996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Horn Beep With Lock/Unlock

Old 12-03-2009, 06:30 PM
z4met is a name known to allz4met is a name known to allz4met is a name known to allz4met is a name known to allz4met is a name known to allz4met is a name known to all
Horn Beep With Lock/Unlock

Hello All,

I have a 2002 Turbo and wanted to know if there is a way to get the horn to beep when locking or unlocking using the remote FOB? It's nice to "hear" the confirmation that the door has locked when walking away from the car in a parking lot.

Is there a way to wire this up to make it happen?

Thanks,
Z4MET

Old 12-03-2009, 06:39 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
have a 01 which beeps upon locking, maybe it's a glove box thing i don't have one and u do, my locking sys beeps your doesn't guess ya can't have both!!!

Old 12-03-2009, 06:51 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by z4met
hello all,

i have a 2002 turbo and wanted to know if there is a way to get the horn to beep when locking or unlocking using the remote fob? It's nice to "hear" the confirmation that the door has locked when walking away from the car in a parking lot.

Thanks,
z4met

+1

Old 12-03-2009, 07:11 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Mine does it when the front or rear hood is open.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:17 PM
soothsayer will become famous soon enough
it will do it if your glove box is left unlatched as well.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:24 PM
beckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the rough
OK...I sort of figured this out as I love to hear that "peace of mind" beep as well. After you lock your car with the remote fob, you quickly (in a second or so) pressed the lock button again and hold onto it for another second, and it will beep. As soon as you hear that lovely sound, you can release the button and walk away with a smile.

I do wish the beep happens the first time when I press lock...but mine doesn't at least as I can't speak for all cars. I have OEM alarm.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:30 PM
soothsayer will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by beckham23
OK...I sort of figured this out as I love to hear that "peace of mind" beep as well. After you lock your car with the remote fob, you quickly (in a second or so) pressed the lock button again and hold onto it for another second, and it will beep. As soon as you hear that lovely sound, you can release the button and walk away with a smile.

I do wish the beep happens the first time when I press lock...but mine doesn't at least as I can't speak for all cars. I have OEM alarm.

Beware that doing that may disarm your interior motion sensor.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:33 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
When you set your alarm and it beeps, it means something is open.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Project911 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by z4met
Hello All,

I have a 2002 Turbo and wanted to know if there is a way to get the horn to beep when locking or unlocking using the remote FOB? It's nice to "hear" the confirmation that the door has locked when walking away from the car in a parking lot.

Thanks,
Z4MET
Either your door or hood is open, maybe even your gas tank door. When my gas tank door locking mechanism failed, it horn when I arm my car.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Merlin is a glorious beacon of lightMerlin is a glorious beacon of lightMerlin is a glorious beacon of lightMerlin is a glorious beacon of lightMerlin is a glorious beacon of lightMerlin is a glorious beacon of light
I have 02 as well, and I always click it twice to hear the beep. it is locked for sure.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:05 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
The RemoteTop has a chirp function, but it has problems sometimes. I turned that function off after the window wasn't working right.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Porsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to behold
also the center console lid will cause it to beep.... holding the button down disables interior monitoring,

Old 12-04-2009, 04:19 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
AFAIK:

If there is a 'security fault' existing when the car is first locked: ie the hood, gas lid or glove box is unlatched, it will beep.

Also, when you lock once it locks and arms the interior alarm. The second lock will turn off the interior alarm AND beep the horn. (as said above)

Given these two scenarios, a beep means 'not full lock/alarm/protection.

What I do NOT know is there a configurable option for some other behavior....

A

Old 12-04-2009, 04:51 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Do not hold the button down. Just press it 2 times fast and you will hear the comforting beep. If it beeps when only pushing once then something is open.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:35 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

I also wanted the arming beep.

If you open your console lid and look at the latch, you will see a small silver piece that the lid pushes in to show that it is closed.

I took a pair of needle nose pliers and simply bent that piece so that the car thinks the lid is open.....and I get a beep upon locking.

I can easily put it back if desired.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Horn Beep With Lock/Unlock