Go Back   6speedonline.com Forums > Porsche (Present) > 996 Turbo / GT2
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
Sponsored By Vivid Racing

How to resynchronize key remote???

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 07:55 PM

g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold
Question How to resynchronize key remote???

I've searched and searched, but I can't find the procedure for resynchronizing the keyless entry remote to the car... I just picked up a new (to me) 2002 996TT and can't get the remote to work. The battery is fresh (checked with volt meter) and the remote's light lights up. I'm aware of the 5 day security feature, but can't seem to wake the darned thing up

Anyone...what is the procedure for resynchronizing the remote to the car? (And I don't have the manual...) HELP!!!!! Thanks
Old 11-07-2008, 08:14 PM

WARDHOG will become famous soon enough
Try pressing the key icon for 10 seconds on the left of the seat on the door entrance rail while the key is in the ignition and in the "On" position. Make sure you already have at least one memory filled out of the two. That may help out.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:15 PM

josh@iautohaus is a jewel in the roughjosh@iautohaus is a jewel in the roughjosh@iautohaus is a jewel in the rough
There is something wrong with the remote or the car. The key remotes do not go out of sync. The key remotes when they are new are programmed to the car using the number that comes from the key remote and the last seven of the imobilizer code which is the key learning code. If the battery goes dead than you just replace it and it works again no sync needed. Is this your second key or you primary? Did this key work before? Try to see if the trunk open feature on the remote works. If it does than its the remote.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:25 PM

g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by WARDHOG View Post
Try pressing the key icon for 10 seconds on the left of the seat on the door entrance rail while the key is in the ignition and in the "On" position. Make sure you already have at least one memory filled out of the two. That may help out.

Good try, but no go Thanks though!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh@iautohaus View Post
There is something wrong with the remote or the car. The key remotes do not go out of sync. The key remotes when they are new are programmed to the car using the number that comes from the key remote and the last seven of the imobilizer code which is the key learning code. If the battery goes dead than you just replace it and it works again no sync needed. Is this your second key or you primary? Did this key work before? Try to see if the trunk open feature on the remote works. If it does than its the remote.
This is my only key... The trunk open feature on the remote doesn't work either
Old 11-07-2008, 08:27 PM

BlackHorseTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHorseTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHorseTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHorseTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHorseTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHorseTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHorseTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHorseTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHorseTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHorseTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHorseTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
I had to take mine to Porsche. It cost 80 bucks or so. I can't imagine there is a way you can do it on your own.
https://www.facebook.com/blackhorseturbo
Old 11-07-2008, 08:33 PM

Technological will become famous soon enough
The keyheads fail after several years. We replace them on a weekly basis for customers. It does have to be a dealer replaced item however. Or a shop with a Porsche tester, and the key learn code.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technological View Post
The keyheads fail after several years. We replace them on a weekly basis for customers. It does have to be a dealer replaced item however. Or a shop with a Porsche tester, and the key learn code.
That's probably what's happened to mine...it is a 2002. Nothing lasts forever, so I guess it's off to the dealer unless I find a good indie shop. Thanks for the input
Old 11-08-2008, 08:41 AM

TXGold has a reputation beyond reputeTXGold has a reputation beyond reputeTXGold has a reputation beyond reputeTXGold has a reputation beyond reputeTXGold has a reputation beyond reputeTXGold has a reputation beyond reputeTXGold has a reputation beyond reputeTXGold has a reputation beyond reputeTXGold has a reputation beyond reputeTXGold has a reputation beyond reputeTXGold has a reputation beyond repute
Is there any way to get a key learn code not issued with the original key and use it on a used key? I'm looking at spending $350 just to get my remote lock feature to work again.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:48 AM

wross996TT has a reputation beyond reputewross996TT has a reputation beyond reputewross996TT has a reputation beyond reputewross996TT has a reputation beyond reputewross996TT has a reputation beyond reputewross996TT has a reputation beyond reputewross996TT has a reputation beyond reputewross996TT has a reputation beyond reputewross996TT has a reputation beyond reputewross996TT has a reputation beyond reputewross996TT has a reputation beyond repute
You can try re-setting the key FOB (restart the microprocessor), but most likely you will need access to a PST2 or PIWIS to do a full re-set.

If the remote control does not function after replacing the battery, the processor could have stopped. If this is the case, the LED of the remote control either does not light when the button is pressed or it lights continuously, i.e., longer than length of time the button is pressed. The processor must be restarted. In this case, proceed as is described under Step 2.
Restarting the processor.
2.1 Remove battery as described under Step 1.2.
2.2 Inserting battery briefly with polarity reversed.
2.2.1 After a waiting time of at least 10 seconds, slide battery with the polarity of the battery
reversed (positive terminal downwards) under the tab (Figure 1, arrow 2).
2.2.2 Clip battery downward into the holder.
2.2.3 After a waiting time of approx. 3 seconds, remove this incorrectly polarized battery again.
2.3 Install battery normally
Fight On!
Old 11-08-2008, 08:54 AM

BlackHorseTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHorseTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHorseTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHorseTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHorseTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHorseTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHorseTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHorseTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHorseTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHorseTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHorseTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXGold View Post
Is there any way to get a key learn code not issued with the original key and use it on a used key? I'm looking at spending $350 just to get my remote lock feature to work again.
You must use the key code that came with the key. Yes, for the key and programing, you're looking at $325.
https://www.facebook.com/blackhorseturbo
Old 11-08-2008, 06:23 PM

josh@iautohaus is a jewel in the roughjosh@iautohaus is a jewel in the roughjosh@iautohaus is a jewel in the rough
Ouch $325 we don't charge for prog at my shop. To bad your in Florida ha. You need to find an independent that has a porsche tester. It really only takes ten min to prog a key.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:17 PM

PeterK will become famous soon enough
As others said, the only way to "mate" a key to the car is by having access to the porsche shop software. Even a durametric setup won't help you.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:17 PM

Tags
2000, 911, 996, car, code, ignition, key, keyless, learning, left, porsche, programing, remote, resynchronization, resynchronize, syncing, work