Go Back   6speedonline.com Forums > Porsche (Present) > 996 Turbo / GT2
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
Sponsored By Vivid Racing

What is the proper tipping etiquette for car transport?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 07:53 PM

altezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to behold
What is the proper tipping etiquette for car transport?

Getting my car tomorrow. How much should I tip the car transport driver?
Old 09-10-2009, 08:05 PM

Danoots is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by altezza1976 View Post
getting my car tomorrow. How much should i tip the car transport driver?
...15%
Old 09-10-2009, 09:01 PM

r_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud of
I gave my guy $50. It was his own private business and he personally delivered my car from Florida to MD in his single car enclosed trailer. It wasn't 15% but he seemed fairly content.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:40 PM

RickyN F355 will become famous soon enoughRickyN F355 will become famous soon enough
no offense but how can u tip if u really cant evaluate the performance? i wld never to think tipping a driver, and i tip more people than most!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:45 PM

legendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyN F355 View Post
no offense but how can u tip if u really cant evaluate the performance? i wld never to think tipping a driver, and i tip more people than most!
Most these guys own their own trucks and company...not sure why you should tip
Old 09-11-2009, 12:19 AM

ard has a reputation beyond reputeard has a reputation beyond reputeard has a reputation beyond reputeard has a reputation beyond reputeard has a reputation beyond reputeard has a reputation beyond reputeard has a reputation beyond reputeard has a reputation beyond reputeard has a reputation beyond reputeard has a reputation beyond reputeard has a reputation beyond repute
If the guy gave great service, did what he was supposed to, communicated with you promptly, showed up on time, was freindly and accommodating, you should consider a tip.

However a 15% tip on an $1800 move seems steep... My driver had 6 cars on his truck, I gave him $50, he seemed very appreciative. He called and told me where he was, arranged a drop point, etc.

A
Old 09-11-2009, 12:51 AM

ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoots View Post
...15%
I think we know what this guy does for a living

Old 09-11-2009, 02:58 AM

SuperleggeraGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperleggeraGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperleggeraGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperleggeraGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperleggeraGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperleggeraGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperleggeraGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperleggeraGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperleggeraGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperleggeraGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperleggeraGT3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
If the guy gave great service, did what he was supposed to, communicated with you promptly, showed up on time, was freindly and accommodating, you should consider a tip.

However a 15% tip on an $1800 move seems steep... My driver had 6 cars on his truck, I gave him $50, he seemed very appreciative. He called and told me where he was, arranged a drop point, etc.

A
That's a great advice! I usually tip between $100 to $200 if the delivery is within 1,000 miles but $300 if the delivery is coast to coast in the past and to think that's very little especially if they deliver from coast to coast. I wouldn't want to drive the new car without clear bra not to mention falling asleep behind the wheel so to give a little and in the end everyone is happy. Come on guys! We forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS on your new ride! Be sure to post video of the delivery and lots of photos! I don't know how you can sleep tonight knowing your baby will arrive tomorrow.

Last edited by SuperleggeraGT3; 09-11-2009 at 03:01 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:16 AM

altezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to behold
Hey hanks everyone for the replies. The truck shoild be here in the next few hours. I will post up some photos ASAP. Very excited.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:19 AM

SuperleggeraGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperleggeraGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperleggeraGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperleggeraGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperleggeraGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperleggeraGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperleggeraGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperleggeraGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperleggeraGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperleggeraGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperleggeraGT3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by altezza1976 View Post
Hey hanks everyone for the replies. The truck shoild be here in the next few hours. I will post up some photos ASAP. Very excited.
Great!! This is going to be the longest hour in your life.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:51 AM

WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
If they are on time, the car is as described in the report and they check in a few hours before 10%, coffee and a really good cigar if they smoke.

After working in a shipping doc for a few summers I have a great respect for the long haulers. Independent or not they all deserve something.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:51 AM

Tags
amount, car, company, delivery, driver, drivers, etiquette, guidelines, proper, single, tip, tipping, transport, transporter, transporters