Cost of 40k service?

Old 01-14-2017, 08:12 PM
msgm1 is on a distinguished road
Cost of 40k service?

What is the cost of the 40k service on a 991?

I was just quoted $2750 which seems really steep?

Old 01-15-2017, 03:10 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
That sounds ridiculously high. I would shop around to other shops, even try an indy or do it yourself. It mainly involves changing oil, brake fluid and sparks, and visual inspections, of which, there are plenty of DIYs. Good luck and let us know what you finally do and the cost.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:12 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
I've seen it range $1800 to $2800.
I do not understand how there can be such a price discrepancy for a basic service from PCNA dealers.
To add insult to injury, the service itself is really straightforward.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:53 AM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Nasty expensive. They asked 2k for 3 year maintenance in my car, including the third and most expensive one.
NY has a lot of nice independent shops

Old 01-15-2017, 07:00 AM
dassArse is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
That sounds ridiculously high. I would shop around to other shops, even try an indy or do it yourself. It mainly involves changing oil, brake fluid and sparks, and visual inspections, of which, there are plenty of DIYs. Good luck and let us know what you finally do and the cost.

i was quoted the same if that makes u feel better.

Went in not expecting it but shopped if after dropping and got a 1400$ from other dealer

Old 01-15-2017, 08:54 AM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
independent charged me $585.
I provided the filters and plugs.
changed: Oil, filter, air filter, plugs.

there is not really much to this service.

many dealers see the major services intervals as a time to screw their customers.

Old 01-15-2017, 11:41 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
We charge $495 if you provide the supplies or $845 if we do provide the supply the parts. For what it's worth you might as well come down and get it serviced.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:48 AM
psst is on a distinguished road
Raja,
Whats your shop's name and address?

Old 01-19-2017, 08:22 AM
Banned
Citi991 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm interested in this too, I'm not too far away from 40k.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:29 PM
sonic991 is on a distinguished road
Winter 2017, Bay Area, Northern California, 40k mile service quoted at $2,043 (includes 10% discount for customer loyalty). Suncoast parts sells the 40k mile part kit for $339. So my dealer seems pretty fair compared to others at ~$1,700 for the labor.

I also need rear rotors and pads, quoted at $1600 (includes 10% discount for customer loyalty). Suncoast sells the parts for $637. So ~$960 for labor.

Here is a breakdown of the 40k mile service.

Includes:
- Oil Filter, o-ring, and crush washer
- Wiper Blade Set
- Summer Windshield Wiper Fluid
- Engine Air Filters
- Spark Plugs
- AC System Filters - Exterior Intake Filter (wiper cowl panel) and Interior Filter (passenger footwell)

Recommended inspections for this mileage:
- Diagnostic system - read out any faults in memory (Porsche Dealer)
- Inspect all under-body panels - ensure all are secure and tight
- Inspect coolant level and antifreeze
- Inspect radiators for blockage or external debris
- Inspect brake hoses and lines
- Inspect Drive Belt
- Inspect all drive shaft boots for leaks or wear
- Inspect tire condition and air pressure
- Check front firewall drains (rear drains on cabrios)
- Check the door, lid locks, and hood latches for proper function
- Check vehicle lighting and headlight functionality
- Check horn function
- Check windshield & headlight washer system & nozzles.
- Check battery condition and electrolyte level
- Check function of electrical equipment, including warning and turn signal lights
- Visual inspection of pads & rotors for signs of wear
- PDCC - Check Fluid Level
- Check remote control, front seats, foot brake and handbrake travel, door fold-in function, engine clutch, switches, heating, AC, and exhaust.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:23 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
I paid $1.4K for 4 years service..got only 19K miles though...

Old 01-27-2017, 05:16 AM
jerryk991 will become famous soon enoughjerryk991 will become famous soon enough
I just paid $1400 and it doesn't include brake fluid flush. Figure it is worth it as dealers can go to bat for you with Porsche after warranty expires if you need a repair but they obviously won't do it if you don't have them service the car.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:54 PM
CSK 991 C4S is on a distinguished road
If anyone lives around Middle Tennessee (Nashville Area) and wants to learn a little bit about their car and play around with tools. I'll be glad to lend a hand to perform the 40K service. Look me up over on Rennlist by the same screen name.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:38 PM
sonic991 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jerryk991
I just paid $1400 and it doesn't include brake fluid flush. Figure it is worth it as dealers can go to bat for you with Porsche after warranty expires if you need a repair but they obviously won't do it if you don't have them service the car.
Agreed, paying a small premium is worth the loyalty bonus points you get from the dealer. Luckily my dealers prices are is pretty average. I own a CPO car with a 100k mile factory warranty. Bought it with 13k on the dial. Since purchase (at 43k miles now) I have had a bunch of little issues here and there. Once the PDK went into limp mode for no reason. Another time I had a bad throttle body (hunting/poor idle). Heater solenoid stopped working recently and the glass roof has been adjusted twice with new seals (it stops any small squeaking sounds). Never paid a dime. The service manager even offered to look at the door panels for a possible warranty replacement when we were looking for the squeaking sound in the cabin. Again really nice and polite, super welcoming and no BS. If I am not happy, they try to make me happy.

Now I will admit I am super polite with them too. I give them the benefit of the doubt and a chance to address the issue they way they want to first before I get forceful. Like with the bad throttle body. 1) they just checked for ECU errors and threw in a bottle of injector cleaner and asked me to run 100 octane. 2) then they replaced the Mass Air Flow sensor 3) ONLY after those other 2 visits did they bite the bullet and replace the throttle body. I truly believe because I was patient and worked with them, didn't throw a tantrum and was a loyal customer I not only got the issue resolved, but I now have a great working relationship with them which I can leverage if something serious ever does go wrong. FYI the throttle body was not broken and no warning light were on the dash, it was just a rough idle and annoying me.

Many people don't understand its a relationship. Yes I pay them well to kiss my ***, but there are levels of service and if you ever need them to go the extra mile for you, you should work to foster that relationship.

I daily my car, so this kind of relationship is important to my peace of mind. i guess if you drive 100 miles a month then this type of relationship "effort" isn't as important.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:20 PM
john45in will become famous soon enough
Put the two cabin filters ($80.00) in yourself; buy the engine air filters and spark plugs at Suncoast for about $200.00 total and get quotes from dealers on the labor. Should be 2 hours to remove rear bumper, replace plugs and filters and re-attach bumper. Another $125.00 if you need a brake fluid flush.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.