2013 4s Plug change myself

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 08:25 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
All 4 air filters looked fine also.
26k miles on them, 2 years 3 months.
2 cabin up front, 2 engine in the rear.
I was surprised how good everything looked.
The piece of mind and experience was worth it.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:46 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Thanks for the feedback, eldertec. Are you the original owner?

ChuckJ

Last edited by ChuckJ; 03-22-2017 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:01 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Thanks for the feedback, eldertec. Are you the original owner?

ChuckJ
Yes, I got over my OCD years ago.
I also go 10k miles before oil change

Old 03-22-2017, 12:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Is the Bosch FGR5NQE04 plug the OEM plug? What's the Iridium XP spark plug of the same size, heat range?

ChuckJ
Yes, it is.

For the Iridium plug they look like they will work, but you will want to make sure that they are not too long before installing them. They must be exactly the same length and diameter. If they aren't, don't use them as it could cause issues. I'm looking at the Denso cross reference chart as a reference for this plug:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...cription=IKH22

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 03-22-2017, 12:55 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Thanks, Pelican

ChuckJ

Old 03-22-2017, 02:00 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Eldertec - do you know what size torx socket and bit you used to remove the heat shield nuts and coil pack screws? Thanks.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Eldertec - do you know what size torx socket and bit you used to remove the heat shield nuts and coil pack screws? Thanks.
Torx T30 coil
And I don't remember which small metric socket to get the heat shield bolts.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:46 PM
If you were near Baltimore, I'd love to help you!

Old 03-24-2017, 02:46 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eldertec
Torx T30 coil
And I don't remember which small metric socket to get the heat shield bolts.
Great, thanks! I am in NY, thanks for the offer!

Last edited by PorscheCrazy; 03-24-2017 at 02:53 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:22 AM
Jcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to behold
Has anyone used Iridium XP spark plugs? Results?

ChuckJ
I used them on my previous 996 model and loved them. Haven't changed the plugs in my current car yet, but when I do, I believe I will use them again.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:54 AM
Thanks, please let us know how you like them when you do.

ChuckJ

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.