Awe Switchpath Exhaust stuck in "loud" mode

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 08:15 AM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
Awe Switchpath Exhaust stuck in "loud" mode

Hi everyone. I have had my Awe Switchpath Exhaust installed on my 991.1 Carrera S for a couple of months and have really been enjoying it. Fantastic sounding system.

I had PSE before so have the full functionality of being able to turn it from "normal" to "loud" with the press of the Exhaust button on the centre console.

A few days ago I noticed that the exhaust button wasn't opening or closing the valves as it normally does. The sound doesn't change at all anymore and is stuck in the "valves open" mode I believe. I checked when I was in the garage with the car on and windows open - when I press the Exhaust button to "on" I can hear a slight clicking sound where the Exhaust is but the sound doesn't change. No clicking sound when I turn the button off.

I had this installed at the tuning department of the dealership I bought my car and they are 45 minutes away. However, I've been servicing my car at a dealership 8 minutes away and I have an appointment for winter tire swap over and oil change tomorrow. Is this an easy fix that I can ask this dealership to remedy while it is in service tomorrow. Is it likely something came loose? Has anyone had this experience with their Switchpath Exhaust?

Thanks in advance.

Louis

Old 12-05-2016, 10:19 AM
Jbgill6535 is on a distinguished road
Bad COV. Lots of threads on RL regarding how these malfunction.

Old 12-06-2016, 07:42 PM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
Problem solved. Took the car to the dealership - the vacuum lines must have come loose and melted themselves on the exhaustb

Dealership was kind enough to put the work under warranty even though it is an aftermarket exhaust and vacuum lines likely not secured properly at the install.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:09 PM
Jbgill6535 is on a distinguished road
That was the second guess! Glad it was fixed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.