996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Intro - TiKORE - Titanium Lug Bolts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
TiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of light
Intro - TiKORE - Titanium Lug Bolts

TiKORE Titanium Security Bolts
Hey everyone, we are new site sponsors and wanted to introduce ourselves. TiKORE Industries (pronounced Tie-Core) was established in 2010 to serve the needs of the aftermarket automotive industry. TiKORE designs, engineers, and manufactures titanium and other alloy products at its headquarters located in Fort Lauderdale, FL (USA).

We offer titanium lug bolts (security and none security) and titanium lug nuts for all brands of vehicles (custom sets as well for those folks running spacers).

Please note we roll all of our threads, manufacture the bolts in house and all of our titanium bolts are crafted from grade 5 certified titanium bar stock.
Weight savings, titanium is approx. 45% lighter than steel components.

In regards to our Porsche bolts the weight savings are slightly different as Porsche uses an aluminum ball seat, thus lighter weight in that area, but risk of wearing down the seat and oxidization of the aluminum. These bolts offer weight savings and an escape from the weathering that we all see from Porsche lug bolts.

The weight of the factory Porsche set is 4.11 lbs. The weight of the TiKORE set is 3.00 lbs.
TiKORE Engineering note, we made sure the security bolt and the regular bolt weigh the same.

Titanium Facts
Grade 5 6AL-4V Titanium (Tikore's preferred material)
Yield Strength: 128,000psi
Ultimate Tensile Strength: 138,000psi
Shear Strength: 79,800psi
Density: .160 lb/in^3

Regards,
Joshua

Attached Images      

Last edited by TiKORE; 05-31-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:13 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
what is the difference between the one piece and two piece?

Old 07-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Basic Sponsor
TiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by joetwint
what is the difference between the one piece and two piece?
Joetwint,

The two piece set stays true to the OEM Porsche design. The thought process behind a two piece is that the seat is able to provide a perfect fit since it is floating. TiKORE design allows for the floating washer never to fall off during transfer to and from. With all this being said most other brands use a one piece bolt.

Regards
Joshua

Old 07-24-2012, 04:19 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Sorry not what i meant as i should have been more clear. I have seen some Ti lugs that have a screw in brass cap and i thought by two piece u meant the cap . I understand thw floating ball seat . So i guess tour bolts do not have rhe cap because i could not tell from the pics. Do u use a special key to tighten or are they a regular 19 mm?

Old 07-24-2012, 04:31 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by joetwint
Sorry not what i meant as i should have been more clear. I have seen some Ti lugs that have a screw in brass cap and i thought by two piece u meant the cap . I understand thw floating ball seat . So i guess tour bolts do not have rhe cap because i could not tell from the pics. Do u use a special key to tighten or are they a regular 19 mm?
Yes, our bolts use a 19mm socket. Our security bolt uses a security socket that comes with the set.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Joshua

Old 07-24-2012, 05:15 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
So the advantages of these bolts boils down to a 1.11 lb weight savings and peace of mind that they wont fail and a Porsche bolt may fail?

Old 07-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by deckman
So the advantages of these bolts boils down to a 1.11 lb weight savings and peace of mind that they wont fail and a Porsche bolt may fail?
Weight savings without giving up strength, and durability (compare a OEM Porsche Bolt with a TiKORE Bolt, take a look at the comparison picture a customer just posted on this page https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...lug-bolts.html).

I wouldn't say a Porsche bolt is going to fail you, just doesn't have the characteristics mentioned above.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
any chance of getting race studs?

Old 07-25-2012, 07:46 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Blockhed
We have talked about this around the shop, but it is going to take some good time before we release racing studs.

Thanks
Joshua

Old 07-25-2012, 07:56 AM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
Wouldn't it actually be easier to make race studs since there is no head on it plus the machine making them would like you a bit more considering how hard titanium is to cut.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
Wouldn't it actually be easier to make race studs since there is no head on it plus the machine making them would like you a bit more considering how hard titanium is to cut.
We could make a race stud no problem. We just won't release a product without major testing first. That is where the time and expense comes into play.

We do offer open ended and extended closed ended lug nuts. Tested heavily.

Thanks
Joshua

Old 07-25-2012, 09:46 AM
Whats your contact info?

Old 07-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Basic Sponsor
Whats your contact info?
PM sent with all the office/shop contact information.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:54 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
I would like race studs but the look looks to much of a racecar.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:55 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Can you pm me a price on them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Intro - TiKORE - Titanium Lug Bolts