996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Wheel Opinion?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 11:40 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Wheel Opinion?!

I am looking to purchase a set of wheels in the next week or so for my 996tt..... I can't decide if I want to go with a regular deep dish (4.5 lip) or a stepped lip. Either way I am going with a mesh design in the centers. If I do a single dish im going with a Mesh 8. If I go with a stepped lip im going with a Mesh 10.

Opinions Please!

Thanks

Old 05-20-2009, 11:58 AM
albuht813 is on a distinguished road
my personal preference...the mesh looks best with stepped lips. old school does it best.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LiNks
I am looking to purchase a set of wheels in the next week or so for my 996tt..... I can't decide if I want to go with a regular deep dish (4.5 lip) or a stepped lip. Either way I am going with a mesh design in the centers. If I do a single dish im going with a Mesh 8. If I go with a stepped lip im going with a Mesh 10.

Opinions Please!

Thanks
Links,

The reverse lip (single as you call it) is what I prefer for the turbo. I had a set of LM's 19" step lip with a relatively small rear lip and I wanted more (which is why I sold it). One thing to keep in mind is that if you get a step lip, the face of the wheel will be smaller, making the "look" a little more squished. For example

19" DPE S20 - Reverse lip

19" DPE S20 - step

Here is a shot of the LM's on my car

Here's a shot of my Mesh8's on my turbo

Edwin

Old 05-20-2009, 01:07 PM
rolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to behold
Bbs lm

BBS LM is my all time favorite rim-it's on many of the P race cars

Old 05-20-2009, 10:45 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Edwin.... I think the stepped lip makes the car look tougher... How big was your lip on the LM's those things look awesome on your turbo.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:37 AM
SWO Daddy has a spectacular aura aboutSWO Daddy has a spectacular aura aboutSWO Daddy has a spectacular aura about
I prefer the stepped lip.