996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

6speedonline's official 1/4 Mile, 60-130, 100-150 and Standing Mile thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by layinback
You are correct sir.

Porsche isn't a drag racer or otherwise, straight line champ.

If forced, the Porsche 911 turbo can do most anything well, but

you just can't be the best at everything.

but heritage and pedigree always matter and I was consoling myself

and fellow 6 speeders with the fact that Lamborghini has neither.
I understand but in this realm I don't think anyone cares. It was somewhat of a cheap shot, no? I would say Lamborghini is forming it's place in automotive performance history right now.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:48 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
I would say Lamborghini is forming it's place in automotive performance history right now.
I would say the aftermarket is forming their place....using Lamborghini's platform...

Old 05-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Malu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to behold
Damn, I didn't see you completely re-edited your previous post. Guess I quoted you before you did all that. And I actually have a 9-5, so forgive me if I'm away for a short period of time and can't immediately respond all the time.

Originally Posted by Underground Racing
We are coming there on the best street tires possible to compete against other cars on DR's. Come out there to race on Invo's? That is a dumb question, even for the best of the nut swingers. 2nd, "showing everyone"? You mean you, the #1 nut swinger in the DP camp? I think everyone else on here doesn't give a crap about your crying.

Why don't you put a wager up and I will take the time to prove you wrong. I will have another R version together soon and will make sure I have plenty of proof, via raw video with no cuts.

Rules are simple. Car has to have Invo's and TC is fine to use. You game?

Also, post clearly what you think isn't possible. 2.58? 2.60? 2.80+?? You should have a # in your head since this is SOOO not possible. lol

These DP guys sure are butt hurt..

I think I can out 60-130 them on Invos with them running on R888's. I think our John Reed TC setup is that good.

Vbox nationals?
I figured you would back out with something on the line. We will be there on R888's.

How about it, raw video footage uncut. A 60-130 pull and 100-150 pull on invos. I will get out of the car after the pull and get a close up on every tire. Dont puss out nut swinger after all that yapping you have been doing. I think anyone here on this forum will say a raw video will be proof enough.

You game?
Kevin, I'm sorry that I can't keep track of your constant deflections. To answer your edited post, if you re-read my posts in this thread, my issue is Mullet's UGR R Package Super G on 18" R888's isn't faster than a 2004 UGR Stage 1R on 19" street tires, based on what you are saying. I feel like a broken record, because no one can answer this. Mullet can't put full power down, because he spins his 18" R888's, so the car is turned down, but still clicks off an impressive 2.67 at TI. Amazing 19" street tire Gallardo can do what Mullet can't, in a heavier car, with less potential traction. I thought Mullet has the JRR TC system too?

Regarding the bet, back out? LOL, when did I bet anything? I don't speak for Taylor, nor do I race his car, so why would I make a bet on what his car can do? I never brought up DP, until Bill made a comment that DP started the whole 100-150 thing, which I simply corrected. You are the one making claims that you can run faster on street tires, than competitor cars on R888's. I guess if you want to make a bet, you should contact the owner/driver of that car, I never brought him into this discussion.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
sigh

here is fuel for your fire Malu.......

I had a regular Vbox going and a Vbox Sport (new model, look it up as I am not answering any questions about it) and on numerous runs with both going at the same time some of the 60-130 and 100-150 times were not matching exactly. They were .02 off from each other.

ready, set, goooooooooo

here is a hint for your conclusions and variations.......................

GEARING

Old 05-15-2013, 02:36 PM
Former Vendor
Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Malu59RT
Damn, I didn't see you completely re-edited your previous post. Guess I quoted you before you did all that. And I actually have a 9-5, so forgive me if I'm away for a short period of time and can't immediately respond all the time.

Kevin, I'm sorry that I can't keep track of your constant deflections. To answer your edited post, if you re-read my posts in this thread, my issue is Mullet's UGR R Package Super G on 18" R888's isn't faster than a 2004 UGR Stage 1R on 19" street tires, based on what you are saying. I feel like a broken record, because no one can answer this. Mullet can't put full power down, because he spins his 18" R888's, so the car is turned down, but still clicks off an impressive 2.67 at TI. Amazing 19" street tire Gallardo can do what Mullet can't, in a heavier car, with less potential traction. I thought Mullet has the JRR TC system too?

Regarding the bet, back out? LOL, when did I bet anything? I don't speak for Taylor, nor do I race his car, so why would I make a bet on what his car can do? I never brought up DP, until Bill made a comment that DP started the whole 100-150 thing, which I simply corrected. You are the one making claims that you can run faster on street tires, than competitor cars on R888's. I guess if you want to make a bet, you should contact the owner/driver of that car, I never brought him into this discussion.

Nice side step. Why do you keep brining Mullets car up? Different car, Different sized turbo's, different gearing setup and a different driver with different conditions. Maybe you should have thought about what you posted when you insinuated BS on something someone accomplished, no?

So now you are thinking it IS possible to run 2.5's on Invo's, maybe? My bet is, I can prove you wrong as you have insinuated it wasn't possible on prior posts. You game? If not, keep your posts off anything Underground related, please. Thank you.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:41 PM
trustno1 is a jewel in the roughtrustno1 is a jewel in the roughtrustno1 is a jewel in the roughtrustno1 is a jewel in the rough
Malu59, you should just let it go. You are starting to sound pathetic.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:37 PM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
Malu59RT- Every UGR car has multiple different options which effect how they perform in certain tests. Gearing is one big thing. The other thing is you can take a car and run it in the 1/4 mile and pull the 60-130 times and then run that car from a roll at say 60mph-130mph and the differences could be drastic even though they are the same distance because of gear changes.

The Gallardo is very venerable with gear changes compared to a DCT car which may not make much difference because the powerband never breaks load unlike the Gallardo which does when it shifts.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:52 PM
layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
I would say the aftermarket is forming their place....using Lamborghini's platform...

These cars are THE fastest tuner cars in the history of tuner

cars!

Competition breeds excellence in any field. If Porsche is to compete

in this arena, the tuners and players are gonna have to up their game!

I think Eddie, Powell, Joetwintt and a couple others are some smart

dudes and they're def competitive.... I wouldn't underestimate them.

Methinks I might join them.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:55 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
I can't afford to hang with the big dogs...but I can surely be one of the big puppies...I'll be back soon too...

Old 05-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Malu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mullet
sigh

here is fuel for your fire Malu.......

I had a regular Vbox going and a Vbox Sport (new model, look it up as I am not answering any questions about it) and on numerous runs with both going at the same time some of the 60-130 and 100-150 times were not matching exactly. They were .02 off from each other.

ready, set, goooooooooo

GEARING
0.02 is a very negligible difference IMO Jason. There has to be a tolerance of calibration from the manufacturer.

Nice side step. Why do you keep brining Mullets car up? Different car, Different sized turbo's, different gearing setup and a different driver with different conditions. Maybe you should have thought about what you posted when you insinuated BS on something someone accomplished, no?

So now you are thinking it IS possible to run 2.5's on Invo's, maybe? My bet is, I can prove you wrong as you have insinuated it wasn't possible on prior posts. You game? If not, keep your posts off anything Underground related, please. Thank you.
LOL at side stepping, after I have continously posted the same thing, and it is you that keeps trying to divert attention to bets, competitors, etc. Why do I keep bringing up Mullet's car? Because we are friends, unless something has changed since last Friday when I spoke to him. If a 2.58 on invo's is possible, then I would like to see his car run a 2.3 or a 2.4 since his car should be in a better position to do that. The focus of my posts have been specifically about Mullet's car, and the 04 G most of this time, unless previously diverted. It's you, your customers, and these mysterious AE's, that are changing the subject. You have as much pull with me not talking about your company, as I do with any of your nutswingers posting/referencing any of your competitors in other threads.

Originally Posted by LamboTT
Malu59RT- Every UGR car has multiple different options which effect how they perform in certain tests. Gearing is one big thing. The other thing is you can take a car and run it in the 1/4 mile and pull the 60-130 times and then run that car from a roll at say 60mph-130mph and the differences could be drastic even though they are the same distance because of gear changes.

The Gallardo is very venerable with gear changes compared to a DCT car which may not make much difference because the powerband never breaks load unlike the Gallardo which does when it shifts.
Thanks LamboTT, I've followed your posts on the other Lambo forums, and you seem to have a good head on your shoulders. Do you see where I am coming from in regards to available traction afforded by tire choice, traction control, and available power? Seems like asking simple questions causes a mob mentality, and everyone should blindly accept everything without understanding it. I've been in Mullet's car, and it's just a strong car through the entire pull. I look forward to your response tomorrow.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:23 PM
Former Vendor
Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !
Why do I keep bringing up Mullet's car? Because we are friends, unless something has changed since last Friday when I spoke to him. If a 2.58 on invo's is possible, then I would like to see his car run a 2.3 or a 2.4 since his car should be in a better position to do that
2.3-2.4? It's possible with different gearing and more of a dedicated 100-150 run. As you posted "you would like to see a better time for Mullet"? If YOU would like to pay for a gear ratio change for Mullet so that he can run a slightly better 100-150 have at it.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:03 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Let's see how many times Malu59's question can be answered before he gets it and gets off this subject that he is so hung up on for whatever reason. I'll start the count down...

Originally Posted by SCvet00
Bottom line is that you should not over analyze these 60-130 and 100-150 numbers in respect to the conditions in which they were achieved.. There are a lot of variables like already posted to these 60-130, 100-150 numbers.
Originally Posted by Mullet

GEARING
Originally Posted by LamboTT
2.3-2.4? It's possible with different gearing and more of a dedicated 100-150 run.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:16 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by SCvet00
Let's see how many times Malu59's question can be answered before he gets it and gets off this subject that he is so hung up on for whatever reason. I'll start the count down...

Fadi, Malu59RT is a huge swinger of DP's as about everyone's know's the BFF status. He's not trying to learn anything, he's simply posting what he does to try to discredit this silly 100-150 record or to cause some strange controversy.lol It was kind of entertaining in the begining but is now starting to move to the pathetic side.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:03 PM
sigh

Fadi, I understand gearing differences make a huge change, between two similar cars. I don't believe the two cars I'm asking about are in the same league, which has been the point all along. But what do I know, I'm just a nutswinger, lol.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:26 PM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
sigh

Fadi, I understand gearing differences make a huge change, between two similar cars. I don't believe the two cars I'm asking about are in the same league, which has been the point all along. But what do I know, I'm just a nutswinger, lol.
This is what I can tell you in regards to Mullet's car and the other recent 2.58sec Gallardo...

1-I don't know the details on both cars very well besides the info here
2-Gearing again...no idea the difference honestly on them
3-Roads are important.

My little story:
I was in NC and Kevin took me in my own car and got it to hook back to back for several 60-130 times with no cool down break. It would spin for a quick couple rotations and move on out. Then he brake boosted the crap out of it and it broke traction enough to get out of it and for me to drive back to FL with only stopping to get gas. Roads were pretty good up there with grooves in some of the roads.

I get back to FL and I've only made a handful of 60-130 runs because the roads suck on the highways and are crowded. I seem to be able to lose traction above 100mph on 93octane (not sure on exact power) UNLESS I'm on a good road and its sunny out to heat the road up.

I'm on 20" Michelin Sport Cup tires, I'm making another set of HRE 18x13's (more tire options) to see how much of a difference tires make. On the 20" Michelin's, basically if they hook then its nasty, if its not ideal road surface then I have to run a little lower boost to hook really well.

Last edited by LamboTT; 05-16-2013 at 05:30 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 6speedonline's official 1/4 Mile, 60-130, 100-150 and Standing Mile thread