Buying my first 911 4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 09:03 PM
CSK 991 C4S is on a distinguished road
So I take it you didn't fly out and look at the car before buying? Bummer.

Now that you pointed out the dent I can see it in the sales pictures as well.

The dent can be fixed really easy and the interior hump between the rear seats can be replaced as well.

Drive in good health ...... still a very nice looking car.

Last edited by CSK 991 C4S; 02-19-2017 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:53 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
The mileage would annoy me, but not for long.
The other stuff, it's a used car bought sight unseen. Drive it and move on...

Old 02-19-2017, 10:27 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
On the "scratches and dent on rear fender," that looks foreign, as if some acetone would wipe it right off. A dingman is cheap if they pay the bill. Interior can also get repaired, used car lots typically have a guy that comes weekly to fix up used cars.

I had a 6" cut in my wife's old RX300 leather and it was almost perfect. The only telltale sign of any repair is that it was a little glossier and that was blamed on the high humidity.

They need to fix your car like they would on any used car, and they need to have a very good f'ing explanation for your mileage.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:30 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
I'm confused because I wanted to order a new 4S with a spoiler and the dealer couldn't make it happen, yet yours clearly has a spoiler.

I ordered a turbo instead not only over the spoiler, but I was over optioned on a 4S and the price wasn't too far from a Turbo anyway.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:35 PM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
That's disheartening about the dealer not being more straightforward regarding the condition of the interior and the dent, but those things are easily fixable...AND YOU HAVE A FANTASTIC LOOKING 4S! A mobile interior repair service can sort out those scratches. The fun you're going to have with that car will soon eclipse this disappointment. Enjoy!

Old 02-20-2017, 02:36 AM
ulix79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear about your car. It still looks like a beast! Enjoy, I'm loving mine!

Old 02-20-2017, 08:07 AM
jkfuel is an unknown quantity at this point
That mileage would annoy me in a 20k car, less a 80k car. Regarding the scratches and dents, I would ask to see if they would order to replace the part or have them reimburse you for it. You're at their mercy though- sorry they weren't more up front. That's a fantastic looking car though!

Old 02-22-2017, 06:47 PM
Mark8V8 will become famous soon enoughMark8V8 will become famous soon enough
The sales documentation they sent you to sign has to match the odometer. If not you have a legitimate case to terminate the sale.

Old 02-22-2017, 09:31 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mark8V8
The sales documentation they sent you to sign has to match the odometer. If not you have a legitimate case to terminate the sale.
Correct
A firm typed out official looking threatening letter to the dealership...would be enough to get some sort of compensation for this situation...if you know what I mean...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.