996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Any feedback or info on Sebro rotors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 12:45 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Any feedback or info on Sebro rotors?

I am trying to figure out if Sebro rotors are any good. The Porsche ones seem to be good, but it would be good to know if any OE replacements are up to par with them. Thanks.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:00 PM
996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold
Arrow Was considering Sebro or Balo until I...

...did some research and discovered that some are China-made...

...& some are made in Germany. Since I was not certain which I would get...

...got Zimmermans (German production) instead. So far... they rock.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:50 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
why not girodisc units ? also believe Mikelly had a good post about another fairly cheap brand of rotors

Old 11-17-2010, 04:17 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
I am not looking for a rotor upgrade, just a good replacement.

It would be interesting to know who makes the Porsche OEM ones? Also where they are made? Probably Brembo or Zimmerman.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Bump for any new info on rotors?

Old 03-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
Coleman rotors

Old 03-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
Os how you been

Old 03-25-2012, 10:25 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
There are three main things you should not cheap out for your safety:

1)Tires
2)Brakes
3)Suspension.

I have cracked through half of an oem rotor. Not the brake surface, but the actual rotor. If it would have been a crap quality rotor for sure I wouldn't be here.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:52 PM
rennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to behold
To me, just stick with the well known brands:
Brembo, Zimmerman, Sebro, Ate, (in regards to any Euro car) and you'll be fine.
I do prefer the coated rotors if possible.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:26 AM
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
There are three main things you should not cheap out for your safety:

1)Tires
2)Brakes
3)Suspension.

I have cracked through half of an oem rotor. Not the brake surface, but the actual rotor. If it would have been a crap quality rotor for sure I wouldn't be here.
Good thoughts. But, I do not think Porsche makes the rotors for our cars. I believe they are sourced from another manufacturer like Brembo or zimmerman or Sebro. And personally I would not assume that anything without the porshe box is inferior based on that alone. With the people running them out there I was hoping for some feedback after some hard use. Sebro and Zimmerman have been around and I have not found much negative info on them.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:54 AM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VAGscum
Good thoughts. But, I do not think Porsche makes the rotors for our cars. I believe they are sourced from another manufacturer like Brembo or zimmerman or Sebro. And personally I would not assume that anything without the porshe box is inferior based on that alone. With the people running them out there I was hoping for some feedback after some hard use. Sebro and Zimmerman have been around and I have not found much negative info on them.
True. My business is in the service industry for manufacturers, and I can say that in order not to be in bad terms with their customers the manufacture's will change the specs slightly and they will also have different tolerance spec's -99% of the time more lenient than the customer if they decide to sell on the side(usually in my industry it is very rare). Porsche has specifications what X company has to meet requirements before Porsche buy's that product. Perhaps zimmerman rotors or Sebro rotors they sell on the side are because they did not meet Porsche specs ? ...food for though because I'm sure they are legally bind with Porsche not to sell 100% spec Porsche parts. (if porsche has good attorney's)

Old 03-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I'm lead to believe (from information on Factory Tour in Zuffenhausen a year ago) that the brakes for a 996 TT are made be Brembo as are vitually all of the Porsche car brakes.

John in Vancouver

Old 03-26-2012, 02:53 PM
nyuaznguy is on a distinguished road
Are you looking at the slotted Sebro's? I just got a set, will be putting them on and see how they hold up for track duty this summer.

I got them from a vendor on the other forum. I chose this path as it seemed a little bit more economical vs. the giro discs. I maybe wrong for all I know but I figured at $560 for fronts only vs. $1100-$1200 for the giro's, if they last half as long i'd probably be about break even any how.

btw, the one's i got where made in germany.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by nyuaznguy
Are you looking at the slotted Sebro's? I just got a set, will be putting them on and see how they hold up for track duty this summer.

I got them from a vendor on the other forum. I chose this path as it seemed a little bit more economical vs. the giro discs. I maybe wrong for all I know but I figured at $560 for fronts only vs. $1100-$1200 for the giro's, if they last half as long i'd probably be about break even any how.

btw, the one's i got where made in germany.

Best bang for the buck is the Cayenne rotors from porschepartsoem, they area sponsor on the site.

They cost $100 bucks each, they are directional/slotted. They last forever- most lasting of any rotor i have tried. Con side, they only fit 6 pots.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:02 PM
nyuaznguy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
Best bang for the buck is the Cayenne rotors from porschepartsoem, they area sponsor on the site.

They cost $100 bucks each, they are directional/slotted. They last forever- most lasting of any rotor i have tried. Con side, they only fit 6 pots.
if that's the case.. damn.. i will keep it in mind for next time for sure.

I remember the ATE rotors would fit but it seems that tirerack doesn't carry them anymore.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any feedback or info on Sebro rotors?