996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lap Times Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Tom

This was at one of our track days, So i didnt have a transponder., Just someone in the tower taking manual times.

I will see what I can do in getting you some data.

Old 12-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by powerstar
i did the nordschleife in 8min 01s
Great time man! We should meet sometime at the Ring.

I've done couple 8.00's but watching the clock is NOT recommended there, so dangerous because of slow cars etc. (I hate the publicity the Ring has got during these years...tourists would you please stay away! )

According the PBOX data I got, with the same crappy driving 7.50 is possible just without traffic. Add some better driving to that and it's a Good =)

Old 12-07-2007, 04:38 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Track: Brainerd International Raceway
Layout: regular
Date: Like 9 years ago
Car: 1989 Porsche 944S2
Tires: Yokohama A008P (Street tires)
Modifications: Lowering springs on factory Konis, agressive camber setting, Porterfield Pads, otherwise stock
Time: 1:59

Old 12-07-2007, 08:10 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
updated with some times I've scrounged up for the time being. I'll add the other tracks as people submite times.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:17 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
My father Luis02GT2 had this run as well:

Track: Brainerd International Raceway
Layout: regular
Date: this season (he and Marty can confirm the dates)
Car: 02 Porsche GT2
Tires: Hoosiers
Modifications: Fabspeed muffler, otherwise stock
Time: 1:51

Old 12-08-2007, 05:34 AM
powerstar is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kaizu
Great time man! We should meet sometime at the Ring.

I've done couple 8.00's but watching the clock is NOT recommended there, so dangerous because of slow cars etc. (I hate the publicity the Ring has got during these years...tourists would you please stay away! )

According the PBOX data I got, with the same crappy driving 7.50 is possible just without traffic. Add some better driving to that and it's a Good =)

i hate those "tourists" on the ring too. i've nerver done the nordschleife without any annoying traffic.
have you ever been to "anneau du rhin" near colmar? it's the bugatti test track and realy nice to drive there

Old 12-08-2007, 07:18 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I concur with Luis Jr.
Luis Sr. is the FASTEST street driven car at Brainerd in the Porsche Club currently.
I am usually about .5 to 1 second slower. Steve Beddor is the only car that would
beat him/us easily in his RUF CTR2 Sport, but he could beat ANYBODY on this board.
He has run a mid to low 1:40's at Brainerd but no longer does the local P-club events.

I will look up Luis SR. and my ACTUAL published times.

Last edited by WOODTSTER; 12-08-2007 at 07:19 AM. Reason: to look up actual times
Old 12-09-2007, 07:54 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
I concur with Luis Jr.
Luis Sr. is the FASTEST street driven car at Brainerd in the Porsche Club currently.
I am usually about .5 to 1 second slower. Steve Beddor is the only car that would
beat him/us easily in his RUF CTR2 Sport, but he could beat ANYBODY on this board.
He has run a mid to low 1:40's at Brainerd but no longer does the local P-club events.

Sorry, you're wrong about that.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:04 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Sorry, you're wrong about that.
Leave it alone Connor. This is about lap times. Only.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
I concur with Luis Jr.

( FYI I have to back MiniDHinkle on this one )

Not start the bench racing session.

But thats an AWEFULLY bold statement considering the company one finds himself when posting on this board.

This is a obviously a topic that will most likely go on for pages yet never ultimatley get resolved.

While Steve may be very fast in his Ruf CTRTurbo .. I am willing to go out on a limb and say that there are plenty of drivers that equal his time if not trump it in equal the car.

Any driver who has done any kind of competitive driving knows that there is always someone faster.

(Not to say that Steve isnt a nice and a fast guy. I personally admire his collection of Sport Quattro's)

Let's refrain from the "is faster than anyone" statements and stick to the topic at hand - Just posting lap times.

Otherwise that might start a whole new topic/event of a 6speed track shoot out Which will require to bring there cars and there talent
(Yup I am instigating the ground work for an event like this LOLOL)

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 12-09-2007 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Not start the bench racing session here.

But thats an AWEFULLY bold statement considering the company one finds himself when posting on this board.

This is a obviously a topic that will most likely go on for pages yet never ultimetly get resolved.

While Steve may be very fast in his Ruf CTRTurbo .. I am willing to go out on a limb and say that there are plenty of drivers that equal his time if not trump it in equal the car.

Any driver who has done any kind of competitive driving knows that there is always someone faster out there.

(Not to say that Steve isnt a nice and a fast guy. I admire his collection of Sport Quattro's)

Let refrain from the "is faster than anyone" statements and stick to the topic at hand - Just posting lap times.

+1

I thought it was bit bold myself, but I dont want this to turn into a slug fest.
This is for cross referencing, and knowing who to contact when you are visiting a new track.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:00 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
( FYI I have to back MiniDHinkle on this one )

Any driver who has done any kind of competitive driving knows that there is always someone faster.

Otherwise that might start a whole new topic/event of a 6speed track shoot out Which will require to bring there cars and there talent
(Yup I am instigating the ground work for an event like this LOLOL)
I am curious... who on this board do you think is faster than Steve Beddor??? Could your drivers beat him, especially in a hill climb event??? I wasn't aware that Jeff Zwart was on this board.

The problem with your idea of a track "shootout" event is that it's asinine and simply a dick measuring contest with little reward. Winning a "track event" is only limited to one's pocketbook. For example, all one would need to do is bring one of the Alzen 996 Turbo cars or even a stock GT3 RSR and have Patrick Long or Mika Salo drive it. All it proved is that ALMS drivers are faster than pretty much anyone on 6Speed, even in a slower car. Doesn't take much to figure that out.... There are some members (just a few) with enough financial resources to bring a whole LeMans-winning support crew with drivers. How are you going to beat those guys unless they beat themselves?

Old 12-10-2007, 04:02 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
There are arguments for both sides...

I'm kinda of the opinion that if we don't allow true race cars, we need a statement specifying that we don't and why. Personally I don't want to see GT3 Cupcar times up there, but that's just me...

You forgot another great race complex, Summit Point Raceway Park!

Oh and MacGT3 ran 2.04 at VIR last weekend.
Mike

Old 12-10-2007, 05:38 AM
Originally Posted by Mikelly
There are arguments for both sides...

I'm kinda of the opinion that if we don't allow true race cars, we need a statement specifying that we don't and why. Personally I don't want to see GT3 Cupcar times up there, but that's just me...

You forgot another great race complex, Summit Point Raceway Park!

Oh and MacGT3 ran 2.04 at VIR last weekend.
Mike

I didnt know if they were members here or not (the guys from VIR).

Yeah I thought the same thing about the cup cars, but then we'd have to eliminate some of the older model race cars which guys like DHinkle are making some awesome times in, and I wanted to include those because they dont have a considerable advantage.

I guess we can eliminate 996 and higher cup cars, RSR's and anything that doesnt resemble a street car.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:42 AM
Originally Posted by Hamann7
I am curious... who on this board do you think is faster than Steve Beddor??? Could your drivers beat him, especially in a hill climb event??? I wasn't aware that Jeff Zwart was on this board.

The problem with your idea of a track "shootout" event is that it's asinine and simply a dick measuring contest with little reward. Winning a "track event" is only limited to one's pocketbook. For example, all one would need to do is bring one of the Alzen 996 Turbo cars or even a stock GT3 RSR and have Patrick Long or Mika Salo drive it. All it proved is that ALMS drivers are faster than pretty much anyone on 6Speed, even in a slower car. Doesn't take much to figure that out.... There are some members (just a few) with enough financial resources to bring a whole LeMans-winning support crew with drivers. How are you going to beat those guys unless they beat themselves?

We have been talking about having a shootout for some time now, it's not all about who's fastest, but more of a community gathering. And of course we'd make rules to leep it from becoming the fastest PCA group, though if we did classes it would even the playing field. I'm still in favor of a shootout, but we arent dumb enough to say "run whatcha brung" against everyone there, it woud most likely be all race cars, and then a street car class (full interior, ETC)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lap Times Thread