Go Back   6speedonline.com Forums > Porsche (Present) > 996 Turbo / GT2
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
Sponsored By Vivid Racing

Radiator removal

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 01:54 PM

deckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond repute
Radiator removal

I am replacing the drivers side radiator and hit probably a simple snag. I don't know how the old radiator is removed. I have taken everything off (bumper, wheel liner, internal air duct, detached AC condenser), but am stuck here. The radiator is attached to the housing through three holes with rubber bushings on either side. I removed the clips on the outside of the housing, but can't see how I get it out. Does anyone know the trick?

All kinds of nasty stuff in there, but of course mine is really bad because it's leaking and turning the debri to black gritty mush. If you haven't cleaned yours, you should.
Next - ???
Old 12-10-2010, 02:38 PM

GMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of light
Maybe a little late, but you remove the clips then you removethe rear portion of the bracket the radiator sits on. The you can remove the radiator.
'07 Skye Silver V8 Vantage - stock
Old 12-10-2010, 04:10 PM

ttboost has a reputation beyond reputettboost has a reputation beyond reputettboost has a reputation beyond reputettboost has a reputation beyond reputettboost has a reputation beyond reputettboost has a reputation beyond reputettboost has a reputation beyond reputettboost has a reputation beyond reputettboost has a reputation beyond reputettboost has a reputation beyond reputettboost has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, it's been a while, but as I recall, once you remove everything to get to them, they just unbolt or pop right out in their bracket?

Click here for info:
http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...html?r=1"]2005
Old 12-11-2010, 07:45 AM

deckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys. I have all weekend now to do this now. Suncoast sent me a replacement but it was damaged. A new one is coming Monday.
Next - ???
Old 12-12-2010, 07:59 PM

$manager has a reputation beyond repute$manager has a reputation beyond repute$manager has a reputation beyond repute$manager has a reputation beyond repute$manager has a reputation beyond repute$manager has a reputation beyond repute$manager has a reputation beyond repute$manager has a reputation beyond repute$manager has a reputation beyond repute$manager has a reputation beyond repute$manager has a reputation beyond repute
Go to my company website and download the shop manuals! Sticky is at top of this forum. Walks you right through the process..

Enjoy, good luck with it
Tom.
THROTTLE BODY THAT IS"
Old 12-12-2010, 07:59 PM

Tags
2003, 911, 99, 996, bracket, porche, porsche, porshe, radiator, removal, remove, removing, replacement, rr, turbo, video