996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

OEM Front Lip

Old 04-03-2009, 12:51 AM
beckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the rough
Question OEM Front Lip

As I just picked up my 03 TT yesterday, the car overall condition is fairly decent for a 03. However, I do know that the front lip (the black plastic piece) is quite scratched up.

Is this piece easy to replace? And any recommendation of websites to purchase this replacement?

Old 04-03-2009, 12:55 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Very easy. 2 screws and a few "snaps". You can fit the stock TT lip, 996 C4s Lip, factory aero lip, and many aftrmarket lips.

I really like the the RoTec CF lip.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:00 AM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
What color is the car? I may be throwing one away.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:17 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Suncoast may have a great price on it.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:24 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I bought mine from suncoast, car looks much better without beat up lip
which is a natural happening to everyday type driving.

MK

Old 04-03-2009, 08:32 AM
dublinoh will become famous soon enoughdublinoh will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
I bought mine from suncoast, car looks much better without beat up lip
which is a natural happening to everyday type driving.

MK
Agree, just replaced mine also, bought at Suncoast. Remove two screws at the front of the wheel wells and end of lip, then it pulls/snaps off to the front. Be prepared for a bit of a wrestling match to get it on...but its not too hard. And it does look great not scratched up.

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me...=996ttaerokits

Last edited by dublinoh; 04-03-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
The man who invents a ruberized knock-off of the stock lip that is sold for around $100 will make a KILLING!!

Old 04-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
The black replacement lip that either is or looks like the FVD design....is only $157 at Sunset Porsche in Oregon...I've gone thru two of them after they get scuffed up too much. They aren't as wide as the OEM aero lip that I originally had on there, but they look decent. Poreshe wanted almost $800 for the aero lip, which I would have had to paint to match...and it only lasted me about a month.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Do you have a part number? Sunset doesn't seem to know about that part. Unless you are talking about a GT2 part which is similarly priced but is not interchangeable?

Do you have a picture or part number by chance?

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
The black replacement lip that either is or looks like the FVD design....is only $157 at Sunset Porsche in Oregon...I've gone thru two of them after they get scuffed up too much. They aren't as wide as the OEM aero lip that I originally had on there, but they look decent. Poreshe wanted almost $800 for the aero lip, which I would have had to paint to match...and it only lasted me about a month.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:20 AM
beckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Ken
What color is the car? I may be throwing one away.
Color is grey, but don't think this piece is body-colored anyway. Let me know if you do plan to throw yours away. Obviously, I will buy this from you.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by ari
Do you have a part number? Sunset doesn't seem to know about that part. Unless you are talking about a GT2 part which is similarly priced but is not interchangeable?

Do you have a picture or part number by chance?
+1. Replace front lip is at $276 right now at Suncoast. If the exact same piece is $150 over at Oregon, then it becomes a no brainer.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
I'd better clarify my last post before I get cyber-lynched. The replacement front lip comes in two styles....it's made out of the black poly-urethane type material and has "made in Germany" stamped on it, but no other identifying brand name.

It comes in two styles...one is the look alike for the factory aero lip with the two rectangular holes in each side on the front (air inlet for brakes?) and the other is the C4S style one that doesn't have the air inlets but is raised in the center portion for better clearance.

Both are available in the following part number and corresponding prices at Sunset Porsche in Oregon....I know because I just called them before I got flamed.

C4S style...#996 505 555 0201C sells for $125
996 Turbo style #996 505 355 0001C sells for $247.20

Sunset's shipping is around $30 because the part is so long and curves around and requires a special box.

Both of these will fit on the 996 turbo...I had Jeff Clark...the Porsche parts guy I always deal through...who knows his stuff....I had him actually pull them and compare them side by side. I may go to the C4S style next time around because the concrete parking lot stops are killing me. My depth perception isn't what it used to be. That raised center portion is much more forgiving ....but since I have the factory aero rear spoiler...I dont' know what the difference in configuration might do to the aerodynamics of the car at high speeds.

I mis spoke myself when I said that the turbo style (looks more like the factory aero one, but isn't as wide)...was $157. I must have pulled that number out of my a$$ somewhere.

Hope this helps you....happy hunting.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Group buy anyone?? I bet we could get 10-20 orders together. Might be a good time to get some spares.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Just another option for you all...

We carry these (made in fiberglass)

We also carry the OEM aerokit front lip

Edwin

Old 04-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
I mis spoke myself when I said that the turbo style (looks more like the factory aero one, but isn't as wide)...was $157. I must have pulled that number out of my a$$ somewhere.

Hope this helps you....happy hunting.
Hey Chuck,

I don't know why you are thinking about getting a flame suit man, your post has been great help to me. I am indeed contemplating between turbo or CS4 OEM lip...the turbo lip will soon become a $300 monthly payment when I keep scratching it. The C4S one doesn't look as aggressive or not as stick out...oh well, tough choice.

Hey all,

Let me check around to see if we can get a group buy going.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OEM Front Lip