993 Last generation normally aspirated aircooled Porsche 911. Community includes the C2, C2s, C4, Targa, C4s and cabriolet discussion.

Company review: Luxsport Motor Group

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 03:52 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Company review: Luxsport Motor Group

I have been a Porsche owner since 1967 when I purchased my first 356B. During flight school in 1968 I purchased my first 911 and I have been driving Porsches ever since. I’ve now owned 16 (12 911s) over the last 48 years and worked on them extensively until recently. Though my 2012 991 is the best I’ve ever owned, I wanted to own the last air cooled 911 also so I began searching for a quality 993. After a year of looking, I found one at LuxSport Motor Group in New Hyde Park, NY with 39,000 miles that had potential. The purchase was a big investment for me, so I flew to NY to examine the car in person. LuxSport Motor Group leases a large portion of a very large, super clean, climate controlled warehouse filled with racecars, Ferarri’s, Porsches and numerous other exotics about 30 minutes from La Guardia airport. I found LuxSport Motor Group’s owner a very personably, laid back executive. He has an office in the front of the warehouse and he tells me his organization sells about 300 air-cooled Porsches per year. The car had documentation of a 30,000-mile check five years ago. Though the car had a PPI, I took my paint, electrical and brake fluid tools to supplement the assessment. The PPI had identified a few shortcomings including a seeping chain cover seal and we put it on the lift to look at it. Lance had given me a bottom line price before I traveled, but agreed to fix the seeping cover without question. Both cars I looked at on the website had minor scratches (one each car), which did not show up on the website pictures. LuxSport’s policy is to not touch up the paint in an effort to keep each car’s originality. According to the car’s documentation, the brake fluid had not been changed since the 30,000-mile inspection five years ago, and showed 2% water absorption. That will need a flush. After driving that and another 993, I bought the car. On balance, I found the car accurately described, the organization professional, and Lance knowledgeable and easy to work with. After driving the cars, the paperwork took less than 30 minutes. There are several locations to get PPIs and they flatbed the car there and back to get it done. Legend Porsche is 15 miles ((516) 798-8100 ($450 plus transportation)) and an independent shop, Import Autohaus is 18 miles ((631) 549-9608 ($400 plus transportation)) are two examples. Import Autohaus did the one on mine. Lance tells me that 80% of his customers buy without visiting the facility, but I would recommend it with any purchase of this magnitude. Finally, I had arranged for a closed truck but Lance provided a wholesale price so I used his. The car arrived in eight days with minor damage, including a broken seat switch (most likely caused by the transport company) and yet Lance agreed to cover the cost of repair. This was a very satisfying experience and I thank Lance and his staff for a smooth and effortless purchase!

ChuckJ

Old 05-02-2015, 05:17 PM
RCNJ is on a distinguished road
Thats great news. I live in Jersey and have been considering taking a ride to their facility to see the inventory. I too am looking for a 993.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:31 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RCNJ
Thats great news. I live in Jersey and have been considering taking a ride to their facility to see the inventory. I too am looking for a 993.
Good luck with your search. It's not the panacea, but certainly a good opportunity and they do have a lot of inventory turnover and they are willing to put it on the lift which I recommend).

ChuckJ