Buying my first 911 4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 12:56 AM
fjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to all
I think it is fantastic, and love the 4S, aerokit, & PCCB's. My experience, as was said, when you find pre-owned that you like act fast.

Last edited by fjpgt3; 02-13-2017 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:48 AM
AlBinVA is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice build and nice price

Even though the PCCB and aerokit have huge option prices, the asking price is a decent buyer's price. Anything you can get off is money you can put in PPF if it doesn't already have it.

Good Luck

Old 02-06-2017, 09:38 AM
kram96 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ulix79
Stunning car! Purchased a 2013 white 4s last week. Can't wait. Love the aero kit! Cheers
Thanks! What are your first impressions? Were you coming from a previous sports car as well? Good luck with it!

Old 02-06-2017, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by AlBinVA
Even though the PCCB and aerokit have huge option prices, the asking price is a decent buyer's price. Anything you can get off is money you can put in PPF if it doesn't already have it.

Good Luck
I forgot to mention the whole front has a clear wrap on it since it is from colorado. The downside of this is that is is old and is starting to fade. The upside is that the paint under it was totally protected.
I've never had a car with a clear wrap before. What do you do when you detail the car? Do you was the car like normal and only wax everything but the film?

Old 02-06-2017, 03:19 PM
iacob34 has a spectacular aura aboutiacob34 has a spectacular aura about
Great looking car! I also purchased my 2014 C4S, Aerokit Cup, MT from Porsche of Colorado Springs in 2015. Justin Underwood was my sales consultant, nice guy, very knowledgeable, knows his Porsche cars.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:03 PM
AlBinVA is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by kram96
I forgot to mention the whole front has a clear wrap on it since it is from colorado. The downside of this is that is is old and is starting to fade. The upside is that the paint under it was totally protected.
I've never had a car with a clear wrap before. What do you do when you detail the car? Do you was the car like normal and only wax everything but the film?
Short answer is yes. You just need to be careful of buildup on the film edges. You may want to look at other coating products out there as opposed to traditional waxes. Some products last longer than wax and give good paint protection with just a bit more work in the application. As a point of reference, I recently applied Gtechniq EXO V3 to my new to me 911.

Go get it, sounds like a nice ride

Old 02-06-2017, 06:43 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
I put the deposit down on it late Saturday evening so I should be good. I just think they haven't clicked the "sold" button on their site yet.
Because it's not Sold yet.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:51 PM
r11rs will become famous soon enough
seems over priced? More like $75k range.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:13 AM
ulix79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks! What are your first impressions? Were you coming from a previous sports car as well? Good luck with it!
To be honest with you, I haven't even driven my 4S yet or even driven a 4S before I'm only taking delivery next week. I'm coming from a Cayman S 981, an amazing car. I've always wanted a 991 though but I have driven a few 991 S's. Let's be honest, no matter how amazing the Cayman is the Porsche identity is the 911! Cheers

Old 02-07-2017, 11:32 AM
jwerley is an unknown quantity at this point
congrats - very nice

Old 02-09-2017, 06:54 AM
jkfuel is an unknown quantity at this point
So did you get it ;]

Old 02-09-2017, 02:18 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
That's nice, aerokit and PCCB, can't look any better from the outside. $81K seems reasonable. Pick it up before someone else does.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:24 PM
I live in Delaware and the car is in Colorado so the process hasn't been that fast but I signed and sent all of the papers back overnight today. I know some people have had good experiences with Porsche of Colorado Springs but sadly, I've had quite a difficult time working with them. I would've backed out if they didn't have the car that I wanted. If everything works out, the car will be shipped on Monday the 13th and should arrive by Monday the 20th. I'm super excited to get the car but just as anxious to be done with this dealer.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:25 PM
Well I finally received the car and it's such an amazing car!
I unfortunately have some issues with the dealer though... Some of which I won't go into here but basically the sales person "yes'd me to death" and under delivered. I understand the car is a few years old but when they said they went over it multiple times, they pointed out some flaws and seemed to miss a dent by the rear wheel, minor but a dent and scratches that would not be missed. The second large issue is the paperwork and online advertisement both said the car had 26,060 miles but arrived with 28,485 (2,425 more). Lastly, the interior had a few scratches and a small tear again, this is not "flawless" they described the car to be in.. I'm not sure what to do from here.. I love the car but feel lied to and cheated by the dealer. Any thoughts on what I can and should do from here?

dent and scratches on rear fender

scratches and tear on backseat

Old 02-19-2017, 08:28 PM
Some non-closeups that don't upset me...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.