Feedback on this exteneded warranty estimate?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 11:09 AM
grover432 is on a distinguished road
I'll have to double check with my SA, but I thought he told me that I can buy an extended warranty that covers the same stuff as CPO for about $3,500 ($CDN). That would add 2 years of coverage after the factory warranty expires. I have just ordered a 2017 C4 Coupe and was debating leasing for a short while, to be able to get a CPO and buy the car out. He said that wasn't necessary and the extra 2 year warranty was available from Porsche. Maybe I don't have that right??

Old 01-19-2017, 11:10 AM
grover432 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by riden
My experience while shopping for a warranty indicates bumper to bumper really is not when you ask about specific scenarios. Also, the fine print before writing a check was not made available after a couple of requests. What happens if a wear item such as the PDK clutch fails and it requires replacement of the transmission because the parts are not available separately? There may be caps on labor rates. Some of these contracts are transferred/sold to another company.

There are too many potential loopholes so I decided to either get a 2 year extension from my dealer or self insure.
What did your dealer quote for a 2 year extension?

Old 01-23-2017, 01:15 PM
Godfather is on a distinguished road
Mine is a daily driver, that was the reason I went thru the Porsche dealership and got a CPO car. Car parts/labor are crazy expensive. I wouldn't drive any car without a service contract.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:37 AM
CSK 991 C4S is on a distinguished road
When was the last time you kept a car for 6 years and 90k miles?

Invest that 7K now and when you need any warranty work take a withdraw. I bet you will be money ahead.

By the time you reach 4 years and/or 50K miles you will know if the car's a keeper or not.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.