996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Potential new owner :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 04:55 PM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OhioC5
Luciano, that looks just like my polar silver '02 it may even have blue interior. It's really hard to distinguish from black.
That's what I thought. Arctic looks a lot brighter. The seller had it listed as Polar but the service records from the dealer showed Arctic but I'm sure they have no clue what it is.

I *think* the interior is black (pic attached). Being color blind sucks LOL

Attached Images  
Old 06-05-2012, 05:07 PM
OhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to behold
Ok, yours looks black. I bought mine as an Arctic silver with black interior. When it was shipped to me the car ended up being Polar silver with blue interior. Some guys said how mad they would have been, but I'm pretty happy. The interior is a really dark blue and the polar silver looks amazing in different lighting.

Nice car, congrats.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:15 PM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OhioC5
Ok, yours looks black. I bought mine as an Arctic silver with black interior. When it was shipped to me the car ended up being Polar silver with blue interior. Some guys said how mad they would have been, but I'm pretty happy. The interior is a really dark blue and the polar silver looks amazing in different lighting.

Nice car, congrats.
Wow, what a screw up!! I noticed that this color changes in different lighting; kinda nice really.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Brought the baby home! Can't wait for a full detail; the paint is in good condition but has some contamination. A full clay bar, seal and wax and it will look fantastic.

Still don't have confirmation on the official color but I'm calling it Polar Silver; the sticker under the hood is so faded, I can't read it LOL

Old 06-06-2012, 11:36 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Im no expert thats for sure but it looks like Arctic to me...I think Polar has a bit of a.blue tint. The first Detail is one of the.best parts about buying a new or used car. Enjoy it. Looking forward to pics.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by triblk6spd
Im no expert thats for sure but it looks like Arctic to me...I think Polar has a bit of a.blue tint. The first Detail is one of the.best parts about buying a new or used car. Enjoy it. Looking forward to pics.
I have a really hard time seeing the difference between both. The pics I attached on the first page suggest a little bit of a blue-ish tint but who knows, maybe it is the lighting. Being color blind definitely doesn't help!

First plans are full detail (including a headlight restoration) and change oil and filter. Then I'll do a little photoshoot out in the mountains.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:02 AM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice. Whats your Detail plan? Product line? Are you on autopia.com? I spend hours.there lol.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by triblk6spd
Very nice. Whats your Detail plan? Product line? Are you on autopia.com? I spend hours.there lol.
I've decided to outsource the headlights given the steep price of replacements in case something happens.

From what I can tell, there are few scratches in the paint, so it's just a matter of removing the contamination and restoring the shine. For the paint I typically do:
* full claybar;
* one coat of Jetseal 109;
* one coat of Collonite.

As interim protection, I've also used Menzerna but since the car is not a daily driver, I don't really need that anymore.

This combo has great results on black, so I'll see how it works out on silver.

Oh, not on autopia.com btw. It sounds like it's an evil place I should not go to

Last edited by FI_FTW; 06-07-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:33 AM
This was driving me crazy, so I went out and tried reading the code. It is ARCTIC Silver. Code L92U.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:06 AM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Congrats on the new car and enjoy in good health.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:10 AM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUCIANO136
Brought the baby home! Can't wait for a full detail; the paint is in good condition but has some contamination. A full clay bar, seal and wax and it will look fantastic.

Still don't have confirmation on the official color but I'm calling it Polar Silver; the sticker under the hood is so faded, I can't read it LOL
That thing looks very nice! I just went and picked mine up and got it home last night! I am going to clay mine in the morning. I am curious as to what you seal it up with after the clay bar? I will get some pics of mine up very soon.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:13 AM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUCIANO136
I've decided to outsource the headlights given the steep price of replacements in case something happens.

From what I can tell, there are few scratches in the paint, so it's just a matter of removing the contamination and restoring the shine. For the paint I typically do:
* full claybar;
* one coat of Jetseal 109;
* one coat of Collonite.

As interim protection, I've also used Menzerna but since the car is not a daily driver, I don't really need that anymore.

This combo has great results on black, so I'll see how it works out on silver.

Oh, not on autopia.com btw. It sounds like it's an evil place I should not go to
Didn't read the whole thread! I will give the jetseal and collonite a try!

Old 06-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by machinegunt
Didn't read the whole thread! I will give the jetseal and collonite a try!
You won't be disappointed! I use Jetseal 109 on my wife's GTI that lives outside and the protection is really durable. It should last months on a car that is garaged.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by machinegunt
That thing looks very nice! I just went and picked mine up and got it home last night! I am going to clay mine in the morning. I am curious as to what you seal it up with after the clay bar? I will get some pics of mine up very soon.
Thanks ! I dropped off the headlights yesterday morning for restoration. They should look near brand new again. I wanted to detail the car today but it looks like I may have to do some work instead .

Old 06-16-2012, 05:50 PM
First oil and filter change complete . Last oil change was in Oct 2011 and 7k mi ago; the oil actually looked pretty good but I needed the piece of mind .

Now I only need my headlights back and I can FINALLY go for a drive! I'm running out of patience!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Potential new owner :)