996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

CDR-23 (Bose) Aux-In w/Bluetooth: Achievement (somewhat) Unlocked

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 06:37 PM
p556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud of
CDR-23 (Bose) Aux-In w/Bluetooth: Achievement (somewhat) Unlocked

Here are the parts I used (you can use similar products):

Audiovox FM100A FM Modulator with IST2 Isolation Transformer
Amazon.com : Audiovox FM100A FM Modulator with IST2 Isolation Transformer (Grey) : Vehicle Audio Video Accessories And Parts : Electronics Amazon.com : Audiovox FM100A FM Modulator with IST2 Isolation Transformer (Grey) : Vehicle Audio Video Accessories And Parts : Electronics
Comes with an on/off switch and a ground loop isolator for the signal wires. I mounted the switch into the back of the bottom shelf.

Fusion MS-BT100 Bluetooth Dongle (music only, not for calls)
Amazon.com: Fusion MS-BT100 Bluetooth Dongle for Fusion Marine Stereo Head Units: Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com: Fusion MS-BT100 Bluetooth Dongle for Fusion Marine Stereo Head Units: Sports & Outdoors
This doesn't seem to clip the BT signal too badly. Music still sounds full. Wired this into the FM Modulator switch.

Audiophile CMOY headphone amplifier
Amazon.com: Audiophile CMOY headphone amplifier made with high quality parts-Blank Tin: Electronics Amazon.com: Audiophile CMOY headphone amplifier made with high quality parts-Blank Tin: Electronics
Cut off the 9v battery connector, drilled a hole in the side, used a grommet, and wired this into the switch as well. I set the volume at about 70%.

Fakra antenna adapters
http://www.discountcarstereo.com/BAA2223.html

It won't give you CD-quality audio, but it's better than nothing and now I can stream Pandora through the car whenever I happen to have the radio on.

I was able to mount the FM modulator in the space behind the stereo (on the trans tunnel, covered by the carpet pieces) and everything else went under and behind the shelves under the stereo.

Last edited by p556guy; 08-01-2014 at 06:41 PM.