993 Turbo This community is about the last air cooled twin turbocharged Porsche 911. Model year 1996 - 1997. Also inclusive in this forum is talk on the final 182 Porsche 911 Turbos built in 1997 known as the Turbo S.

Build is almost done. Maybe two weeks left

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 12:05 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
How you doing buddy?

Hope all is well, hows the build going?

Old 12-07-2013, 07:29 PM
carmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by mickfluff
Hope all is well, hows the build going?
Going nicely. Dyno time and minor changes here and there. They used my car for aftermarket exhaust development at Protomotive. Created production templates for a true 3" setup that anyone can order. With or without heat exchange, with or without mufflers. It looks nice. I kept the heater ditched the mufflers. It'll be pretty nasty. All is well though.

Todd an his crew have been great. They've picked up all the pieces and put the car together very nicely. They reassembled the interior. Installed all the carbon parts. Did all the electrical wiring properly. Even took the entire engine apart to check the previous work down to the level they were comfortable with.

All the hoses were upgraded to the S Car Go setup. The car is being dynotuned real time. It's gotten brakes, steering, mounts, alignment, a slew of high quality engine components and work. I'm happy. Not to leave out all the carbon fiber everywhere including the new steering wheel. I'm thinking my next round of goodies will be more fuel. All that jazz. But 60#ers and nice pumps will do for now with the Alpha 28's and a boat full of boost. She's tuned for MS109 and a street tune.

While I'm not going as far as Mike has plans for. It will have some settings in the OBC that is now in the dash with help of the new profec controller to be sure of causing a good time to occurr.

All in all she hasn't had a single mile put on her in. 3 years. So that's a good thing.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:44 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
Nice

Great to hear, post up pics once you get them! congrats on the progress....

Originally Posted by carmstrongLS1
Going nicely. Dyno time and minor changes here and there. They used my car for aftermarket exhaust development at Protomotive. Created production templates for a true 3" setup that anyone can order. With or without heat exchange, with or without mufflers. It looks nice. I kept the heater ditched the mufflers. It'll be pretty nasty. All is well though.

Todd an his crew have been great. They've picked up all the pieces and put the car together very nicely. They reassembled the interior. Installed all the carbon parts. Did all the electrical wiring properly. Even took the entire engine apart to check the previous work down to the level they were comfortable with.

All the hoses were upgraded to the S Car Go setup. The car is being dynotuned real time. It's gotten brakes, steering, mounts, alignment, a slew of high quality engine components and work. I'm happy. Not to leave out all the carbon fiber everywhere including the new steering wheel. I'm thinking my next round of goodies will be more fuel. All that jazz. But 60#ers and nice pumps will do for now with the Alpha 28's and a boat full of boost. She's tuned for MS109 and a street tune.

While I'm not going as far as Mike has plans for. It will have some settings in the OBC that is now in the dash with help of the new profec controller to be sure of causing a good time to occurr.

All in all she hasn't had a single mile put on her in. 3 years. So that's a good thing.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:32 PM
carmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of light
2WD conversion. New tires. TRG billet race drop links. New front bushings. That's the latest update go big or go home I guess. Plus the diet should be a nice change.

Old 01-20-2014, 01:14 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by carmstrongLS1
2WD conversion. New tires. TRG billet race drop links. New front bushings. That's the latest update go big or go home I guess. Plus the diet should be a nice change.
Awesome news. Keep it up Chris

Old 02-18-2014, 02:53 PM
how goes it?

is she road worthy yet?

Old 02-20-2014, 06:52 AM
Booyakka will become famous soon enoughBooyakka will become famous soon enough
OP should change the title of this thread to 'Maybe two YEARS left'....

Old 03-07-2014, 01:15 PM
OP how are you

Just checking in pal, how is the build, almost there? Hope all going OK... be well

Old 03-09-2014, 10:03 PM
MorrenCraige is on a distinguished road
Stealth minus black 996tt wheels for the wider tread. Plus the H&R cup coilovers have it sitting pretty low.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:05 PM
She's done

Finally... Done. I'm so happy with the results too. Pump gas tune is great. No kill mode dyno though. I'm gonna take it easy on her after all this.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	399375  
Old 10-22-2014, 12:44 PM
empire0007 is on a distinguished road
Mine was just finished as well. It took a very long time.