Should I get new tires yet??

Old 12-30-2016, 09:25 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Should I get new tires yet??

Hi guys and happy holidays. Looking for opinions. I have approximately 21000 miles on my Perrelli P 0s that came on my 2012.5 991. According to the measurements they have some life left them. Fronts have about 5/32, and the rears about 4/32. despite this I feel like they just don't handle like they did a few years back. Like maybe they are harder and not as sticky? I can really see a difference when I go into turns. Of course sometimes it is cold out and that might explain the issue. I will definitely go with the MPSS when I get new tires. Should I do it now or wait?

Old 12-30-2016, 01:42 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
You already got lots of mileage on your present tires, and if you feel handling issues, go ahead and get new tires. I'd never take chances with tires.

Old 12-30-2016, 02:49 PM
r11rs will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
You already got lots of mileage on your present tires, and if you feel handling issues, go ahead and get new tires. I'd never take chances with tires.
+1 also

Old 12-30-2016, 11:11 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
Or your summer tires don't like the cold.
My wife's summer tires didn't care for Carolina winters, I'm positive NJ/PA winters get much colder. Cold weather affects handling and traction more with summer tires than an all season.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:21 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
I decided to order and go with the MPSS.

Old 12-31-2016, 05:34 PM
carsnob is on a distinguished road
It would be a good time to go and track the car... I would think that an aggressive run on the track tends to wear down the tires considerably .
Not something you want to do with new tires, Will be Goodnuf to get some last bit of use Will be Goodnuf to get some last bit of use that way that way.

Old 01-02-2017, 04:40 PM
combatninja has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I have no idea how you managed to go 21K on PZeros. I drive pretty sedately 99% of the time and my rears were pretty much shot at 13,000 at which point the driver side rear developed a slow leak. Rather than chase the issue I elected to replace the rears as they would have only gone another 2-3K at most. My fronts are at 15,000 now and are looking shabby--low tread and lots of surface cracking at the shoulders. Mine will be in for replacement early this spring for sure.

Glad to hear you elected to replace the tires with Michelins. Report back with your review going from old, hard Pirellis to bend new Super Sports.

Old 01-10-2017, 02:33 PM
SD Vidiot is on a distinguished road
I squeezed out 24,500 on my OEM Pirelli P0's in my daily driver. I got a great deal at Costco on the Michelin Pilot SS. I think with the new iteration MPSS coming out in the Spring, Costco is buying up the extra stock. So quiet now compared to the Pirelli's !

Old 01-14-2017, 02:34 PM
Hurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, do it now.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:36 PM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
Take it to your local tire shop and ask for their recommendation.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.