996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

991 GT2 RS: It's Real!!!

Old 01-15-2013, 03:56 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
991 GT2 RS: It's Real!!!

I debated whether or not to post this or not because I was unable to get my iphone out in time to take a picture. Yesterday I was driving up a street to one of my clients who lives in one of the most exclusive parts of Beverly Hills. When driving toward me is a Matte White Porsche that just looked amazing even from a distance. It had scoops on the side and a big wing on the rear. As it got closer I was able to immediately distinguish it as a 991 variant. Then i realized this was probably the upcoming 991 Turbo. But it didnt look like any of the spy shots or even renderings of the 991 Turbo that I've seen. The front bumper/splitter immediately was recognizeable as being inspired by the upcoming 918. I could not tell who was driving, however MANY big hitters live in this community including Jay Leno who I see routinely. When I got home I combed the internet for spy photos of the 991 Turbo. Again, nothing. I looked for aftermarket body kits that could have been put on a 991 to make it look like a Turbo, again batting a big goose egg. It also was so refined that it looked production and not like a custom kit anyway. That's when I knew I had indeed seen something special not intended for the general public to see. Left scratching my head about what I had seen yesterday I started looking online again this morning. Bingo, wood on the fat part of the bat, homerun! That's when I found this rendering and the car looked EXACTLY like the below picture to a T!!! The factory hasnt even acknowledged its existence and we havent even seen spy photos of one to my knowledge and here it was completely unmasked, no camoflauge or any disguise of any type, only lacking the rear badging. I told my boss about it and he told me the same thing happened to him about a year or so before the Carrera GT came out, no masks and was driving around, presumably on a short little test drive on the side streets and least traveled in Beverly Hills. At the wheel was Jay Leno. Most of us know, he later became one of the first few CGT owners and even was setup by Porsche to break a world speed record. Armed with all this information, I'm absolutely positive that what I saw yesterday was indeed the upcoming GT2RS and it was STUNNING. Probably the best looking Porsche of ANY model that I've ever seen. I cringe that I couldnt get my iphone out in time as that pic probably could have brought me 10K from sales to magazines. Oh well, I'm just super excited to have seen it in person and share my encounter with the 6speed community.

Attached Images  

Last edited by ScottKelly911; 01-15-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:17 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
very cool - just when i thought the 997 gt2rs was going to be the pinncacle for some time i was wrong! .. good news for me is that 997 prices are going to slash! pdk makes me feel sick though in a gt car

Last edited by porka; 01-15-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:23 PM
z06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond repute
It will be a beautiful beast for sure!

Old 01-15-2013, 04:31 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Looks fantastic..

Old 01-15-2013, 04:53 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to burst your bubble, but what you saw was the Caractere 991 owned by CEC wheels in West LA off Santa Monica Blvd.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-cec-c884.html
https://www.6speedonline.com/article...ayenne-cousin/

Attached Images  
Old 01-15-2013, 05:17 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Not a fan of the styling.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
wow that looks amazing

that would be amazing if infact it is a gt2 and not the cec car

Old 01-15-2013, 05:54 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deckman
not a fan of the styling.
+++++++++++++++1

Old 01-15-2013, 08:28 PM
NeunElfDrehzahl is a glorious beacon of lightNeunElfDrehzahl is a glorious beacon of lightNeunElfDrehzahl is a glorious beacon of lightNeunElfDrehzahl is a glorious beacon of lightNeunElfDrehzahl is a glorious beacon of lightNeunElfDrehzahl is a glorious beacon of light
CEC car's front spoiler vents big enough to let in substantial-sized rocks at speed....BAM right into the radiators- I like the finer grill of the OP's blue Porsche.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:33 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by v35
Sorry to burst your bubble, but what you saw was the Caractere 991 owned by CEC wheels in West LA off Santa Monica Blvd.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-cec-c884.html
https://www.6speedonline.com/article...ayenne-cousin/
Well, I'm very pleased to say, it definitely wasn't that car. At first glance of your post, I was bummed that it might be a bodykit and not the real mccoy. But as I study the pic of the CEC car, it definitely wasn't that car. The front bumper was different than the CEC car. The 918 lines didn't protrude outward and jut out the way the CEC bumper does. Also, didn't have those ducts on the side of the grills of the bumper the way the CEC car does. It also had the turn signals that are strips in the grills like the current style turbo's, not integrated into the bumper like the current 991's are. The side scoops were much higher on the hip of the above car and shaped completely differently. They didn't have that "added" on look how the CEC cars do. These were fully part of the body and didn't have any lines of separation. The roof was painted white, same as the rest of the car and the wing was different as well. Lastly, the rear bumper looked much different than the CEC car also. It looked almost identical to the rendering of the blue car in the pic I posted. It drove past me on San Ysidro at literally about 15 mph as I had to move to the side of the road to let him pass since the road wasn't wide enough for both of us. So I was able to get a pretty good look and it definitely wasn't the CEC car.

I REALLY wish I'd have gotten a pic of this car! it was magnificent!!!

Old 01-15-2013, 11:57 PM
InSpeedWeTrust is on a distinguished road
I would have turned around and stalked him.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:39 AM
SpoolBus is on a distinguished road
Lol +1 on stalking!

Old 01-16-2013, 05:02 AM
MIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud of
Side intakes look Panamera ish!!!

Old 01-16-2013, 11:54 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds amazing, wish you had taken a pic!!

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Well, I'm very pleased to say, it definitely wasn't that car. At first glance of your post, I was bummed that it might be a bodykit and not the real mccoy. But as I study the pic of the CEC car, it definitely wasn't that car. The front bumper was different than the CEC car. The 918 lines didn't protrude outward and jut out the way the CEC bumper does. Also, didn't have those ducts on the side of the grills of the bumper the way the CEC car does. It also had the turn signals that are strips in the grills like the current style turbo's, not integrated into the bumper like the current 991's are. The side scoops were much higher on the hip of the above car and shaped completely differently. They didn't have that "added" on look how the CEC cars do. These were fully part of the body and didn't have any lines of separation. The roof was painted white, same as the rest of the car and the wing was different as well. Lastly, the rear bumper looked much different than the CEC car also. It looked almost identical to the rendering of the blue car in the pic I posted. It drove past me on San Ysidro at literally about 15 mph as I had to move to the side of the road to let him pass since the road wasn't wide enough for both of us. So I was able to get a pretty good look and it definitely wasn't the CEC car.

I REALLY wish I'd have gotten a pic of this car! it was magnificent!!!

Old 01-16-2013, 11:58 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Pics or lies Scott. Lol

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 GT2 RS: It's Real!!!