996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

IPorsche kit installed....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 06:16 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
IPorsche kit installed....

Just completed the installation of the iPorsche kit from Cody. The only modification I had to do is the installation of a switch to keep the CD changer in working condition. So now with that switch, located in the bottom of the lower compartment of the console, I can select either the ipod or the CD changer. Of course the car is now heavier because of the extra wires and that big switch The Ipod connection is in the armrest and the fuse under the hashtray....Thanks Cody for the great kit and the instruction.
http://www.austinpe.com/install.html

Attached Images     
Old 05-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Zlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant future
I like it, it's simple and looks like it's pretty seamless.

One thing i would have suggested while you were down there...how come you didn't just install a carputer setup?

You'd have a nice screen there any everything..

Old 05-09-2009, 07:23 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zlatko
I like it, it's simple and looks like it's pretty seamless.

One thing i would have suggested while you were down there...how come you didn't just install a carputer setup?

You'd have a nice screen there any everything..
It is just a question of budget.... Retired and lost my part time job ... Thanks for the replied Zlatko, may be one day...

Old 05-09-2009, 07:37 PM
blackonblacktt will become famous soon enoughblackonblacktt will become famous soon enough
I got the same kit and have been very satisfied with it, keep in mind it only works with the 12V charging ipods not the newer 5 volt. This means you shouldn't run out and get the newest ipod because it wont work. This kit has been great for me but I opted to put it in the console below the A/C so I can change the ipod on the fly. (something you may want to consider)

Old 05-09-2009, 07:52 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Was that not an iPhone in the pics for the install? IMO something like this is going to be a must for me if it will work with my iPhone! I haven't used a CD in years - literally. Price is right that's for sure. No control via the headunit, correct - all via the iPod itself?

Old 05-09-2009, 07:53 PM
papadukes8 is an unknown quantity at this point
very cool.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by blackonblacktt
I got the same kit and have been very satisfied with it, keep in mind it only works with the 12V charging ipods not the newer 5 volt. This means you shouldn't run out and get the newest ipod because it wont work. This kit has been great for me but I opted to put it in the console below the A/C so I can change the ipod on the fly. (something you may want to consider)
oops I didn't know about the voltage of the new Ipod. Thanks for the info. I still have the second generation with 40 gigs of musics and work fine... Being in the armrest the cable is about 2 feet long and it is within reach but I will consider your option if I am not happy about my set-up....Thanks for the replied...

Old 05-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Was that not an iPhone in the pics for the install? IMO something like this is going to be a must for me if it will work with my iPhone! I haven't used a CD in years - literally. Price is right that's for sure. No control via the headunit, correct - all via the iPod itself?
I just learn from "blackonblacktt" the voltage on the news ipods are different so may be it is the case for the Iphone....
And yes there is no control over the headunit it is all via the ipod...More info on=https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...on-system.html

Old 05-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by papadukes8
very cool.
Thanks!

Old 05-09-2009, 11:36 PM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
Some kind of way to reduce the power for the new ipods?

Old 05-10-2009, 04:45 AM
blackonblacktt will become famous soon enoughblackonblacktt will become famous soon enough
I saw this device while searching for a way to get my 3G iphone to work with this kit:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS696LL/A

It looks like the reviews on it are a mixed bag, so I am not sure if it works in this instance. When I plug the iphone into my car I get the error message about it being not compatible but also there is no sound coming from the car stereo. This is opposed to some older ipod accessories which give you the error message but play fine when you switch into airplane mode.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:53 AM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Hrm, so out of the box it played but didn't charge? I have some devices pop the not designed for error but they have always still charged and played when I've told it to NOT go into airplane mode. Honestly though for this I might track down an older iPod just for the car. If this really won't work with the newer hardware and iPhone has anyone spoken to the developer about it? He designed this one, perhaps he might be willing to update it as well!

Old 05-10-2009, 05:10 AM
Out of the box it does not charge or play. I recently found an older model used ipod on this site:
http://www.tunecycle.com/

I got a really new looking/operating 8G 3rd gen ipod nano for $100 (now I can fit my audiobooks on the ipod as well)

There are some older models that are 12v charging listed here:

iPod touch 1st gen
iPod classic
iPod video
3rd Gen iPod nano
2nd Gen iPod nano
1st Gen iPod nano
iPod mini
iPod Photo
4th Gen iPod

(I have not personally tried all of these so I cannot say 100%, but these all should work fine)

Old 05-10-2009, 05:16 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I've got a new Gen4 NANO this thing works with (plays the music) but won't charge. It won't work with my new iPhone though... Just ordered the new adapter in the link above... I LOVE being able to plug in the iphone to the wife's stereo in the BMW and have it all integrated (aftermarket system) and want to be able to take only one device with me in the Porsche... The iPhone!

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 05-10-2009 at 05:34 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:35 AM
Originally Posted by Mikelly
I've got a new Gen 3 NANO this thing works with (plays the music) but won't charge. It won't work with my new iPhone though...

Mike

DOH! I just got mine in and have not tried it yet as I am out of town. Are you sure it is the 3Gen and not the new 4Gen? (just hoping your finger slipped when you typed it BTW I just emailed the guy who made the kit to see if there is any update for the 5V ipods. I will let you all know his reply.

David

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: IPorsche kit installed....