991 C2s CAb or 991.2 C2 CAb...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 07:18 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Question 991 C2s CAb or 991.2 C2 CAb...

I have been going back and forth over this and the NA vs Turbo debate, and I'm hoping someone with more seat time than I can get can tell me some first hand experiences...

The 991.2 Carrera Base sounds like it has more torque than the 991.1 C2S

Which way to go...{:{>

SAm

Attached Images  

Last edited by See U n Rear View; 01-22-2017 at 07:42 AM.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:35 AM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
I had a C2S cab 14, traded on a base 17 cab, not looking back. Interior similar to the pic, dual tone Bordeaux red

Old 01-23-2017, 08:41 AM
AlBinVA is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe this article will help...

http://blog.caranddriver.com/tech-di...urbo-flat-six/

GL

Old 01-28-2017, 06:51 PM
prschntr is an unknown quantity at this point
Test drove 991c2s, now own a 991.2c2.
My low end torque is awesome. It is, and feels faster then 991c2s. No regrets!!
I have a MT, use it as my DD.

Old 01-30-2017, 09:35 PM
unconscionable has a spectacular aura aboutunconscionable has a spectacular aura about
I'm in a particularly good position to answer this as I just made this decision myself a matter of days ago.

I was deciding between a 2014 C2S cabrio and 2017 base cabrio.

I chose the 991.2. But that doesn't make the answer clear cut.

Engine & Acceleration - I liked the 3.8 motor better under revs. It was faster on the top end and built power in a more exciting fashion, typical of NA.

The 3.0 is strong, but it definitely runs out of steam up top compared to the 3.8. Could just be me, but the gearing feels a bit long. I would say it's a small but noticeable difference. So if you drive hard, you may like the 3.8 over the 3.0.

Steering - Tough call, but it feels superb on the 991.2. The 991.1 was certainly not better. It felt more artificial. This may vary by options. My car has no performance options.

Interior - Mostly the same. The biggest change is the new infotainment system for 2017 which is super nice but not worlds apart from a 2014-2016 car. The lane change assist and parking sensors are very useful.

Appearance - It's almost impossible to tell the visual differences of the refresh unless you're a nut like me. The S generally looks cooler due to lower stance, wider rear tires, and quad pipes. Subjective.

Miscellaneous - sound is better on 3.8. Sound without PSE on 3.0 is very muted, almost like a BMW 5 series. Prices are great on 991.1s and you will have negotiating room. Almost all are CPOs. 991.2s aren't priced that great.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:51 PM
twodan is on a distinguished road
2013 c2s

Bought new, and just about to come off warranty period with over 30K on the odo. Love it each time i fire it up. not the fastest, not the loudest, but wouldn't give it up. haven't driven the dot2, and won't. i don't to get the wants when i have my perfect car.

Old 10-14-2017, 05:34 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Wink Thanks for the great info!

It seems that the pros and cons are many...lol

When I drove the 991.1 C2s I did feel like I really had to put my foot into it to get to speed. I really like the sound of the 991.1 but think the mid-range torque was far more fun and usable in Daily driving.

I need to get some cash off and I don't mind giving up a few things, so I sent a note to one of the sponsors to see what percentage I can get off the price of a C4s or Targa S

Really quick, do you think the 18's have more cushion on-de-butt area than the 14's? and on the 18's do they grab you when in the turns?

Old 10-24-2017, 11:20 AM
Compukidd will become famous soon enough
The sound of the turbo when barely touching the gas on the 2017 C4 Cab is so sweet, not to mention the crackles and pops on the deceleration. Music to my ears, i'm hooked. No wonder my dealer gave me the car for an extended test drive.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.