996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Boost Leaks- how to find them... pics inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by powderjay
Question, If I had a boost leak would my gage read accurately?? I ask because my gauge is still reading 1.2 bars but my clutch which was slipping at WOT is no longer slipping?!?
Sorry but your not making sense... most guys don't know if they have leaks.. thats why they all assume all is fine... 1.2 bar doesnt mean anything... a turbo will try to match the requested boost by working harder... even with the boost leak...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-10-2011, 01:32 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Subscribe

Old 10-10-2011, 01:43 PM
RxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud of
Damn dude, thanks for the tip my car is putting just 0.7 bar right now and before it goes to 1.1 bar must have a big leak some place. Will be ordering your kit , gracias .

Old 10-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
LOL
here is a few more... actuator leaking and the Y type check valve busted...
on and on and on...

markski

click to view

Old 10-10-2011, 02:20 PM
rmedy996 will become famous soon enough
Nice write up !!

Old 10-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Colt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really nice
Great now I have to buy more car stuff... I guess we will have to pop this one in the box with the exhaust when I place my order!

Old 10-10-2011, 02:39 PM
powderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
Originally Posted by powderjay
Question, If I had a boost leak would my gage read accurately?? I ask because my gauge is still reading 1.2 bars but my clutch which was slipping at WOT is no longer slipping?!?
Sorry but your not making sense... most guys don't know if they have leaks.. thats why they all assume all is fine... 1.2 bar doesnt mean anything... a turbo will try to match the requested boost by working harder... even with the boost leak...
Thanks. Wasn't sure how things worked back there.. Just like to go fast!!

Old 10-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Colt45ccg
Great now I have to buy more car stuff... I guess we will have to pop this one in the box with the exhaust when I place my order!
lol no problem.. Ill throw that in...

click to view

Old 10-10-2011, 02:43 PM
AlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud of
Thanks for your dedication!
Will get a test done ASAP.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Basic Sponsor
you need a decent size compressor..

click to view

Old 10-10-2011, 11:25 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Great work as usual, Mark. thank you very much for sharing.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:23 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Thumbs up

Mark! Thank you so much for sharing such detail infor with us.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:17 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
you need a decent size compressor..
Mark , When are you coming over to London. I should be going down to Kens end of the month, probably the 31st and staying down there for a few days whiles the car is put through its paces. It would be nice to meet up with you as
well. put a Face to a name. lol.

As to the leak test do you sell the full kit. Its been something I have been meaning to make for a while, but if you sell them might as well have one of yours.
cheers,
Frank.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:53 PM
bad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond repute
the engine is set so that all the valves will never be fully sealed...

it would be very helpful if you post a video showing how slowly a non-boost leak car pressure gauge should go down once you pump it up to 20 or 25 psi?

Old 10-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by bad107
the engine is set so that all the valves will never be fully sealed...

it would be very helpful if you post a video showing how slowly a non-boost leak car pressure gauge should go down once you pump it up to 20 or 25 psi?

I will... I found more leaks now that I fixed the O ring to the TB leaking...

click to view

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Boost Leaks- how to find them... pics inside