Well, the plan for me was to lay off the event coordination thing until TX2K8, but after getting numerous emails/PM's/phone calls asking for one more before March, I've decided to do ONE LAST event before TX2K8.
What: 60 to 130 event
When: Saturday February 2, 2008 - gates open at 11:30, track hot 12-4
How Much: same as always, $50 to race and $10 to spectate
Caravan Information: meet at the Conoco gas station at I-10 and Eldridge Parkway at 10:30 a.m. to caravan out to Lonestar.
Just to recap the results from the last two events:
Bob Helms Supra - 88mm turbo, 30 psi, no NOS, TH400, ET Drags - 4.15
(he had another 4.18 and a few 4.4's)
Peter Blach Supra - 78mm turbo, 32 psi, no NOS, 6-speed, Drag Radials - 4.72
(I originally could not down load my fastest run, I got home and went through the files on the memory card and was able to capture my run that didn't DL to my computer during the day.). I think the car has a 4.2-4.4 in it at full boost on a good day, but that remains to be seen.
Jeff Williams - 1999 Camaro (408 ci s/c) - 5.7
- sadly we did not pull the data from his runs as he was improving throughout the day and his clutch let go before we were able to pull the data. VERY FAST car...
Sean Reed - 996 GT2 - 600+rwhp - 6-speed - 6.69
(Sean's other run that was lost during the event was recovered and was a 6.71. I was able to go through all the dbn files on the VBOX at home and was able to DL it, it too was sent to Scott for verification.)
Garrett Oliphant - C5 Z06 - Stroker + S/C - 6.8
- Garrett ran a 5.9 at TX2K7 and the ONLY run he put the VBOX in his car in, he spun and had to peddle it several times (I witnessed this) and the next pass he didn't put the VBOX in his car, I guarantee you it was a 5.xx. In any event, no official time was downloaded to the computer.
Anthony Waller - 2001 996 TT (670 HP) - automatic - 6.8
- again, the darn VBOX messed up during the transfer from the unit to the computer and therefore I was not able to capture all the detail of the run, I did however see his time displayed and it was in fact a 6.8
Eugene Lou (eclou) - 2007 997TT - 6-speed - 7.73
- very impressive street car, great driving, glad you came out Jean!!!!
Paul Sydness - 2004 Suburu STi - 6-speed - 8.02
- GREAT time considering he had to go through 3rd, 4th and 5th gear! Great guy, impressive car (ran 180 mph at the TX Mile) and I look forward to seeing him and his friends at our events more often!
Nick Shootridge - 2003 Mustang COBRA - 6-speed - 8.3
- thanks for coming out Nick! We did not download his data unfortunately...
Randy McWilliams - 2002 ZO6 - 6-speed - 9.0
- too bad you couldn't get the NOS working Randy, your car would been a sub-8seconder... See you next time!
Cliff McWilliams - 2008 GT500 Shelby Cobra - 6-speed - 10.2
- Cliff, you gave us some good scares today! Glad all worked out and your car ran so well! Hope to see you next time...
Mark Campbell - 2006 C6 - 6-speed - 11.53
- great job today Mark, get that gearing issue fixed and you will be sub 11's all day long!
Doug Hirsch - 2007 997TT - stock 6-speed - 12.2
- thanks for coming out Doug! Your car was beautiful, hope to see you next time as well...
Other notables include Jack Salvaggio who had a beautiful 06 Z06...this would have a been a 5.xx car but his tires were wayyyyyyyyyyyy to worn out to hook anything. Get some new tires Jack and come back out next time. We also had Tiago Salles in an amazing TT T/A that made over 1,000 rwhp. Imagine trying to hook 1,000+ rwhp on 18 inch drag radials! It does NOT work as was evidenced by his LANE CHANGING maneuver!
The best I have on record for Tiago today was 7.2
. And last but not least the "hard core racer/warrior/battleman" award goes to Bryan Powell who drove his beautiful 2007 M Roadster down the track about 100 times trying to get to 130 and was soooo close at 128.4, but there just wasn't enough room to safely hit 130.
Sebastian Robles Supra - 5.50
Duy Bui Supra - 5.68
Matt Powell C5 Vette with big motor and NOS - 5.98
Tai Nguyen - 6.29
Ashik Supra - 7.0
Gene Lou 997TT - 8.0
Ryan Alcorn 996TT - 9.33
Todd Ferguson 06 ZO6 - 9.5
Jeremy Noack 383 ci C5 - 9.8
Sean Reed 04 M3 S/C - 9.89
Jim Boeker 05 Viper SRT10 S/C - 10.00
Darrin Chippi C6 Vetter - 11.67
Scott Merovitch 06 Viper - 11.68
Mark Campbell - C6 Vette - 12.0
Wayne Beck 04 Viper - 12.1
V Petor 06 Ford GT - 4.8 (60 to 100, ran without the VBOX for fun the rest of the day)
Roveen Abank Lamborghini Gallardo - 5.50 (60 to 100, couldn't get to 130)
C. R. Bergstrom 07 Bentley Continental GT - 5.50 (60 to 100, couldn't get to 130)
Bob Helms 06 CLS55 AMG - 6.0 (60 to 100, couldn't get to 130)
Frank Piper 06 C6 - 6.1 (60 to 100, couldn't get to 130)
Sean Mertovitch 02 Mustang GT - 6.8 (60 to 100, couldn't get to 130)
THANKS AND I HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS THERE!!!!