993 Turbo This community is about the last air cooled twin turbocharged Porsche 911. Model year 1996 - 1997. Also inclusive in this forum is talk on the final 182 Porsche 911 Turbos built in 1997 known as the Turbo S.

She's Back - RUF 993 Turbo R!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 05:18 PM
GT-Tan is on a distinguished road
I think 993 still has the true classic porsche look

Old 02-26-2008, 05:56 PM
kmy
kmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to behold
Thanks folks for all the comments. Yeah, I can't wait to drive her. Three months ain't bad for the full rebuild, but I was counting the days!!!!

I'll keep all of you posted once I have a chance to spend some quality seat time and will definately update with pics when the truck arrives.

Cheers!
Kevin

Old 02-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Former Vendor
LARennsport will become famous soon enough
What did they do to the motor?

Old 02-27-2008, 09:07 AM
Darkclaw13 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LARennsport
I would like to know as well.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:12 AM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
What are they doing to that Corvette

Old 02-27-2008, 09:42 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Absolutely wicked, looks awesome...

Old 02-27-2008, 10:52 AM
kmy
kmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to behold
A few more of them loading the car into the truck...

Old 02-27-2008, 10:53 AM
kmy
Originally Posted by LARennsport
Turbo R upgrade includes - ECU tuning, turbos, aux oil cooler, cams, sport cats, full service and a few other tid bits.

Kevin

Old 02-27-2008, 10:57 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
So this is their 590hp package I supposed.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:01 AM
Ag Surfer is on a distinguished road
Awesome man! I can't wait to hear a full report after you get some seat time.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:27 AM
kmy
Originally Posted by vincentdds
So this is their 590hp package I supposed.
Vince. I wish my man. Don't quote me on this, but I believe the only 993's that broke the 500hp barrier were the VIN CTR2 cars. Those had a completely different set up with custom intercoolers etc , etc.

RUF only offers one conversion for the 993 turbo, which is the turboR package. This is the one that was done to the car. Conservative RUF estimates are 500hp/500lbft, but everyone tells me it's closer to 520.

There are other tuners that can squeeze out more hp and big numbers can obviously be acheived with a 3.8 twin plug conversion, etc. but I figured my car will never be the fastest. Just wanted the reliability, pedigree of RUF and enough juice to at least run with some of the newer cars - zo6, 997tt, f430, gallardo, etc.

Kevin

Old 02-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Jealous! That is sweet!

Can you give us the rundown of what they did? I see bumpers, wheels, brakes, etc...

Old 02-27-2008, 12:03 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kmy
Vince. I wish my man. Don't quote me on this, but I believe the only 993's that broke the 500hp barrier were the VIN CTR2 cars. Those had a completely different set up with custom intercoolers etc , etc.

RUF only offers one conversion for the 993 turbo, which is the turboR package. This is the one that was done to the car. Conservative RUF estimates are 500hp/500lbft, but everyone tells me it's closer to 520.

There are other tuners that can squeeze out more hp and big numbers can obviously be acheived with a 3.8 twin plug conversion, etc. but I figured my car will never be the fastest. Just wanted the reliability, pedigree of RUF and enough juice to at least run with some of the newer cars - zo6, 997tt, f430, gallardo, etc.

Kevin

Kevin

You have done everything right to a 993TT. More importantly you had made everyone of us 993TT owners proud to own such a fine gem.

PS.Can you PM the price the Ruf brakes conversion.Thanks bud.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:04 PM
chunpng is on a distinguished road
Kevin,

Where are you in the Bay Area? I have a 993 Ruf BTR and would love to get together when your car arrives. I'm in Los Altos.

In fact, timing is unfortunate. We are driving our Rufs out to Dallas for a Ruf car gathering in 3 weeks. We will be in Austin on Friday 3-21-2008, do the Texas Hill Country Drive on Saturday 3-23-08, and hang at Ruf with other Ruf owners on Sunday, 3-23-2008. If your car is there for a few more weeks, we can drive out there together and you drive yours home after the event.

Here's a couple pics of my BTR. Enjoy

CP

Attached Images   

Last edited by chunpng; 02-27-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:17 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
i have to go clean myself up now... my god that is gorgeous.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: She's Back - RUF 993 Turbo R!!