996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

K16 with EPL flash and 3" cat-less exhaust, ballpark HP?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 03:28 PM
mrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond repute
K16 with EPL flash and 3" cat-less exhaust, ballpark HP?

My K16 car has minimum mods, just an EPL flash and an open 3" x-pipe exhaust with cat delete pipes. My friend has a dyno, but not for AWD cars and I don't feel like removing the front driveshafts just to get HP/TQ figures.
Can anyone tell me what the crank and wheel HP should be since this is a fairly common pair of beginner mods?
These two mods made the car feel a hell of a lot more powerful so anyone who has dyno'd their similarly modded car please share

Thank you

Old 01-13-2013, 03:35 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Tony should be able to tell you. He will be very close.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:36 PM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
about 380 wheel and 450 or so crank I'd stop there, you're not ever going to feel any upgrade the way these two mods feel. unless you change a lot... the iphone has a dyno app, not to sure how, or how good it works...

Old 01-13-2013, 03:47 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mod mike
about 380 wheel and 450 or so crank I'd stop there, you're not ever going to feel any upgrade the way these two mods feel. unless you change a lot... the iphone has a dyno app, not to sure how, or how good it works...
Mike I think that is pretty good estimate

Old 01-13-2013, 04:20 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Heh, the iPhone app Dynolicious is pretty entertaining to use on the Porsche. I've tried it out once earlier this month and was getting calculated crank horsepower figures between 455 and 485 on my Gemballa reflashed, modified stock exhaust K16 powered 996TT. I have found that it is fairly consistent at least, and I use it on all my vehicles and it does a pretty decent job calculating crank horsepower on my other 2 vehicles (which are stock). If nothing else, you'll be entertained!

Old 01-13-2013, 06:55 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
I posted the following when I had my car. The following are my numbers on EPL's Mustang dyno.

STOCK: 344whp and 379wtq

FVD mufflers (with cats) and DV’s: 356whp and 389wtq

FVD mufflers (with cats), DV’s AND Flash: 425whp and 501wtq

Old 01-13-2013, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by ttboost
I posted the following when I had my car. The following are my numbers on EPL's Mustang dyno.

That sounds like you had a good running 16 car then..

Old 01-13-2013, 07:05 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
yeah..I think I got a good one... I think we made 525/575 with 18g's, injectors, 5bar and exhaust, and then it made 600/600ish on meth.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:09 PM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
With a custom 1bar tune and no other mods my car made 418whp 470ftlbs on AWD dynojet. My buddy is a highly accomplished Evo GTR DSM RX7 tuner (Magnus Motorsports). You should be making more than I do as I'm still on stock exhaust.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:39 PM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ttboost

note where OP is from, myself included.. we have 91 octane with pretty much keeps us on the low end of hp #'s .. i took into account that tony tuned his tune accordantly to 91.. if OP bought the car out of state where it was tuned for 93, he might be over boosting the car. what was your boost set at, and was that on 93?

Old 01-13-2013, 08:24 PM
note where OP is from, myself included.. we have 91 octane with pretty much keeps us on the low end of hp #'s .. i took into account that tony tuned his tune accordantly to 91.. if OP bought the car out of state where it was tuned for 93, he might be over boosting the car. what was your boost set at, and was that on 93?
Your good at the details,,I figured the 91 also..

Old 01-13-2013, 08:41 PM
NTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond repute
450 or so crank..
Am I reading this right? A 30 hp increase over stock with a flash and exhaust? That seems very low from what I have read. Don't most tuners claim about 75 crank hp just from a 1bar tune? The 91 octane tunes usually net about 10 less HP than a 93 tune. Also softronic 91 octane tunes will actually adjust if you put in 93 octane from what I was told by vivid racing. Also isnt boost always set at 1 bar and it is the timing that is reduced for 91 octane flashes?

Old 01-13-2013, 09:07 PM
Come to think of it, you are probably right, I think it would be a little higher then that also.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:33 AM
Yes..my base tunes were 1bar on 93oct. Tony does tune for you 91oct guys, so yes.. likely a few less hp on 91...

Old 01-14-2013, 10:37 AM
mrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NTIMD8
Am I reading this right? A 30 hp increase over stock with a flash and exhaust? That seems very low from what I have read. Don't most tuners claim about 75 crank hp just from a 1bar tune? The 91 octane tunes usually net about 10 less HP than a 93 tune. Also softronic 91 octane tunes will actually adjust if you put in 93 octane from what I was told by vivid racing. Also isnt boost always set at 1 bar and it is the timing that is reduced for 91 octane flashes?
My thoughts exactly...stock is 415-420, and with a 1bar flash and open exhaust only 30hp gain is estimated? To me that does sound like a very conservative estimate. The car feels A LOT stronger after these mods, like it gained more like 80hp and 100lbft tq. I don't thinks these two mods produce less than 10% additional HP/TQ.
Thanks for the tip about the dynolicious app...I actually bought that when I had my C2 and I forgot all about it. I will give it a try.
Also, I had Tony/EPL flash for 91 octane since that is the best I can do in California.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: K16 with EPL flash and 3" cat-less exhaust, ballpark HP?