996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Added New Carbon Fiber Door Sills - at least 500hp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Added New Carbon Fiber Door Sills - at least 500hp

I got these new Downforce Carbon Fiber door sills for my car so installed them. Popped off the "Turbo" ones and these fit in place. Real carbon fiber, lightweight, and they must add at least 500 ponies Anyways, they were a sample to show off. I dig it!

Product info and more pics here -
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/d...5-p-45588.html

Old 02-05-2008, 04:06 PM
ActionJaxon is on a distinguished road
Damn 500hp is alot. Smart buy!

...and they look good!

Old 02-05-2008, 06:23 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Can you get them with "Turbo" logo?

How is the fit and finish of them?

Old 02-05-2008, 07:16 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Downforce did excellent CF work on my previous NSX i'd expect nothing less. Can't wait to see more!

Old 02-05-2008, 07:37 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I can feel the speed from all the way from here in OC.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:09 PM
gt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the rough
500hp for how much? Looks good, but Dan time to get some seats!

All that power, you need some light weight racing seats!

Old 02-05-2008, 08:22 PM
unique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud of
nice.. looks amazing

Old 02-05-2008, 08:29 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by gt2buyer
500hp for how much? Looks good, but Dan time to get some seats!

All that power, you need some light weight racing seats!
That's exactly what i was thinking. Dan hook me up with a pair of these! The extra 500 hp will go nice with the new turbos!

Old 02-05-2008, 08:33 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ssmugen
Downforce did excellent CF work on my previous NSX i'd expect nothing less. Can't wait to see more!
Have to agree with this statement.A liitle off topic but I made a prototype sideskirt for the NSX and they ran with it(with my permission) !
Customers who bought the sideskirts all agreed that the fitment was amazing,right out of the box,so I would expect the same for any other parts they build.
From the sounds of it they have hooked themselves up good with Vivid Racing,good for the both of them !
Wish Peter and the rest of the downforce crew all the best !

Stacy

Old 02-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Make sure you get some bumper plugs...worth another 50HP

Old 02-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Small Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to all
Is that 500 per side?

Old 02-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
oh snap... your saying I have 1000hp! Wowzers.

Downforce makes awesome NSX parts. Do a good search on Downforce carbon. The fit and finish is beautiful. No sanding, bowed edges, just double tape and go. Coming from the JDM world, I see alot of carbon parts, these are definitely good.

They dont come with the Turbo logo, however, Vivid Racing has a 24" sticker plotter and if you want, I can cut the word Turbo like on the OEM ones in any color and send with them.

On to the seats comment. When I had my 996C2 I had the GT3 seats. They are cool for racing, but for driving all the time, I hated it. Plus from way to much snowboarding, skating, and now dirt bikes, I have old man back. I like my bus seats alot heated, electric, and have memory which I have never used once in my life. Maybe I will hit Status up for a pair of leather Laguana FIA approved seats to take to TX2K8