991.2 GTS or 4 GTS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 11:37 AM
fanporsche is on a distinguished road
991.2 GTS or 4 GTS?

Hello.

I donīt drive in the snow, just talking about dry and wet roads, with all the power and torque increase does it makes more sense the AWD version?
Will the RWD GTS be dangerous/false on the wet or just more fun to drive and still able to put the power down on the road?
Which one would you prefer?

I ask this because I was about to order a C4S but now this model came out and for about the same price I can have a GTS rwd with the wide rear and more power! What would you do?

Thanks!

Last edited by fanporsche; 01-12-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:54 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Go with the 4

Old 01-12-2017, 01:19 PM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
I would get the 2.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:23 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
The 2, get rid of the P-zeros

Old 01-17-2017, 08:52 AM
love2drive is on a distinguished road
I've never driven the 4, but every article I've ever read says the 2 (in any incarnation) is more fun to drive (in the dry) compared to the 4. Since you're talking about the GTS, both have wider rear track for added high speed stability and the wider rear fenders. The 4 could come in handy in the rain and snow. That could be one less thing to think about, but I'd always wonder how much the driving pleasure (in dry weather) had been diminished by getting the 4. The 4 is slightly heavier, more complex, more of a liability.

I wouldn't get the 4 but I could see the rationale to do so. The 991 C2 GTS isn't the purist 911 (the R is, but that is a sold out "one off"); it's more like the most bang for the buck in terms of performance options. Throwing in awd follows that idea of just adding alot of options to a 911S. At some point, you go overboard in my opinion. Where that point is, depends on you.

Last edited by love2drive; 01-17-2017 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:43 PM
_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold
I'd go with the 2 or a TT. The 2 is a bit more light and nimble than the 4. The 2 can handle the new engine just fine. The tires and suspension improve over time just like the power and torque.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:31 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I've never driven an AWD 911, but in a GTS it might be worth a shot. My Panamera turbo with the AWD REALLY put the power down...different beasts I know, but some folks love that traction.
BTW how is the new GTS getting the extra power/torque? Just higher boost??

Old 01-19-2017, 02:14 PM
saeyedoc will become famous soon enoughsaeyedoc will become famous soon enough
The new GTS has upgraded turbos as well.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:49 PM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
Get the 4GTS. Puts the power down better and with some peace of mind with AWD. I think it's better resale value since its likely more rare than the RWD GTS

Old 01-20-2017, 10:03 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mark12345
Get the 4GTS. Puts the power down better and with some peace of mind with AWD. I think it's better resale value since its likely more rare than the RWD GTS
Agree!

Old 01-07-2024, 12:28 PM
Gr8ful68 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 991.2 GTS 4. I have a few mods and its still a great DD.

Old 01-20-2024, 03:11 AM
Eugene Soldak is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face

The AWD version may provide more stability and traction on wet roads, making it a safer option in less than ideal conditions. However, the RWD GTS may offer a more exhilarating driving experience and the ability to put the power down on dry roads.
If you prioritize safety and stability in all weather conditions, the AWD version may be the better choice for you. However, if you value the thrill of driving and are confident in your ability to handle the extra power and torque, the RWD GTS could be the more enjoyable option.
I would lean towards the AWD version for its added traction and stability, especially in wet conditions. However, if you prioritize performance and enjoy the extra power and torque that the RWD GTS offers, it could be a great choice as well. Good luck!

Old 02-11-2024, 08:50 AM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
If you are an experienced 911 driver and have paused the car regularly in a controlled setting like a track in the wet, dry and snow, then the 2 could be the option for you. The GTS had 405/450 tq/hp and if you make a mistake and end up in an oversteer, you could have a huge problem. The big boy turbo is AWD to get the most out of the car performance wise. This AWD system that gets you around the track faster is what will keep you in the road when the driver makes a mistake or in the wet or snow. Now, it can correct for all mistakes but it is very good and an awesome safety margin to add to a very capable car.

Old 02-12-2024, 06:17 AM
Gr8ful68 is an unknown quantity at this point
My GTS is AWD putting to the ground approx 600hp. (Being Dyno next week)
APR Tune ecu and tcu, AMS IC, IPD Plenum, EVOM Diverter valves, 3" SS inlets, center radiator, 200 cell Soul sport cats, Fabspeed valvetronic X Pipe for PSE. I drive this car 3 days a week and it sticks to the road like glue and it's fast as hell. The secret is just enjoy the ride and own more than one! I also have a 60th Anniversary Edition Corvette. TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT ANIMALS! Both incredibly fun!

Old 02-24-2024, 01:09 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gr8ful68
My GTS is AWD putting to the ground approx 600hp. (Being Dyno next week)
APR Tune ecu and tcu, AMS IC, IPD Plenum, EVOM Diverter valves, 3" SS inlets, center radiator, 200 cell Soul sport cats, Fabspeed valvetronic X Pipe for PSE. I drive this car 3 days a week and it sticks to the road like glue and it's fast as hell. The secret is just enjoy the ride and own more than one! I also have a 60th Anniversary Edition Corvette. TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT ANIMALS! Both incredibly fun!
Sounds like a ton of fun! Let us know what the dyno numbers are.