Thursday March 15, 2012 - Driver's Education Event at MSR Houston
The road racing/driver's education event for TX2K12 will be held at MSR Houston (www.msrhouston.com
). This is the same venue we had the TX2K8 and TX2K9 event at.
We will be running the 2.4 mile long circuit:
From the host hotel take I-10 East towards Houston. Stay on I-10 east for approximately 4 miles and exit Beltway 8 and travel South (go right). Stay on Beltway 8 for approximately 20 miles until you get to Highway 288. Please note that Beltway 8 is a pay toll. Exit Hwy 288 and travel South. You will stay on 288 for approximately 21 miles. You will go past Hwy 6 and MSR Houston is exactly 13 miles south of Hwy 6 on the left hand side of the highway. Traveling south on Hwy 288, exit SOUTH CR 48 (not to be confused with CR 48). SOUTH CR 48 is right after FM 1462/Rosharon exit - just after you cross the power lines. You can't miss it.
The drive should take you 45 minutes from the host hotel.
1 Performance Drive
Angleton, TX 77515
Mandatory Driver's Meeting:
First Cars On Track:
Cost per Car:
$225 via cash, check or MO. If you wish to send me payment, please PM me and I will respond with my address. You can also use paypal...paypal $232 to email@example.com
(NON REFUNDABLE - however if your plans change you can sell your spot to someone else). No charge for spectators.
Transponder Cost per Car:
$50 payable at MSR Houston to me the day of the event
Each driver will get ATLEAST 2 hours of track time...
Classes and Format:
Beginner - if you've never run a road course before or if you feel like you need an instructor in your car to teach you the track. It will be up to the instructor to allow you to run alone and to decide if you are qualified enough to do so.
Advanced - if you have 3 previous SCCA or other sanctioned body road course/driver's education events under your belt. This class is also for those that would like a transponder and would like to be part of the time attack event.
ALL ADVANCED DRIVER'S WILL NEED TO VOLUNTEER TO INSTRUCT BEGINNERS.
Time Attack Details:
At the end of the day, those who have paid for a transponder (info coming) will have a chance to run the time attack. The fastest 5 cars will battle it out at the end of the day for the time attack 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies.
Entrants Paid To Date (3/12/12)
NOTE: Looks like we are going to go for a full day of track time, sign up now!!!!
1. Jason Purdum - GTR - Advanced (Last years 3rd place finisher)
2. Jason Bruce - STI - Beginner
3. Jeremy Rohrs - GTR - Advanced
4. Dave Marcus - GT3 - Beginner
5. Brandon Harlan - Supra - Beginner
6. Brian Anderson - Supra - Advanced
7. Aaron Boltman - Camaro - Advanced
8. Paul Costas - Camaro - Advanced (Last years 1st place finisher)
9. Sharif Abdelbasset - GTR - Advanced (Last years 2nd place finisher)
10. Terry Fair - 11' Mustang - Advanced
11. James Malaniuk - C5 Corvette - Beginner
12. Zac Polivoks - GTR - Beginner
13. Ron Nolan - GTR - Advanced
14. Warren Kline - GTR - Advanced
15. Dave Crooke - GTR - Beginner
16. Garrick Patterson - GTR - Beginner
17. Steve Russell - GTR - Advanced
18. Josh Hunter - Mustang - Beginner
19. Venkat Reddy - GTR - Beginner
20. Daniel MacFaden - BMW - Advanced
21. SW - GT3 - Advanced
22. Shawn Beard - GTR - Beginner
23. Scott Brown - C5 Z06 - Beginner
24. Troy Dixon - C6 Z06 - Advanced
25. Marcus Yi - 911 - Beginner
26. John Munsey - GTR - Advanced
27. Raymund Guerrero - Viper - Advanced
28. Michael Skinner - M3 - Beginner
29. David Tigue - S4 - Beginner
30. Darren Strunk - GTR - Beginner
31. Tim Palmer - Viper - Advanced
32. Anthony Shun - Viper -Advanced
33. Rick Thompson - Shelby Mustang - Beginner
34. Gregg Bruce - Mustang - Beginner
35. Stacy Barnett - Viper - Advanced
36. Logan Mascheck - SC300 - Beginner
37. Blake Armstrong - Mustang - Beginner
38. David Hawkins - GT3 - Advanced
39. Ron Scarcella - Supra - Advanced