996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New 2 piece splitter for the 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 08:20 PM
Another P has a spectacular aura aboutAnother P has a spectacular aura about
Very similar to what I had made in cf from a friend of mine that does tons of cf aftermarket parts. But not on/off in 2 minutes. Needs to be lifted a few inches, ie ramps and then about 5 min to remove.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Joe Toth
Nice pic. Looks like your CF blade attaches to the bottom of a factory piece or am I seeing incorrectly? Mine replaces the OEM piece entirely. Looks very nice.
Thanks, Joe.
Yes. I had him design something to apply directly. No mod needed to stock, but I do have the aero dam vs stock dam.

Also just saw my aero has slipped off the tabs! Doh. Will need to pull up my dam.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:49 AM
Splitter cables

Originally Posted by heavychevy
It's a modified ebay RUF knockoff splitter. I've despised the side winglet things for years.
Heavychevy,
I see that you are running to stabilizer cables to your splitter from the license plate holes. I've thought about doing that, but was unsure how strong that would be, and if I'd just rip out or ruin my nose. What have you done to make this work, and have you seen any deformation?

Help!
Thanks

Old 10-13-2014, 06:17 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joe731
Sorry for not being around this summer. Life got in the way. Quick summary. I installed the splitter (very easy to do) and love it. It takes less than 3 minutes to install/uninstall the lower piece, which I do every time I put the car on my trailer as my car is low.

I have had the car up over 155MPH on the back straight of Watkins Glen without a worry. My only worry was would it hit any curbing I take, particularly into the "bus stop" at the Glen which I take full on. No issues there either.

Because life got in the way this summer, I cannot honestly say I felt the difference or saw my times go down. I only did 4 track days this summer so most was recurrency driving. Do I believe it helps ... yes? Can I prove it yet, no. Maybe next year when I am at current and at the Glen for an advanced day I will try a few laps with it and a few without it. to see if it affects my times. that's really the only way to prove anything. Feel is mostly BS if it doesn't lower your times.

One other comment. On the look, it is fine, but I will likely cover mine with some carbon fiber tape to make it look a little better. The gloss black is OK, but it doesn't look like a factory quality part with that paint on it.

Would I recommend it. Definitely. Very reasonably priced, well made, easy on/off. What's not to like
Not necessarily with aero. Unless aero is balanced (added front and rear) or you are fixing an imbalance, you may not see immediate improvements. It takes some time to dial new aero mods in. The TT has a ton of lift at speed, the splitter will significantly reduce the lift on the front end, but the underside of the car has a lot of turbulent air still. You really need to add some rear DF to maximize the benefit. For now it should be much more stable turning at high speeds and better grip on the front end in medium turns. Maybe some braking. But you have to be able to identify where the extra grip is and then drive to use it. It's easy to just keep driving like you have and not see an improvement.

I've seen plenty of people just add a big wing and go no faster to slower initially because it's not balanced.

Originally Posted by Another P
Heavychevy,
I see that you are running to stabilizer cables to your splitter from the license plate holes. I've thought about doing that, but was unsure how strong that would be, and if I'd just rip out or ruin my nose. What have you done to make this work, and have you seen any deformation?

Help!
Thanks
Mine is mounted to the front bumper support so it's supported by the frame and not the bumper. It was designed by forum member Al Norton and I can't remember exactly how he did it but it uses the factory front plate holes in the bumper. He put a couple of small holes in the bumper and mounted some stud type things and then tapped those out for bolts for the supports.

Done properly, no stress on front bumper. I couldn't begin to tell you how to do it though.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:20 PM
scsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to behold
So, am I correct in assuming this can be done for those of us with GT2 bumpers?

Old 10-13-2014, 09:40 PM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
I hope you're still making these in the spring once the snow is done for 2015!

Old 12-04-2014, 12:25 PM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
Joe, quick question, how do the canards/winglets attach?

Old 12-04-2014, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by Joe Toth
By the way, in black frp they are free this month with a splitter.
Lets see if the end of year bonus allows for it

Old 12-18-2014, 08:35 AM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
Got Mine

Thanks Joe T for making my splitter. The fit, finish, and over all quality is very nice.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	959.0 KB
ID:	410059  
Old 12-18-2014, 06:15 PM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zuluracerx
Thanks Joe T for making my splitter. The fit, finish, and over all quality is very nice.
What happened to the GT2 bumper?

Old 12-18-2014, 06:52 PM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by vr4henry
What happened to the GT2 bumper?
You might be thinking about my white GT2 racecar? It goes on the dyno tomorrow morning! Woo Hoo

Old 12-18-2014, 09:51 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zuluracerx
looks awesome!

Old 02-17-2016, 10:39 AM
Former Vendor
Joe Toth is a jewel in the roughJoe Toth is a jewel in the roughJoe Toth is a jewel in the roughJoe Toth is a jewel in the rough
I now have a distributor in the UK. Please contact Ryan at Garage Midnight. We will be shipping larger quantities of parts thus drastically reducing the per part shipping costs and making the pieces affordable. Thanks Joe

Old 07-22-2020, 07:32 AM
BMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond repute
Any issues with the removal of the rectangular cut outs present on the OEM and Aero splitter? Those are to direct airflow to brake deflectors? Thanks

Old 07-24-2020, 03:00 PM
sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DSCOFF
I don't have the answer, but pairing the two looks badass

Wow just went through this old thread and really digging the splitter. Thanks for resurrecting!