996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

is it Normal ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 05:41 PM
CayenneOFDeatH has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneOFDeatH has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneOFDeatH has a spectacular aura about
is it Normal ??

Heey Guys i just bought a 2002 996 turbo guards red < i thought it was orange > so the problem is there is that noisy sound that come from the engine when i start accelerate ... so i went 2 the dealer they said its cuz of the tenshenr or sumthing that need 2 be changed both of them they replaced them and yet the sound still there they told me its normal but my frnds 996 turbos doent sound like that at alll >>>>>>>

whts wrong ????

Old 04-19-2008, 05:51 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Does it have a light weight flywheel? It sounds like gear noise when you accelerate.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:43 PM
torresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond repute
It is because it is gaurds red J/K.
I have a rattle that comes from the glove box area when I accelerate gently at lower rpm's. I can't figure it out but the engine sounds fantastic. I find it funny that the dealer tells you they know why the noise occurs then after they "fix" it and it doesn't go away, they say it is normal.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:20 AM
CayenneOFDeatH has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneOFDeatH has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneOFDeatH has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
Does it have a light weight flywheel? It sounds like gear noise when you accelerate.

i dnt knw

Old 04-20-2008, 04:22 AM
Originally Posted by torresmd
It is because it is gaurds red J/K.
I have a rattle that comes from the glove box area when I accelerate gently at lower rpm's. I can't figure it out but the engine sounds fantastic. I find it funny that the dealer tells you they know why the noise occurs then after they "fix" it and it doesn't go away, they say it is normal.

LoooooooooooooooL Maybe ;P