoilers? Flash tune? Piggyback?
We will have both options available. The ECU on those cars is not an easy one to crack, so it takes some time!

Old 10-24-2016, 04:21 PM
Awesome!

Old 10-26-2016, 06:27 PM
JShinone is on a distinguished road
The only place doing flash tuning on the 991.2 platform is World Motorsports in California. They tuned my friends 2017 turbo but he lives close to them as they needed to do the tune at their shop.

Old 10-27-2016, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by JShinone
The only place doing flash tuning on the 991.2 platform is World Motorsports in California. They tuned my friends 2017 turbo but he lives close to them as they needed to do the tune at their shop.
Gmp and Cobb might have a product soon. I still haven't heard anyone that actually got it done with McChip. Their US shop is not far from me but the guy dodged all my attempts to bring my car in for a tune. Odd.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by John McLane
Gmp and Cobb might have a product soon. I still haven't heard anyone that actually got it done with McChip. Their US shop is not far from me but the guy dodged all my attempts to bring my car in for a tune. Odd.
So far, FVD, agency and mcchip have piggyback solutions.

Old 12-29-2016, 06:34 PM
Anyone see any new ECU tuning in the marketplace?

Old 12-29-2016, 11:38 PM
Christopher Teane is on a distinguished road
I might be completely wrong here (never tuned a 911 before) but wouldn't this work: http://www.techart.de/en/techart-sho...its-sound.html

I even got a quote from the new penske porsche dealership here in south florida for installation and a promise from the service manager to not log it and remove if there is any issues (known him for years)

Old 12-30-2016, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by Christopher Teane
I might be completely wrong here (never tuned a 911 before) but wouldn't this work: http://www.techart.de/en/techart-sho...its-sound.html

I even got a quote from the new penske porsche dealership here in south florida for installation and a promise from the service manager to not log it and remove if there is any issues (known him for years)
By install you mean piggy back? I read and heard horror stories about it. My SA at the stealership told me some stories. They know it's a piggy back causing issues, don't ask me how, maybe specific type of failure or safeguard bypass. Regardless, he tiled me ECU tuning is sorta ok...ideally a product like Cobb

Old 12-30-2016, 10:21 AM
quattr0l is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Christopher Teane

Im noob w P world. It looks like Techart also offers its own warranty with this piggyback solution? Theres no doubt true ECU tuning is safer but having JB4 on my DD e90 for more than 6 years and no issue.

Old 01-01-2017, 09:17 PM
2fas4u is on a distinguished road
tune

try softronic i got a good tune for my 997.2/w pdk.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991.2 tuning