996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Not quite finished but you can see where I'm going with it....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 10:54 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Not quite finished but you can see where I'm going with it....

Well the "looks" portion of the car is coming along nicely. The chrome wrap is almost finished. Just a few little areas to tend to. I have started looking a more matching set of wheels..another set of ADV1 perhaps? I know a Porsche wrapped in chrome is definitely not everyones cup of tea but I really like to try to stand out a bit....and judging from the sheer amount of people stopping in traffic to gawk and taking pics I must be standing out just a "bit". When I get the wrap all squared away Ill have some noncell phone pics taken and share them with you all.
Overall the car is running excellent even in the Texas heat. Thanks for looking.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:59 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Sorry bro, I think you really ruin the look of that awesome gt2 with that chrome wrap.
But as long as you like it I guess that's all that really matters.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:09 AM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
Wow! Pretty wild! Won't that get really hot? It's kind of interesting but I think you may get sick of it.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:13 AM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Like I said I am aware that this is not what most people....especially here...would ever consider doing. Keep in mind nothing is "ruined"....its just a wrap. It will protect the paint and Ill enjoy the look.while I have it. When Im.done ill remove the wrap and be back to good old Arctic Silver.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:18 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
I think it looks pretty good. I would expect it to stay pretty cool inside even in the brightest sunlight - all the heat would be reflected away from the car.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:53 AM
Absolutely the interior will stay cooler as all the sun will reflect away from the car.
Also I am most.aware that one would.get sick of a car looking this way. It will only be on the car for less than a year.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:07 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Be careful of law suits stating that the reflective sun rays caused an accident.

Leave the wrap on & it would probably be an easy sale for someone in Dubai.

Mullet is going to be jealous because it will get more attention than him.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:15 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Saw something similar (but a 997TT) in Paris in 2009 on the street "des champs Élysés"... It attract a lot of attention!

Attached Images   

Last edited by jpflip; 07-28-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:48 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
It's all in good fun. Do your thing. As far as chrome wraps, it's awesome!

Old 07-28-2012, 08:49 AM
thomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of light
You have huge *****!

Old 07-28-2012, 09:43 AM
evil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud of
Looks good. What lip spoiler do you have? Is it a factory GT2 bumper?

Old 07-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Thanks! Yep seems to.be.a.factory GT2 bumper. I have to be honest I dont know.what splitter it is. A local guy w a.GT2 conversion wanted.a.stock plastic piece so we traded straight across. Its a nifty little piece but sure does ad.a lot of area to drag on when entering and.exiting low/high spots.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:38 AM
evil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud of
Thanks. What is it made of, fiberglass?

Old 07-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Porschejeff is on a distinguished road
I happen to like it. I showed the pics to my wife and she asked which Rapper's car is that?

Old 07-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Yep fiberglass.
Im an aspiring rapper.... Does that count?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Not quite finished but you can see where I'm going with it....