991 Engine Fire On Highway - Car Destroyed -

Old 03-11-2017, 12:59 PM
3pac is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the heads up

That dealership must be the worst if they aren't making this right. It was their fault you almost died when your car went up in flames. It's truly awful when they screw around with you on a new car. I was in the market for a new Porsche and am in the Philadelphia area. Ain't no way I'm going there. Very poor taste. Sad!

Got to sue em and shame em.

Keep that pimp hand strong brotha.

Old 03-11-2017, 10:05 PM
grover432 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 3pac
That dealership must be the worst if they aren't making this right. It was their fault you almost died when your car went up in flames. It's truly awful when they screw around with you on a new car. I was in the market for a new Porsche and am in the Philadelphia area. Ain't no way I'm going there. Very poor taste. Sad!

Got to sue em and shame em.

Keep that pimp hand strong brotha.
The guy has insurance. Why should the dealer give him a new car for old? Maybe a healthy discount on the new one.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:14 AM
Hurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond repute
What did your insurance say?

Old 03-12-2017, 07:44 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
I need more pictures.
Can you post more?

Old 03-12-2017, 08:15 AM
JonnyC is on a distinguished road
Hello, Hurricane,

It seems you're incorrectly thinking of this situation as a dispute over an automobile collision in a "no-fault" insurance state. Thus, below is a portion of my reply to your more lengthy and surprisingly judgmental post to the same topic on Rennlist:

PCNA and the dealer participated in the forensic inspections, which took a while to arrange. Their rep was the same one involved in the crank sensor spacer issue and remembered me and this car. Although that issue was ridiculous, it was eventually fixed. This situation is quite different. PCNA's experts at the post-fire inspection agreed about the presence of the non-native fibers. They obviously also agree the car should't go up in flames, and also apparently believe this was the dealer's fault.

I haven't accepted anything and have sought legal counsel, so while nothing has been made "right" yet, eventually, that will happen. My insurance company was informed, but is nearly irrelevant to what's going here. Of course, my insurance would pay what the insurance contract says it should pay, which is very different from and less than what the dealer, as the responsible party, can be required to pay in compensatory and punitive damages.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:50 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Sorry to read about this. Glad you're okay.

I'm not sure what the average customer can do about this. It appears to be a case of negligence by the dealership, as opposed to a design flaw. Hopefully they will make things right for you.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:51 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Good thing in terms of seeking legal counsel here, but one thing we have to remember: the car is worked on by human beings. Humans can get into a rush. I'm sure this was not intentional...the individual was probably in a hurry, given the long backlog I'm sure he has in his queue.
Again, probably not intentional. Terrible? Yes, sure. But fortunately cars can be replaced; the driver, if harmed, cannot be.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:31 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
More Pics please...

Old 03-12-2017, 11:38 AM
Hurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonnyC
Hello, Hurricane,

It seems you're incorrectly thinking of this situation as a dispute over an automobile collision in a "no-fault" insurance state. Thus, below is a portion of my reply to your more lengthy and surprisingly judgmental post to the same topic on Rennlist:

PCNA and the dealer participated in the forensic inspections, which took a while to arrange. Their rep was the same one involved in the crank sensor spacer issue and remembered me and this car. Although that issue was ridiculous, it was eventually fixed. This situation is quite different. PCNA's experts at the post-fire inspection agreed about the presence of the non-native fibers. They obviously also agree the car should't go up in flames, and also apparently believe this was the dealer's fault.

I haven't accepted anything and have sought legal counsel, so while nothing has been made "right" yet, eventually, that will happen. My insurance company was informed, but is nearly irrelevant to what's going here. Of course, my insurance would pay what the insurance contract says it should pay, which is very different from and less than what the dealer, as the responsible party, can be required to pay in compensatory and punitive damages.
No, insurance can obviously cover more than just automobile collisions, particularly if you are not at fault. And your original post didn't indicate that PNCA looked at the car - your first post was vague.

I'm not saying that the dealer isn't at fault. But if they aren't offering you the replacement value of your car, given it's age and mileage, I would tend to think that your insurance would and then recoup it from the dealer. But if you think your lawyer can get more, then good luck with that.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:43 AM
Pictures...more pictures....

Old 03-12-2017, 11:44 AM
Wait a second, your insurance company is offer to pay you less than the dealer? Does this mean that the dealer is offering to pay MORE than the value of the car?

Old 03-12-2017, 11:53 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by grover432
The guy has insurance. Why should the dealer give him a new car for old? Maybe a healthy discount on the new one.
The insurance owned by the person/entity who fault it is, pays.

ChuckJ

Old 03-12-2017, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
The insurance owned by the person/entity who fault it is, pays.

ChuckJ
Do they pay for the replacement value of a four year old car or do they pay for a brand new car? Just curious. There is a huge delta there.

Old 03-12-2017, 12:12 PM
Pictures...

Old 03-12-2017, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by eldertec
Pictures...
Lol! I want to see more pics, too.

This sucks for the OP, no question. Not sure he will get a brand new car out if it, but the dealership should make him whole and then some.

Most important thing - he was alright and not hurt!!!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.