2017 GTS lease rates?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 07:41 AM
997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !
2017 GTS lease rates?

I asked a local dealer if he can give me a general ideal, and he says that he can't until the cars are released. He also said Euro delivery is an extra $3500 cost, which makes no sense to me.

Anyone have an idea of what a new GTS would lease for? 36m, 7500miles, tier1, base car

Old 01-11-2017, 07:53 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
I don't think the 991.2 GTS has even been announced. There's no 2017 MY GTS as far as I know.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:01 AM
saeyedoc will become famous soon enoughsaeyedoc will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Leslierc
I don't think the 991.2 GTS has even been announced. There's no 2017 MY GTS as far as I know.
It sure has, the configurator is up.

Old 01-11-2017, 01:33 PM
997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !
and it seems like a good deal, compared to a similar spec S

Old 01-11-2017, 03:14 PM
combatninja has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Checked out the configurator just for a laugh. I agree that it seems a decent deal up against a Carrera S. Alas, the base Carrera is so fast now that it will more than do for me. I actually prefer the base car to the S with these new turbo engines as it feels more natural in the power delivery. With these new, even larger turbos, is the GTS going to become a capital "T" turbo lite? Curious to read the press once these cars are tested.
As an aside, anyone else notice the change in pricing on some of the 911 options. Build a GTS and PDK comes in at a $4800 upcharge! That is up $1600 over the rest of the range. What gives? I fear the whole range is going to see that increase. Great cars but with stuff out there like the Corvette Grand Sport, which competes with a Carrera S/GTS to be honest, available for a little over half the price, one starts to wonder.
I think the 911 range could do with a decontented, detuned (350bhp?) basic 911. Limited colors, manual only, limited options with stuff like PASM and navigation stripped out for around $80,000. Sorry to highjack your thread. Rant over.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:31 PM
r11rs will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by combatninja
Checked out the configurator just for a laugh. I agree that it seems a decent deal up against a Carrera S. Alas, the base Carrera is so fast now that it will more than do for me. I actually prefer the base car to the S with these new turbo engines as it feels more natural in the power delivery. With these new, even larger turbos, is the GTS going to become a capital "T" turbo lite? Curious to read the press once these cars are tested.
As an aside, anyone else notice the change in pricing on some of the 911 options. Build a GTS and PDK comes in at a $4800 upcharge! That is up $1600 over the rest of the range. What gives? I fear the whole range is going to see that increase. Great cars but with stuff out there like the Corvette Grand Sport, which competes with a Carrera S/GTS to be honest, available for a little over half the price, one starts to wonder.
I think the 911 range could do with a decontented, detuned (350bhp?) basic 911. Limited colors, manual only, limited options with stuff like PASM and navigation stripped out for around $80,000. Sorry to highjack your thread. Rant over.
It is a populist rant. I would be +1 to all of that, but I really liked driving the PDK and wouldn't buy another one without it...

Old 01-11-2017, 09:54 PM
KEMA is on a distinguished road
With these new, even larger turbos, is the GTS going to become a capital "T" turbo lite?
I haven't seen confirmation that the new GTS has bigger turbos. I suspect (and fear) this is simply an S model with a higher state of tune. If it does indeed have new bigger turbos then this is a steal and will be crazy in the after tuning market.

Ken

Old 01-12-2017, 05:51 AM
GTS is rated at 450bhp, the exact figure of the new Power Kit for the Carrera S, which includes an upgraded turbocharger amongst its bits. Couple this with the fact that the 991.1 GTS had at its core the X51 Power Kit for the Carrera S and you have a pretty convincing case that the 3 liter motor now has 3 sizes of turbo from which to choose. Turbo technology has come a long way in the 40-something years Porsche has been applying it to road cars but there are still some universal truths that cannot be overcome. One such truth is that impeller size grows, response time slows. This can be mitigated somewhat by sorcery like variable turbine geometry in the Turbo but never truly eliminated. Once you start really thrashing a Turbo on a track you can feel this decidedly "turbo" feeling. Many people that buy one to drive only on the street and never go WOT for more than 3 seconds (admittedly that is enough to get you to jail in most jurisdictions) will never notice this.
I have read no mention of VTG for the new Power Kit (and at "only" around $10,000 US for the kit, you ain't getting that) or any other wizardry like an anti-lag system so I am left wondering how these will be to drive. I have extensive seat time in both 991.2 Carreras and Carrera S's and I prefer the power delivery of the base car. I can only assume that the GTS will just be closer to the Turbo in this regard. In fact, given the stated output relative to displacement, this one will probably feel even more "boosted" than the 3.8L Turbo.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:18 AM
quattr0l is on a distinguished road
You ask them to reduce the base by 12-13k. Someone has to recover the desielgate ;-)

Old 01-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Base MSRP is $89K so I am not being ridiculous. I understand the car would be decontented somewhat to get to that figure. Maybe eliminate PASM, Nav, PDLS, speed-activated rear spoiler (give it something fixed) and detune it down to 350bhp to put in in its proper place in the hierarchy. Target weight of 3000 pounds and target MSRP of $79,990. I think there is a real place for something like that in the market. Don't resort to putting the 2.5L from the 718 in there as the 911 purists that you hope to sell it to would then reject it. Pitch it as a poor man's 911R if you will. It's not stripped out so you can afford it, it's stripped out to make it faster.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:28 PM
saeyedoc will become famous soon enoughsaeyedoc will become famous soon enough
Not going to happen, that's where the Cayman is positioned.

Old 01-12-2017, 03:15 PM
Oh, thanks for pointing that out. I had no idea that Porsche had a sporting car positioned below the 911 in the range. They should make a convertible version!

Sarcasm aside, I would like to point out two things: The Cayman range starts in the low $50s so an $80K basic 911 is not exactly stepping on its toes. Second, the 718 is pretty much a sales flop at this point. It is not putting up the sales numbers they want to see from an all-new car for sure. Talk to any GM of a Porsche dealer, the cars are sitting on the lots forever and allocations are not being snapped up by customers to custom order. Buyers are rejecting the 4-cylinder engine. There is still a hefty segment of brand enthusiasts that will not consider any other Porsche sports car than a 911.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:42 PM
lets stay on topic please, which is the GTS, not an imaginary stripper model

Old 01-12-2017, 05:53 PM
Yeah, because talking about lease rates that don't exist yet is sooooo interesting. Don't wanna stray from that scintillating topic.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:36 AM
you're welcome to start a separate thread, its free.

I'm hoping someone that leased a Carrera S with a $120k msrp can chime in with what lease deal they got, which would be similar to a GTS rate +- $200 I'd guess

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.