996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Radiator removal

Old 12-09-2010, 01:54 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Radiator removal

I am replacing the drivers side radiator and hit probably a simple snag. I don't know how the old radiator is removed. I have taken everything off (bumper, wheel liner, internal air duct, detached AC condenser), but am stuck here. The radiator is attached to the housing through three holes with rubber bushings on either side. I removed the clips on the outside of the housing, but can't see how I get it out. Does anyone know the trick?

All kinds of nasty stuff in there, but of course mine is really bad because it's leaking and turning the debri to black gritty mush. If you haven't cleaned yours, you should.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:38 PM
GMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of light
Maybe a little late, but you remove the clips then you removethe rear portion of the bracket the radiator sits on. The you can remove the radiator.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:10 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Yeah, it's been a while, but as I recall, once you remove everything to get to them, they just unbolt or pop right out in their bracket?

Old 12-11-2010, 07:45 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Thanks guys. I have all weekend now to do this now. Suncoast sent me a replacement but it was damaged. A new one is coming Monday.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:59 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Go to my company website and download the shop manuals! Sticky is at top of this forum. Walks you right through the process..

Enjoy, good luck with it
Tom.