991 Engine Fire On Highway - Car Destroyed -

Old 03-12-2017, 12:59 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hurricane
Do they pay for the replacement value of a four year old car or do they pay for a brand new car? Just curious. There is a huge delta there.
I was really only referring to "who" pays the "guy" or the company whose fault it was. The degree to which the company is responsible for gross negligence and be paid appropriate compensation will be negotiated inside or outside court.

ChuckJ

Old 03-12-2017, 08:32 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
More pictures please...
You took more than 1...didn't you...

Old 03-12-2017, 08:41 PM
JonnyC is on a distinguished road
Since you asked, I did take more than one . . .

Old 03-12-2017, 09:49 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
I'm sorry man....
I've heard of suing jiffy lube before...but...
I can't believe they would not take Some responsibility!
A little...Geez try to work with you in some way!

Old 03-12-2017, 11:18 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
It just needs some touch up paint.

If that happened to me I don't think I'd ever get in another Porsche again. Take the money and run.

I'm second guessing my decision to not order a fire extinguisher in my build.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:21 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
How long did you have from when you noticed and pulled over, to the point it was in flames?

Old 03-13-2017, 09:47 AM
grover432 is on a distinguished road
A good reason to have the Porsche fire extinguisher option under the passenger seat.

I think the muffler system is still good.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:59 AM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by grover432
A good reason to have the Porsche fire extinguisher option under the passenger seat.

I think the muffler system is still good.
Would you really want to battle the fire yourself, and if you did, would you want the car with minimal fire damage fixed and returned to you?

Old 03-13-2017, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by mtony
Would you really want to battle the fire yourself, and if you did, would you want the car with minimal fire damage fixed and returned to you?
It was a joke. I'd have just walked away from it, called my insurance company, spoken to the dealership to see how much of an extra discount they could offer on a new car and then bought a new one and waited for the cheque.

At the least, if the dealership feels badly, they have about 13% in an optioned car plus a holdback. If they handed that to the insured, combined with the insurance payout, I think he'd almost be in a new car. That would be my angle in negotiating, not getting lawyered up and gunning for "punitive damages", something he'll never get.

They have to feel bad about things if they are at fault.

Old 03-13-2017, 01:42 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JonnyC

My destroyed 2013 C4S nearly killed me for the last time over the 2016 Christmas holiday. The fire started in the engine compartment, only a few miles and a few minutes after the dealer did the 10k mi. service, which included an oil change, new filter and O-ring, and switched over to winter wheel set. This could have killed me and many others on the road. Forensic inspections of the burned out shell of a car revealed "non-native" fibers in the engine area - which, I'm told means they left a rag in there during the 10k service. When the car was brand new, it repeatedly and dangerously stalled on the road because of the defective crank sensor and spacer problem described by me and others in the thread "My C4S Died During Morning Commute." After this fire, I asked for a new car, since, after too many near-death experiences caused by Porsche or the dealer, I just didn't think it was too much to ask. The dealer's insurance company only wants to pay their idea of the market value of the car, less a 4k "salvage" value for car that's now worth only a few hundred dollars if melted down. The dealer won't step in to make up the difference.

The Dealer in Conshohocken?

Old 03-13-2017, 01:56 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
I thought you might know those guys

ChuckJ

Old 03-13-2017, 02:01 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JonnyC
Since you asked, I did take more than one . . .

Looks like the on ramp onto 76 ....I'd love to have a crack at those guys

..In my most humble opinion, I would prefer to push my dead car from that dealership barefoot through broken glass to Doylestown or Newark DE before I'd stop there for service.

...pm me if your are interested in discussing with one of their former customers who has a Pennsylvania law license....

Old 03-13-2017, 06:09 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
I am just noticing - the car pretty much burned all the way through, but the tires look pretty much intact - how come the tires did not burn through?

Old 03-13-2017, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
I am just noticing - the car pretty much burned all the way through, but the tires look pretty much intact - how come the tires did not burn through?
Maybe if they can survive the heat on the track ....

Old 03-14-2017, 04:43 AM
rnl
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Look for the photo in a new tire ad.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.